Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

This school was The worse choice for sending my child I would not recommend to anyone! The staff is very unprofessionally especially Armstrong. I agree with the below rating she is a bully. They have no structure, stability and no consistency. This was my first time having a child in elementary school and now I know to research a whole lot more into the schools. My child will not be going back to this school.

The director is VERY unreasonable. Armstrong is her name and PUBLIC HUMILIATION is her game The woman is a bully. And I feel really bad for the dedicated teachers that work at this school, because their leader and director just hinders this school from being all that it could be. I WOULD NOT send my student here. Any parent that sends their child to this school is obviously not looking online and reading reviews because multiple people have commented on the directors need to humiliate and harshly punish the students. One person even commented that she pays people to write good reviews, its just ridiculous. Please find a different school for your students, because at this school your students best interest is not first on the priority list.

I am a student at this school. This school is very excellent. The teachers here help the students improve their grades. Yes some of the teachers here are strict but they are mostly strict on students who tend to slack off. They teachers never give up on their students and always make them reach their goals. My sister has shown ALOT of improving since she was there.When a student struggles in a subject the teachers are always there to help them.This is a wonderful school. I was not paid to say this. This is my true opinon.

The principal offered cash to us parents who would write good reviews of the school. She is rude and condescending, and uses old fashioned and illogical punishments with my son. It's not an environment where kids learn. He's afraid and cries everyday. I'm disappointed in this school and plan to remove my son.

The information on this sight is somewhat out dated. This is a small school community with high expectations for behavior and personal student responsibility. Although the leadership and teachers are strict they are also caring and dedicated. After school program and tutoring are offered. Tutoring is mandatory for struggling students. Again high expectations for students. EOLA requires a lot from it's students and is not a great match for everyone, but a great school none the less! Great API (API 805) from 2009-2010 school year.

My name is Courtney an i am a former student at E.O.L.A. and to me this is a great school. Here at EOLA they push you even when you don't want to do it. They help you every step of the way and they never give up on you. I personally love this school because when i was here they pushed me when i didn't want to. i graduated 8th grade from here and i miss them so much. At this school they are a family we support you with everything. This school is the best thing that has ever happen to me

We are very happy to have our son in this school . He has make a lot progress and he is more interested in his classes. We are proud of him and of this school. Congratulations.

this is a great school i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter currently attends EOLA and it has not been the best experience. EOLA does not offer any after school programs for a struggling student like they have promised. The after school program that has been offered this school year 2007/2008 has been strictly for testing preperations to increase test scores to make EOLA look good not for the need of the students The academic program is not consistent and it does not prepared students for high school/college. EOLA needs to be re-evaluated.

great school. good structure. dedicated staff. goal oriented director.

Last modified East Oakland Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.