Posted September 03, 2014
Lighthouse has been wonderful for our 10th grader. The staff is unlike any we have dealt with and our son is so excited to be apart of the environment. Tough to get in but well worth it. If you are a parent that does not like to be involved with your child's learning environment and teachers this may not be the place for you.

Lighthouse Community Charter High School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school is a joke. Same gimmicks as OUSD: parent involvement, nice facility,but academically and discipline, not good. Everybody is entitled here. Leaving next year to new charter middle in Fruitvale..

Posted April 24, 2010
This school is really good, the teachers is always encouraging us students to participate on core subjects. Even if they get angry they did that because they don't want us students to fail. For me i'm in middle school right now and when i was in kindergarten my grade was the worst but this school helped me and now my test is excellent. I one of the smart people in my class this is how much i improved in lighthouse community charter school. The teachers are good to they make sure we understand whats going on.

Lighthouse Community Charter High School 0

Posted July 25, 2009
I have been going to this school for two years and the extracurricular activites are really interesting they pay a big role in getting kids to do there homework and having fun at the same time.

Posted March 07, 2009
I have gone to this school ever since I was in the sixth grade and I would have to say it is the best. Now it would be even better because the school will be moving to a bigger facility by next fall(2009). I would recommend this school to anyone because this school will recieve you with a huge welcome.

Posted August 20, 2008
I am an instructor at the High School, and if there is such a thing as a public 'private' school, Lighthouse is thus. The students come to learn, enjoy their teachers and classes, and behave with the guiding principles that are the basis of the school. There is extensive assistance to the student who needs help, and many opportunities for expanding one's interests. We truly prepare students for college and beyond and our school community, and level of caring is the best in the area!

Posted June 03, 2008

Posted February 28, 2007
I am a mentor/tutor and I recently switched my student from an Oakland middle school. My student was spiralling down due to the environment and lack of support there. Since we transferred him to Lighthouse a few months ago he has done an amazing turn-around. He enjoys school, the environment is safe, structured and focused on academics and character building. I am thoroughly impressed with Lighthouse, from the staff to the overall setting and environment that they create in a business building downtown Oakland. The uniforms are not overdone but keep the children from comparing fashions and there is a familial atmosphere where they can feel safe. Also, speaking with staff is not difficult and crew leaders keep the children from slipping through the cracks. We want to transfer a few more of our children from our program to attend Lighthouse next year.

Lighthouse Community Charter High School
444 Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA  94621
Last modified Lighthouse Community Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lighthouse Community Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.