PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

We're in our third year at EBI and can't say enough good things about it. Last night my seven-year-old son sat next to me and said, "I just want to finish reading this book before I take a bath." It was a 66-page chapter book in Spanish, and he whizzed through it in a couple of hours. In addition to their immersion in Spanish, the kids have made some wonderful friends and love every one of their teachers. We've been so impressed by the level of education, the dedication of the staff, and the involvement of the parents. We can't recommend EBI enough.

Amount of homework: Agree

Both my first and second graders take one one homework packet a week. In it are a math worksheet, two pages of Spanish homework, and two pages of English homework. My first grader's packet also includes a reading log to record what she's read throughout the week. It's a small amount of homework, but enough to reinforce what they've learned that week. They also bring home a library book each week to read at home.

My preschool aged son is currently enrolled at EBI and we are completely satisfied with the school. His Spanish vocabulary has increased dramatically since starting at EBI. He feels welcomed by his teachers and enjoys his days at school. I appreciate the clean and safe facilities -- there is a convenient parking lot which makes drop off and pick up easy. His teachers and school administrators have very open and clear communication with parents. I highly recommend this school and look forward to my son continuing his education here.

We're two months into year one at EBI (for pre-k), and are so happy with our choice. Initially we were drawn to EBI for Spanish (which my son is picking up quickly!), but what I'm really thrilled about are the community feel and IB curriculum. It's hard to describe, but this is exactly the type of learning environment that I know will work for my son. The teachers and staff are loving and supportive, the units of inquiry are comprehensive yet age appropriate, and the transition has felt very natural.

EBI is a great school. My child has been there for the past four years and has gone from being hesitant in new situations to being a true risk-taker. She is at grade-level in both Spanish and English. I am especially impressed with the math program as my child LOVES math. Watching how they teach this subject, I find that the children get a deep understanding of the mathematical concepts, not just the mechanics. For example, when my daughter was learning subtraction, she learned how to do this with two one-digit numbers. However, when the teachers (or parents) have challenged her to do subtraction with two, three, or even four digits, she can abstract there. Furthermore, the teachers constantly challenge students to apply their knowledge outside of their comfort level in ways that are inquiry based. For example, in first grade, the teachers challenged the students to think about prime factorization of larger numbers by asking them a question such as if you have 15 cookies, how many equal groups can you split them into (3 groups of 5 or 5 groups of 3). This idea was so exciting that my child constantly asks for more questions like this at home. Our family looks forward to being at this school for many years and giving our child an international education.

I was drawn to EBI for Spanish immersion alone and also because we thought our bright, spirited, anxious kid needed a smaller environment than public school could offer. He has become such a confident boy and has received an incredible amount of nurturing and care at EBI. I think he would do well in public school now but we are staying (and putting his brother there as well) because I love the parent community. Academics are a priority for us and I feel like he is learning concepts in a much deeper way than I did as a child. He truly loves it, he is valued for his differences/quirks, and is thriving and learning. What more could a parent ask for? EBI mom

Amount of homework: no rating

Generally, there is a homework packet in English and another in Spanish. Students practice and extend what they are learning in the current Unit of Inquiry in the homework.

Develops character: no rating

These are qualities that EBI instills in its students through its teaching methods, its no-bully program, and the overall mission and values of the school.

We've been amazed and delighted to see how our second and pre-K boys have grown academically and personally. For non-Spanish speakers there's been something magical about hearing the boys' accents. Like many parents at the school, we became interested because of the Spanish, came partly for the IB program, and fell in love with the community.

I have a 5th grader at EBI, entering in to 6th grade next year. Many have written about EBI's warmth, culture, and community which are all from my experience very unique. My son has flourished in the reflective and thoughtful environment. But even more fundamental is that I am struck, weekly if not daily, at how amazing the International Baccalaureate program is from a learning perspective. The way he is learning, both language, arts and math/science, is so much deeper than I experienced as a child. The level of reasoning, confidence, presentation and problem solving skills, etc shown by his fellow fifth graders is truly impressive. Having been at EBI for many years, it feels like the "start up" days are largely over. We have had excellent teachers for multiple years in a row, and will be moving into the middle school program next year with outstanding, experienced teachers in place. Combined with the incredible culture of families and values, great leadership/support/communication from the head of school, and the tri-lingual instruction its just better than I ever imagined for my child. (Wish I could go back in time and go through the program myself!)

Last modified Escuela Bilingüe Internacional is a Private school that serves grades PK-7