K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 16, 2009
The school offers a lot, academically, socially and culturally. Prior to Candell School, my son attended a private school. The teachers said he did not want to learn and as a result was disruptive. However, what I learned after taking him out of that school and enrolling him at Candell's was that he was not academically challenged. He's been at the school for 2 years and he loves it. (He never wants to go home)....He loves the classwork, the teachers and his ability to play basketball. The teachers genuinely care about the well being of the students. My son is doing challenging work and not boxed into his 'grade level' work. I'll never forget Dr. Candell saying to me that its not that your son doesn't want to learn, its that the (previous) teachers did not know how to teach him. Candell College Prep Thank you.

Posted May 25, 2007
I want to say this is a great school. Small in size but great in learning. I attended this school in 2003, and I had a lot of problems. This school will keep you focused on things that are important. After being here I really felt a sense of comfort. It felt like I was a part of a family, and it was here I felt safest. Because of their ability to do that it really allowed me to learn. Here they taught me so many things I never forgot and made me the strong person I am today. I love my memories at this school, I hope you will really consider this school because it is second to none.

Posted August 05, 2006
My daughter has special needs; but with the one-on-one asistance, she manages a very high GPA. My son graduated at 10 years of age. He is in his second year of college! The school's teachers are nothing short of amazing!

Candell's College Preparatory School 4

Posted August 03, 2006
I like the small classroom size. My son received all 'F's' from the last public school he attended. Now that he get more attention because of the small class size and the after-school program. He is doing so much better. He actually enjoy school. He talks about and holds so much respect for his teacher. My son actually plans on attending college. He is outgoing and more confident. The school puts on plays, all of the children sings and the only sport offered is Basketball. Most of the parents are involved one way of another. The teachers are not shy asking for help either in the classrooms or around the school. Alot of parents are longtime peopel and would not have their child in anything else. I agree with them. I love the school. I wish their were more.

Candell's College Preparatory School
2544 73rd Avenue, Oakland, CA  94605
Last modified Candell's College Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades K-12