Bad
Good

Posted December 31, 2015
I was a student at Envision Academy, and all I can say is that it's the best choice I've made! Great opportunities as a student, amazing new challenges, incredible teachers/staff, and of course, very smart and amazing classmates. I can really recommend this school to any parent who's seeking for the best education to their children. It's a very pushing school. The teachers help in every way they can; they will stand by you on your hard and easy days. I'm already in college, but one thing I can assure is that this school gave me the best high school days of my life. As I can say, so many fun, enjoyable and memorable moments. Thank you for being part of my life, Envision!

Posted September 06, 2015
My two boys attend this school and they love it so much! The projects they are doing are amazingly creative and integrative of all subjects. They are fully engaged in learning because of this school. The teachers are amazing, and I cannot say enough great things about this school. It's amazing!

Posted April 05, 2015
I'm not liking the school so much, the school makes me feel like a failure because some how the other students understand the subjects and I don't. The benchmark stuff really makes me feel that I'm nothing and I feel like moving but I have no where to go so I suffer at school teying to get my benchmark stuff done but, I dont understand the material that they want me to explain in the defense and I try to ask my friends and they say " well, I just do it". This school has me having mental break downs because I can't do the work.

Envision Academy For Arts & Technology 4

Posted October 22, 2013
I really like Envision. It's a small school, so I feel like my son won't get lost in the crowd. The project-based learning keeps him engaged. I've noticed him develop leadership skills working on group projects. All ninth grade students take media literacy and they learn to make slide decks for presentations. Envision also fosters a real sense of community and family in the students.

Posted October 19, 2013
Envision Academy is a public charter school - free to families - that focuses on mastery. Students are fully supported to master the lessons learned, and then demonstrate their knowledge through public presentations, and proficient work samples. Students receive individualized attention, and are challenged to excel in a nurturing, and rigorous environment that is highly charged and focused. Teachers, likewise, are encouraged to be life-long learners themselves, and receive weekly professional development work sessions. The staff members are passionate, extremely hardworking, and responsive to families, and take into consideration the circumstances of each family in all communication. Our family is so grateful to have our son educated at Envision Academy. This is our fourth year at the school. The school can improve by moving to a larger site so that more kids can attend, and benefit from this kind of educational model.

Envision Academy For Arts & Technology 4

Posted October 18, 2013
This has been the best choice for my son. He has been able to find and express his creative side. He has really thrived at Envision. There is no idol time, the kids are always preparing for college!

Posted August 30, 2013
DThis isn't the best school in the world is all I can say because I don't want to be mean. This school can be improved by a lot of things, like the privilage for 9th and 10 grade to go out of the school at lunch time because the school lunch is only 30 minutes and the school is small so it gets very crowded. Another thing that can be improved in this school is the bathrooms, there's only 3 stalls that can be used in the two bathrooms that they have because they're either broken or don't have locks on them.I haven't heard about anything being done yet. The school may look big on the but they only have 3 floors and the other 2 are for college students that can go into classes with your kid. In this school your kid will be miserable and they will hate this school so if you don't want to be miserable please don't come here this school is very dirty too rats and all just wanted to add that and also you get detention every time you're late 20 minutes at lunch.

Envision Academy For Arts & Technology 3

Posted June 06, 2013
My son is graduating from Envision Academy. The experience was great initially, but there were many changes in faculty and policies. A substitute teacher remained for the entire year and left most of her teaching to her aide. I tried to arrange a meeting with one of my son's teachers to discuss some issues and she refused. In fact, the school principle indicated it would be a waste of the teacher's time. They stopped accepting parent notes for illness as an excused absence, but will send your student home if he, or she is sick. Even if the school sent the student home, you will receive an automated call that your student was absent. Then they expect your student to serve detention for this. Also, there is nothing but metered parking that lasts only up to an hour in the vicinity, so if your child has a presentation, or something that lasts longer than an hour you are almost guaranteed to get a ticket unless you rudely take off in the middle of everything to go feed the meter. Some very dedicated staff and teachers who are clearly invested in the future of our children. They are so wonderful they make up for many of the bad points.

Posted November 08, 2012
This school has changed within the years but I the teachers have been rude and disrespectful and leaving each quarter when grades come out also the staff team are not supportive. Many students will fight and staff won't do nothing at all I don't like this school it puts my safety at risk every day!

Posted March 13, 2010
Being a student at Envision Academy for three years and being part of its first graduating Senior class, I feel that I must say that Envision Academy is one of the best schools in Oakland. I've attended two other high schools before Envision Academy and can honestly say that this school is very special. The environment at this school is very friendly, students at this school are very friendly with each other and it really feels like a close community. Not only are the students friendly, but the teachers and administrators are as well. There really isn't a time when you can't communicate with any of the teachers and ask them a question about your homework or just say hi, including holiday breaks and summer break. I have felt very comfortable at this school and that is part of the reason I have stayed at this school for so long.

Envision Academy For Arts & Technology
1515 Webster Street, Oakland, CA  94612-3355
Last modified Envision Academy For Arts & Technology is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.