Posted February 12, 2014
I'm so glad my daughter went to JMSG; she went from being smart, but shy to passionate, creative, and outgoing in three years. In elementary school, she was struggling, not academically, but to keep up her image. When she went to Julia Morgan, she got to let go of the less important social class and focus on school. She hadn't been struggling at all, her test scores and homework was always good, but mainly because she kept quiet and never challenged herself. In Julia Morgan, she allowed herself to be challenged and ask questions. While JMSG has been critiqued of having less academics than other school, that wasn't the case for my daughter and her friends. While most of her freshman classmates are in Algebra I, my daughter is in Geometry and will be moving on to Algebra II honors next year. This is the case with most of her JMSG friends. Some friends from Julia Morgan are going straight to Trigonometry. Julia Morgan focuses not on only the academics in Math, English, Science and all other subjects, but focuses on allowing the students to really learn and express so that they become more creative thinkers as well as improve their academic knowledge.

Posted July 28, 2013
I am ecstatic that my niece attends Julia Morgan School for Girls, because she is surrounded by progressive, conscientious leaders and has space to grow with nurturing. As a writing teacher, I especially appreciate the creative assignments my niece tackles with great enthusiasm. I only wish all could afford the tuition. Here's to hoping JM can reach out to even more girls in its surrounding neighborhoods.

Julia Morgan School For Girls 4

Posted June 24, 2013
I loved this school. The girls coming out of this school truly are "confident, capable, creative & compassionate." The teachers all put a lot of effort into what they are teaching, and are very approachable; talking to teachers about a problem that you're having isn't a scary thing at this school, it's a part of the environment.

Posted June 21, 2013
My daughter went to Julia Morgan from 2008-2011, and she had a really excellent experience. The teachers are all really good, and the school has a warm, welcoming feel to it. They help the girls really learn to enjoy math and science, and develop them into confident and creative kids.

Julia Morgan School For Girls 3

Posted April 07, 2013
I loved how open the community is, and how free and independent my daughter became after attending JMSG. However, I did not think that the academics were up to average middle school standards, as I saw some of my daughters old friends from mostly public and some private schools excel more in academics during 6th through 8th grade.

Posted September 08, 2009
The Julia Morgan School for Girls is like no other...offering a once in a lifetime experience to East Bay girls. The faculty and staff are exceptional, the students are happy to learn, and the staff does a wonderful job of creating personal touches that are generally lost elsewhere.

Posted May 19, 2009
Our daughter graduated from JMSG in 2005, is now graduating from high school, and was accepted into the highly selective Honors College at University of Oregon. I can't express adequately what a spectacular experience JMSG was for her. She bloomed from a reserved bright girl into an independent, compassionate critical thinker. From the integrated curriculum to the energetic, inspiring faculty and staff... from the amazing field trips to the awesome campus in a Julia Morgan designed building on Mills College campus, this was the best investment we could make in our daughter.

Posted October 04, 2008
This is a great school for middle school girls. This school offers challenges, scholarships, a lunch program, an team building. A great place for girls to focus and learn!

Posted March 17, 2006
JMSG offers girls an intense supportive, empowering and stimulating middle school experience. The program is excellent and most of the teachers are exceptionally gifted at getting their students to develop intellectually and emotionally. Sometimes the school's aspirations exceed its capability, but JMSG will continue to hold itself to achieving its mission.

Posted March 16, 2006
Our daughter graduated from Julia Morgan a couple of years ago. We all look back with great fondness and appreciation. The school's teachers were very supportive, yet challenged our daughter. They were able to motivate her to strive with enthusiasm for learning that has helped her in a very rigorous high school program. The school also had a shared sense of mission for the girls that created a sense of a shared adventure, and blunted any competitiveness between the girls. We were also pleased with the extracurricular and sports programs, and found lots of involvement among parents. We would enthusiastically recommend Julia Morgan.

Julia Morgan School For Girls
5000 MacArthur Boulevard, Oakland, CA  94613
Last modified Julia Morgan School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades 6-8
Julia Morgan School For Girls Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.