Posted August 12, 2011
I am a teacher at this gem of a school nestled atop Edwards Avenue. I love my job, I love my Principal and I love our children! This is a small school where we know the names of all our children. They are loved and valued and given the academic rigor they are entitled to. We work hard , have a great academic program and our After-School Program from Ujima Foundation is the icing on the cake. We are developing a strong writing program at our school. Science, technology and mathematics are highly valued and taught with rigor, and we focus on developing strong leadership skills and confidence in our children. Drop by, come in and look around.

Posted August 18, 2009
I love the teachers, and the dedication that is so apparent the minute you walk into the school. Ms. Geathers is a supportive leader and her caring ways come through. My children have done exceptionally well and those who have left Burckhalter were prepared for middle school and continue to do so well due to the preparation and learning that goes on at Burckhalter. Kudos.

Posted May 17, 2004
Burckhalter Elementary School is the best school in Oakland. Because of its size the children are able to get that one on one attention that is critical in learning. I think the social values of this far exceed the values of any other elementary school in Oakland. I am proud and thankful that my son's first school experiences will be with a school that honors values and hard work. The staff is excellent and children are far better behaved than you would find at other elementary schools in the area. I feel safe and secure everyday knowing that the school tries to watch out for each child. Every afternoon you will find Ms. Lee, the school principal guiding the children across the streets after school. I am so thankful to have a school that does care about its students. I have never had such a positive experience dealing with Oakland schools.

Burckhalter Elementary School
3994 Burckhalter Avenue, Oakland, CA  94605
Last modified Burckhalter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burckhalter Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews.