Posted April 19, 2012
I am a student at this school. This school is very excellent. The teachers here help the students improve their grades. Yes some of the teachers here are strict but they are mostly strict on students who tend to slack off. They teachers never give up on their students and always make them reach their goals. My sister has shown ALOT of improving since she was there.When a student struggles in a subject the teachers are always there to help them.This is a wonderful school. I was not paid to say this. This is my true opinon.

East Oakland Leadership Academy 1

Posted January 14, 2012
The principal offered cash to us parents who would write good reviews of the school. She is rude and condescending, and uses old fashioned and illogical punishments with my son. It's not an environment where kids learn. He's afraid and cries everyday. I'm disappointed in this school and plan to remove my son.

Posted September 25, 2011
The information on this sight is somewhat out dated. This is a small school community with high expectations for behavior and personal student responsibility. Although the leadership and teachers are strict they are also caring and dedicated. After school program and tutoring are offered. Tutoring is mandatory for struggling students. Again high expectations for students. EOLA requires a lot from it's students and is not a great match for everyone, but a great school none the less! Great API (API 805) from 2009-2010 school year.

Posted September 22, 2011
My name is Courtney an i am a former student at E.O.L.A. and to me this is a great school. Here at EOLA they push you even when you don't want to do it. They help you every step of the way and they never give up on you. I personally love this school because when i was here they pushed me when i didn't want to. i graduated 8th grade from here and i miss them so much. At this school they are a family we support you with everything. This school is the best thing that has ever happen to me

Posted September 22, 2011
We are very happy to have our son in this school . He has make a lot progress and he is more interested in his classes. We are proud of him and of this school. Congratulations.

East Oakland Leadership Academy 2

Posted August 19, 2011
This school at times has had unprofessional staff members, and the year that things seem to turn around, the good staff was all fired the following school year. The Principal is a force to be reckoned with. She is cold, rude, uncaring,snobby, and most of the time just out right disrespectful. I wish EOLA the best, but in order for the scholl to progress it starts with the leader.

East Oakland Leadership Academy 0

Posted September 17, 2008
this is a great school i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

East Oakland Leadership Academy 1

Posted April 29, 2008
My daughter currently attends EOLA and it has not been the best experience. EOLA does not offer any after school programs for a struggling student like they have promised. The after school program that has been offered this school year 2007/2008 has been strictly for testing preperations to increase test scores to make EOLA look good not for the need of the students The academic program is not consistent and it does not prepared students for high school/college. EOLA needs to be re-evaluated.

Posted March 06, 2008

Posted August 02, 2007
- a administrator
great school. good structure. dedicated staff. goal oriented director.

East Oakland Leadership Academy
2614 Seminary Avenue, Oakland, CA  94605
Last modified East Oakland Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Oakland Leadership Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.