Bad
Good

I am a teacher at this gem of a school nestled atop Edwards Avenue. I love my job, I love my Principal and I love our children! This is a small school where we know the names of all our children. They are loved and valued and given the academic rigor they are entitled to. We work hard , have a great academic program and our After-School Program from Ujima Foundation is the icing on the cake. We are developing a strong writing program at our school. Science, technology and mathematics are highly valued and taught with rigor, and we focus on developing strong leadership skills and confidence in our children. Drop by, come in and look around.

I love the teachers, and the dedication that is so apparent the minute you walk into the school. Ms. Geathers is a supportive leader and her caring ways come through. My children have done exceptionally well and those who have left Burckhalter were prepared for middle school and continue to do so well due to the preparation and learning that goes on at Burckhalter. Kudos.

Last modified Burckhalter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.