Oakland, CA

Posted September 18, 2014
I am currently a Prospective Teacher at OIHS. I was an English learner when I moved to the States about 7 years ago, but it was different than OIHS. I enjoy teaching constructively and learning collectively. At here, teaching is not just about teaching your subject; it is also about improving literacy skills while learning in different subjects. Teachers and supporting stuff members are working very close together, creating interdisciplinary learning/working atmosphere. To some degree, this small urban school reflects the best version of my ideal working environment

Posted May 16, 2013
I volunteer at this school and it is a great school for the students it serves. The curriculum is designed for students who are recent immigrants (I believe there is a requirement for enrollment based on how recently the student immigrated). They really do a good job focusing the proper attention and resources on supporting this unique population.

Posted July 02, 2010
I'm currently attending OIHS and it is extra-ordinary place for me. I learn what other students in Oakland learns more then 5% in their lifetime. It means the school gives the knowledge and experience that other schools don't have. The school is not only for classes, education about science-math-etc..but this school gives you what you don't have. It is really a best school for your child and for Oakland Students to learn about their life and the world.

Oakland International High School
4521 Webster Street, Oakland, CA  94609
Last modified Oakland International High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland International High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top