Posted April 04, 2014
A swarm of middle-school students with two adults, some wearing this school's logo shirts, poured onto the subway at going-home time. A senior citizen with a broken leg, I was out on public transit alone for the first time since my accident on doctor's orders to keep the big booted leg elevated, so I was alarmed at first. But in the hot, lurching, crowded train car the kids managed to avoid bumping me by hanging on to each other and the few bars and straps available. They were even considerate of each other on their way back from a strenuous field trip to the San Francisco aquarium (I saw their paper souvenir crowns): when one girl started to feel faint, they made room for her to sit by me right away. No cell phones, no ipods, no wardrobe malfunctions, no loud teasing or bad language. As ambassadors of their school in the community at large, these students made such a great impression that when I got home I went on the internet to find our more about where I want to send my grandchildren.

Elmhurst Community Prep School 0

Posted October 31, 2009
elmhurst is great no violence all learning,,there's always a teacher for you to talk to if there any kind of problem

Elmhurst Community Prep School 1

Posted August 16, 2009

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted October 18, 2008
this school is the best school in the world evey parent that lives in oakland should send there child that has to go to 6th -8th grade!: D

Posted August 18, 2008
I was the first graduating class of Elhurst community prep and i must admit that it is one of the best middle schools i had ever attended..all the way from the kool and concerned teachers to the friendly and hip students....i would reccommend this school to any student who is ready to accept challenges and be prepared for high school.

Posted June 27, 2008
ECP works with fabulous kids and families. Our students are very successful, have greatly increased their performance on state testing and are challenged by academically rigorous material and classes. I love ECP.

Posted June 07, 2008
I love Elmhurst Commuinity Prep. Their test scores are very high and they have a very good staff. I really got close to the teachers. I will miss everybody and i willl come back and visit. Class of 08' shardajah slaton

Elmhurst Community Prep School
1800 98th Avenue, Oakland, CA  94603
Last modified Elmhurst Community Prep School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elmhurst Community Prep School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top