Public charter
Oakland, CA

Posted May 09, 2013
Ascend is an incredible school with an incredibly dedicated staff! It truly is a cornerstone of the Fruitvale community and I am so impressed by our school's commitment to providing the highest quality education to our students.

Posted February 12, 2010
Ascend has a very strong parent involvement and feels like a big family.They have excellent teacher staff and has a great after school program lead by Oakland LEAF. I am very happy my son is in a warm and nurturing & learning environment.

Posted September 17, 2009
All the personal from Ascend school are working hard for a better education for our childrens.The principal Ms. Adams all the time take care about the students and parents concerns I feel lucky that my son study at Ascend school.

Posted June 24, 2009
ASCEND is an interesting arts-integrated school. The children are exposed to art, music, and a very diverse staff. Many of the students have been there from K-8! It could use more teachers of color to omplement the majoritively Latino student population.

Posted September 29, 2008
I love this school it has improve so much in the last couple years. My son is in first grade and is reading really well. I hope we kept on moving up. Well that is what our name stands for anyways.

Posted January 18, 2008
What I admire most about Ascend is Principal Adam. She is wonderful! I have never seen any principal like her. Trust me, I have met quiet a few. She is knowledgeable about each of her students, and she is like a pit bull. She does not give up on any of them. I give her a A+++++. She really rocks! I am really please that there is also an African American vice principal at Ascend this school year. But, I wish that there were more diversity in the lower grades.

Posted May 21, 2007
The teachers are amazing. Dedicated and enthusiastic. The principal works so hard. She is patient and thoughtful and does too much work. The arts at this school are the best - kids do art and music in every grade. They have made tremendous improvements in every area. If every school in OUSD was like this it would be incredible.

Posted April 16, 2003
I have never seen a school with more caring teachers. The children are safe and loved - not to mention how much they are learning!

3709 East 12th Street, Oakland, CA  94601
Last modified Ascend School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ascend School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top