Bad
Good

I am thankful for UPA because there are very good teachers, a nice principal, and an excellent parent coordinator, Glendy Cordero, at the school. There is a free salad bar for the students, four days a week thanks to Glendy, Ana, and the parents that help. I am also thankful for the program that teaches parents to learn about computers. Now, we can comunicate in e-mail with the school and see the grades of our children, etc.

I'm really pleased with the staff and classes at this school. My son is in grade 6 now and he is benefitting from the excellent, committed teachers at UPA. A big thumbs up to "Miss Lisa".

I'm looking to start my children in this school and I have spoken to teachers and staff already. They seem to be very professional. The school also has English and computer classes for parents. These classes help to get the parents more involved with their children's academic experience.

I am a very proud father to have my son, Jose, in this school. The teachers are excellent in my opinion. My son was in a private school and the experience was not positive. However, since my son transferred to UPA he has learned how to be a good student, but above all at being a good person. Teachers and all of the other staff here are part of our lives now. They keep parents well-imformed and help to shape our children. I am a happy father. Thaks UPA.

I am very thankful for UPA Middle School because every teacher and staff member is dedicated to the students. The principal is very friendly and open to parent input. My daughter, Evelyn, is in grade 7 now and she is excited to go to school everyday.

upa is the best school that you can ever find.I am an 8th grader righ now and thanks to upa i have gone from a 3.50 to a 4.0.the teachers here push you to work hard and doesn't let anyone fall behind.In this school i was able to go to chicago with my after school program.It was hard work but it was worth it.Im sad to be leaving this school.I feel really safe here.Our test scores were the best out of oakland.If your thinking of putting your child in this school your child will thank you for putting him or her in this school

upa has been the best school i have gone to. i have nothing but good memories about the school and all the great teachers!!! Golberg, Bayardo, Juarez ,wolf,maxwell, and Montes have been the best teachers i have ever had!!!

i am a student at upa its my last year there and i could say that it has really helped me. Everyone helps all the students do there best. The teachers are always there for us. when i first started upa i had a 3.5 in my gpa but know i am a proud 4.0 student and i want to thank everyone all my teachers and principal. I also want 2 say that upa is not like all of the schools of east Oakland this is a small school that dosent have many fights and is a verry safe school 2 be at!!!!!!

As a parent of this school I am very impressed at the lengths that the staff goes through to get parents involved. I also think that the principal has done a gareat job in improving the test scores of the school. I have watched the school grow. This is my fourth year as a parent at this school and yes academically it can do better but we need more parents involved to do it. My children have been bothe straight A students with perfect attendance and I know it is becasue of the expectations their teachers have and the one's we have at home. Keep up the good work!

Are you kidding! This school is a typical east oakldn school where teachers do not teach but fill students with their own ideals about society. I have lived in this community for more than 10 years and am disgusted by the stereotypical mural they just placed in the wall. Warriors huh? Raise the schools academics and then boast. What a joke!

Last modified Urban Promise Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.