Public charter
Oakland, CA

Posted March 20, 2015
As a substitute teacher, this school is a pleasure to work at. The students are respectful and studious, with tons less behavior problems than many other schools, including richy private schools. One thing I observe here is a simple, clear behavior protocol that help kids make choices to succeed rather than act out and be bratty. This school does not confuse kids with permissiveness or coddling which I see so often elsewhere. After all, discipline is love and anything else is probably laziness. These kids know what's up and they self-correct in an amazing way. This creates a vibrant learning and teaching environment with room for a lot of joy in learning. Great job, staff,for helping students prepare for the real world and brilliant futures. (-:

Posted January 15, 2015
I let my kid go to this school because I heard lots of good feedback. But not at I thought as good as the feedback I heard. The school doesn t take any action even though couple of parents file complaint. We submitted two times complaint letter since last year October 2014 until now. We all went to see principal on Wednesday 01/13/2015 to talk to him about the issue. I hope he will take action because the school starting over 4 months but the issue still stay the same.

Posted January 08, 2015
it is a great school to learn in but does not have any sports so u can focus on school more

Posted December 06, 2014
This school provides a incredible education and allows my children to graduate from college and enter a university i recommend this school

Posted September 16, 2014
I regret sending my son here. The staff is disgusting, the building is a office building! I thought it was a good school because of API scores but worst mistake for my child. He is doing so much better in the public school system. First thing I did was take him out of that prison. The principal tried to talk me out of taking my child out of her useless school. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thanks a lot Mr. She.

Posted April 23, 2014
American Indian is not for the faint of heart, complainers nor for those with a "handout" mentality. Enrollment requires that you push your mind the old fashioned way (like Motzart, Einstein and Martin Luther King). Computers are NOT requirerd to reach academic excellence, neither is free lunch! However, what is required is that one studies, develop excellent study skills and a willingness to push beyond taking the easy route. My son attends because my husband and I recognize quality. While our son sits in class we are fully confident that the focus is on academics (not on shoes/clothing, sports or idol gossip). When the school day ends, he attends karate, swimming and other sports). He has a life after school. He plays basketball and skateboards. Academics always first, all the fluff will always be last. American Indian has cut out all of the fluff that distracts its students from academic excellence. I think one day, those who have maligned American Indian will one recognize that it gave students the academic opportunity of a lifetime that is hard to match.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 08, 2013
The website's FAQ says that they don't spend school funds on things such as school lunches or technology so that those funds could be used on textbooks and teachers. However, the textbooks used here are a decade old and teachers make a meager sum. If you want your kid to crumble as soon they leave this place, send him here. The kids aren't taught to be good students. They're taught to conform to the pressure just to pass. As a former student, my years at AIPCS did more harm than good.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 21, 2013
I recently visit this school . I can see this school all the students and teacher is very polite and the school is very clean . I like this school .

Posted March 11, 2013
VERY interesting updated website, including the FAQ's. The part about the free lunches was comical. It stated something about overweight children, and yet the rule at the school is, if you forget your lunch tough luck; a parent cannot drop it off. So in turn, let the kid starve after snacking off their friends lunch! Another interesting concept about no art, music etc. Since today's college's so impacted, colleges will be looking into extracurricular activities and if they participated in arts, debate, sports, and/or school clubs. Getting into colleges at the present time is NOT just about scores. One last thing: how many teachers still don't have their credentials!!?? Do a teacher look up on the CTC website!

Posted February 26, 2013
American Indian Public Charter schools are extremely benefecial for any child. They prepare children mentaly, physically, and emotionally for any challenges that your children may face. Personally I've had a wonderful experience there. The teachers are prepared to help your child, which is often hard to find in other school. The academic curriculum is rigurous, making students aspire to a standard that is higher than they ever thought they could achieve. These schools build character and study habits that will benefit your child. American Indian Schools are the best in the country.

American Indian Public Charter School Ii
171 12th Street, Oakland, CA  94607
Last modified American Indian Public Charter School Ii is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
American Indian Public Charter School Ii Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top