Posted November 01, 2013
Chabot offers a postitive, kid-centered environment for learning. Our children have had needs distinct from one another, so we've observed different approaches to offering kids ways to engage in academic subject matter, challenges, and participation in a community. I couldn't have designed a better environment for our kids.

Posted October 28, 2013
Anthony Chabot Elementary is a great place for children to grow and learn. The teachers and the administration are engaged, caring, and creative. I am amazed at the amount of effort and time everyone puts in to make this a memorable and fulfilling experience for our children.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school is beyond words. The staff are engaged and engaging with the students. My son loves it there. In his previous school, he would just sorta hang out with his friends, but he didn't really enjoy learning. At Chabot, he has really started enjoying learning to read and write and do math. And once that enthusiasm has been kindled, he's becoming a regular lil learning monster. I LOVE IT! The principal is also very involved. You'll see him walking around in the mornings, talking to parents or students, looking over the road crossing brigade, checking out the kids playing on the play structure. He is very in touch with what's going on "on the ground" and does not just hide in his office. Overall, Chabot Elementary has done wonders for my son, and there's no other school I'd rather put my boy in!

Posted October 25, 2013
Best school! Friendly, responsible, caring principle, staff and community! 2 kids attending, 1 in future.

Posted September 26, 2013
Chabot Elementary is a very academically sound school, that places equal emphasis on extracurricular activities for enrichment. The schools PTA is very strong group, and the school community reflects that. John Mayer is an exceptional principal who is very personable with parents and students alike. We entered the Chabot Family late, however we were welcomed into the fold. My son graduated from Chabot last spring and he was totally prepared for middle school.

Posted August 05, 2013
My son will be entering the 4th grade this coming school year and has been here just since last year. He feels comfortable and confident for the first time at school. The teachers are top-rate, the principal is a great leader and the school community is progressive and well organized.

Posted June 03, 2013
My daughter has been attending since kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. Every teacher has been excellent. The principal sets the pace with tremendous energy (when was the last time you saw a principal doing PE, calisthenics, band with the students...regularly?!). He really does seem to know every kid and their parents on a first name basis. 500+ kids, and he manages it all. Teachers are first rate, well educated themselves, and very concerned about the kids. PTA, parent involvement, diversity, and anti-bullying translates to the kids knowing they are indeed special. It's amazing no one has updated Chabot's profile recently.

Posted April 21, 2010
They have worked hard to be an inclusive community with lots of parent involvement. They are just completing a large new building to accommodate more children and services. I think they could use the money for equipment for the new building.

Posted April 21, 2010
It has a great community and the PTA is like family. We are grateful to have this because our voices are always heard.

Posted October 28, 2009
A very involved PTA has restored programs not funded by the State. We have a brand new auditorium large library and a new K-2 classroom about to open. There is a sting diversity of students and a visionary principal.

Chabot Elementary School
6686 Chabot Road, Oakland, CA  94618
Last modified Chabot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chabot Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 83 reviews.