Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

It is laughable how unqualified the teaching staff is at this school. Only a handful of them have teaching or administrative credentials. The only reason the test scores are high is that they teach the tests and cherry pick their students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It was written into their charter to give the students a minimum of 2 hours of homework each night. That coupled with mandatory "tutoring" after school doesn't leave much time to be a kid. That's a 10 hour day EVERY DAY.

As a substitute teacher, this school is a pleasure to work at. The students are respectful and studious, with tons less behavior problems than many other schools, including richy private schools. One thing I observe here is a simple, clear behavior protocol that help kids make choices to succeed rather than act out and be bratty. This school does not confuse kids with permissiveness or coddling which I see so often elsewhere. After all, discipline is love and anything else is probably laziness. These kids know what's up and they self-correct in an amazing way. This creates a vibrant learning and teaching environment with room for a lot of joy in learning. Great job, staff,for helping students prepare for the real world and brilliant futures. (-:

I let my kid go to this school because I heard lots of good feedback. But not at I thought as good as the feedback I heard. The school doesn t take any action even though couple of parents file complaint. We submitted two times complaint letter since last year October 2014 until now. We all went to see principal on Wednesday 01/13/2015 to talk to him about the issue. I hope he will take action because the school starting over 4 months but the issue still stay the same.

it is a great school to learn in but does not have any sports so u can focus on school more

This school provides a incredible education and allows my children to graduate from college and enter a university i recommend this school

I regret sending my son here. The staff is disgusting, the building is a office building! I thought it was a good school because of API scores but worst mistake for my child. He is doing so much better in the public school system. First thing I did was take him out of that prison. The principal tried to talk me out of taking my child out of her useless school. That's an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thanks a lot Mr. She.

American Indian is not for the faint of heart, complainers nor for those with a "handout" mentality. Enrollment requires that you push your mind the old fashioned way (like Motzart, Einstein and Martin Luther King). Computers are NOT requirerd to reach academic excellence, neither is free lunch! However, what is required is that one studies, develop excellent study skills and a willingness to push beyond taking the easy route. My son attends because my husband and I recognize quality. While our son sits in class we are fully confident that the focus is on academics (not on shoes/clothing, sports or idol gossip). When the school day ends, he attends karate, swimming and other sports). He has a life after school. He plays basketball and skateboards. Academics always first, all the fluff will always be last. American Indian has cut out all of the fluff that distracts its students from academic excellence. I think one day, those who have maligned American Indian will one recognize that it gave students the academic opportunity of a lifetime that is hard to match.

The website's FAQ says that they don't spend school funds on things such as school lunches or technology so that those funds could be used on textbooks and teachers. However, the textbooks used here are a decade old and teachers make a meager sum. If you want your kid to crumble as soon they leave this place, send him here. The kids aren't taught to be good students. They're taught to conform to the pressure just to pass. As a former student, my years at AIPCS did more harm than good.

I recently visit this school . I can see this school all the students and teacher is very polite and the school is very clean . I like this school .

Last modified American Indian Public Charter School Ii is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.