Posted June 08, 2013
Manzanita Seed is an amazing school with its Spanish emersion program half of the day. Its teachers are outstanding. They love the kids and many have higher degrees. Everything taught at Seed is designed to teach about life. The teachers write songs and poems, and use rhythm to teach facts. We have a kindergartener and a second grader and they both love their school and teachers. The afterschool program works with the teachers to support what is being taught in class.

Manzanita Seed 3

Posted June 04, 2012
I agree, Manzanita SEED is a great school. There is tremendous support by Ms. Carter, the principal, and her dedicated. Also, the Spanish immersion focus is stellar. However, I have to say that the school is lacking tremendously for children with special needs--they simply don't have the support from OUSD (Oakland Unified) to give to the students that aren't 'typically developing.'

Posted March 25, 2012
This is our daughter's first year in elementary school and we couldn't be happier with out choice! Our daughter has already learned so much and her Spanish language fluency has skyrocketed. I love the diversity and the many ways the school celebrates it. The teachers and the principal and all the staff is amazing!

Posted February 03, 2011
My son began at SEED as a kindergartner. He is now in 3rd grade. He loves school, and he is on his way to becoming truly bilingual. He especially enjoys the after school program drama, art, and sports classes.

Posted May 01, 2010
My son began at SEED in K and is now nearing the end of 2nd grade. It has been a wonderful fit for him. He is doing well academically and socially. He loves the After School Program with its professional artists who teach music, dance, theatre arts and visual arts. This great program is free. The quality of writing in both English and Spanish among all the 2nd graders is amazing. I feel this is due to the fact that they do so much hands-on science and then write about it. My son won't let us miss an after school cultural event. I highly recommend this school. The test scores went up significantly last year, and the reports the principal and our son's teachers send in newsletters indicate that they will go up again this year.

Posted February 25, 2010
Manzanita SEED is a gem, especially for parents looking for a dual immersion Spanish/English program, diversity and positive learning environment.

Posted February 24, 2010
I have to agree with the other two parents, Manzanita Seed is a great community school. Both of my kids attend SEED and when my youngest will enroll in the fall. Friends and family are always impress when they meet two Asian kids who knows how to conversation in Spainsh. I love it!

Manzanita Seed 4

Posted May 21, 2009
Our daughters school is full of wonderful things you wouldn't find anywhere else. First of all, its a dual immersion school so that means they teach Spanish! Half of the school day is entirely in Spanish, they learn math, science, and well, Spanish entirely in Spanish! The other half of the day is in English teaching English. Another thing I like is that they are an expdeditionary learning school, that means they create all their curriculum based on certain themes that last at least a couple of months. My K daughter knows everything there is know (reletively) about music (her first expedition) and ponds (2nd). They have two wonderful events each year to show some of what they have done. Lastly, its a small public school so most people (teachers, parents, and students) know each other. Its only been around four years and not many people know about it.

Manzanita Seed 0

Posted September 03, 2008

Manzanita Seed
2409 East 27th Street, Oakland, CA  94601
Last modified Manzanita Seed is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manzanita Seed Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.