Public charter
Oakland, CA

Posted December 06, 2014
This school provides a incredible education and allows my children to graduate from college and enter a university i recommend this school

Posted September 16, 2014
I regret sending my son here. The staff is disgusting, the building is a office building! I thought it was a good school because of API scores but worst mistake for my child. He is doing so much better in the public school system. First thing I did was take him out of that prison. The principal tried to talk me out of taking my child out of her useless school. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thanks a lot Mr. She.

Posted April 23, 2014
American Indian is not for the faint of heart, complainers nor for those with a "handout" mentality. Enrollment requires that you push your mind the old fashioned way (like Motzart, Einstein and Martin Luther King). Computers are NOT requirerd to reach academic excellence, neither is free lunch! However, what is required is that one studies, develop excellent study skills and a willingness to push beyond taking the easy route. My son attends because my husband and I recognize quality. While our son sits in class we are fully confident that the focus is on academics (not on shoes/clothing, sports or idol gossip). When the school day ends, he attends karate, swimming and other sports). He has a life after school. He plays basketball and skateboards. Academics always first, all the fluff will always be last. American Indian has cut out all of the fluff that distracts its students from academic excellence. I think one day, those who have maligned American Indian will one recognize that it gave students the academic opportunity of a lifetime that is hard to match.

Posted December 08, 2013
The website's FAQ says that they don't spend school funds on things such as school lunches or technology so that those funds could be used on textbooks and teachers. However, the textbooks used here are a decade old and teachers make a meager sum. If you want your kid to crumble as soon they leave this place, send him here. The kids aren't taught to be good students. They're taught to conform to the pressure just to pass. As a former student, my years at AIPCS did more harm than good.

Posted May 21, 2013
I recently visit this school . I can see this school all the students and teacher is very polite and the school is very clean . I like this school .

Posted March 11, 2013
VERY interesting updated website, including the FAQ's. The part about the free lunches was comical. It stated something about overweight children, and yet the rule at the school is, if you forget your lunch tough luck; a parent cannot drop it off. So in turn, let the kid starve after snacking off their friends lunch! Another interesting concept about no art, music etc. Since today's college's so impacted, colleges will be looking into extracurricular activities and if they participated in arts, debate, sports, and/or school clubs. Getting into colleges at the present time is NOT just about scores. One last thing: how many teachers still don't have their credentials!!?? Do a teacher look up on the CTC website!

Posted February 26, 2013
American Indian Public Charter schools are extremely benefecial for any child. They prepare children mentaly, physically, and emotionally for any challenges that your children may face. Personally I've had a wonderful experience there. The teachers are prepared to help your child, which is often hard to find in other school. The academic curriculum is rigurous, making students aspire to a standard that is higher than they ever thought they could achieve. These schools build character and study habits that will benefit your child. American Indian Schools are the best in the country.

Posted October 05, 2012
I'm a current eight grader at this school, and I love it. The improvement I've been through is incredible. At this school, it does take a while getting used to the strict curriculum, but you'll get used to it. A group of students get placed into the same class with the same teacher for three years. On one side, that really seems like a terrible choice. However, look at the bonds formed by the teacher and students. I've been with the same classmates for years, and I know them really well and feel totally comfortable asking them for help. They also teach you about jobs, the market, how to be productive, and when to seize opportunity and be competitive. To be honest, I was a shy, selfish, and inconsiderate person when I first came to the school. Two years later, I've become more mature and outgoing. I remember in elementary school, I got mediocre scores in the STAR test- only proficient. Now, I get 600 points in math and 505 in language arts. The school looks extremely strict on the outside, but the school really shapes you into a good, hardworking kid. I'll be tough at first, but it's totally worth it on the long run. I totally recommend it 100%.

Posted September 28, 2012
American Indian is a very strict school. Im a 7th grader at this school & my teacher always seem to make me feel umcomfortable in class every single day. He seems to like embarrassing kids in front of others. i think that this isnt right. One day when he asked the whole class if they liked the school or not. we had to honest honestly those who like the school raise their hand & those who dont keep their hands down. While only about 3 people raised their hands,the teachers saw me who didnt raised my hand & start yelling at me telling me," We dont want you here! Transfer out!" this comment made a majority of the class raised their hands even though they wholeheartly dont like the school. What i think of this is that the teachers are messed up they blame us for something we dont do,they go by favorites and worst of all they make fun of us & embarrass us! Like this one time when he was making fun of this boy & he pulled me into it by sayin that that boy use to like me in 6th grade! I felt like a laughstock of the whole class! Why are they hiring messed up teachers! Iv had enough of this school! Im always waiting for it to close down one day and maybe this wish will come true this year.

Posted April 19, 2012
My kids are attending AIPCS II. They were attending elementary private school before they attended AIPCS II. I always thought my kids are very well prepared and I wouldn't have any doubt they would have any problems if they attend this school. Very unfortunate that I was wrong. I was shocked when the teacher told me my kids are academically behind. I couldn't believe it until months later. My kids told me the same bad story. They always thanks me to send them to AIPCS II. They always said they learned so much from this school compared with their old private school. The teachers are very supporting. I am so glad I made the right decision to send them to AIPCS II.

American Indian Public Charter School Ii
171 12th Street, Oakland, CA  94607
Last modified American Indian Public Charter School Ii is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
American Indian Public Charter School Ii Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top