Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As one reviewer expressed, grades K-2 are amazing for students. My child is now in the 3rd grade and my feelings and views have dramatically changed. The principle is neither engaging socially with students or parents. This is based on my observation as well as feedback from other parents. Academically my child is being challenged and thriving. What concerns me is the lack involvement from the principle when it comes to physical and dangerous situations involving students at Chabot. I have been in conversations with parents and they've expressed frustration with the schools lack of action when it comes to certain students being physically aggressive with others. Situations like this create an unsafe environment for students. This school lacks diversity and empathy for students of color.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My kids where picked on. There is no fairness at chabot ,or integrity. It's been going down hill slowly.

It's great for k to 2 grade, but when you get into the higher grades some of the kids get left behind in there academics. Also no accountability for bad behavior in the school. I have three kids that have went to the school. My son was constantly picked on at the school, my daughter's have been hit numerous times. I'm glad my fifth grader will be out soon. We have been going to chabot for over ten years, and the feeling of community they use to have is gone!

Chabot offers a postitive, kid-centered environment for learning. Our children have had needs distinct from one another, so we've observed different approaches to offering kids ways to engage in academic subject matter, challenges, and participation in a community. I couldn't have designed a better environment for our kids.

Anthony Chabot Elementary is a great place for children to grow and learn. The teachers and the administration are engaged, caring, and creative. I am amazed at the amount of effort and time everyone puts in to make this a memorable and fulfilling experience for our children.

This school is beyond words. The staff are engaged and engaging with the students. My son loves it there. In his previous school, he would just sorta hang out with his friends, but he didn't really enjoy learning. At Chabot, he has really started enjoying learning to read and write and do math. And once that enthusiasm has been kindled, he's becoming a regular lil learning monster. I LOVE IT! The principal is also very involved. You'll see him walking around in the mornings, talking to parents or students, looking over the road crossing brigade, checking out the kids playing on the play structure. He is very in touch with what's going on "on the ground" and does not just hide in his office. Overall, Chabot Elementary has done wonders for my son, and there's no other school I'd rather put my boy in!

Best school! Friendly, responsible, caring principle, staff and community! 2 kids attending, 1 in future.

Chabot Elementary is a very academically sound school, that places equal emphasis on extracurricular activities for enrichment. The schools PTA is very strong group, and the school community reflects that. John Mayer is an exceptional principal who is very personable with parents and students alike. We entered the Chabot Family late, however we were welcomed into the fold. My son graduated from Chabot last spring and he was totally prepared for middle school.

My son will be entering the 4th grade this coming school year and has been here just since last year. He feels comfortable and confident for the first time at school. The teachers are top-rate, the principal is a great leader and the school community is progressive and well organized.

My daughter has been attending since kindergarten and is now in 4th grade. Every teacher has been excellent. The principal sets the pace with tremendous energy (when was the last time you saw a principal doing PE, calisthenics, band with the students...regularly?!). He really does seem to know every kid and their parents on a first name basis. 500+ kids, and he manages it all. Teachers are first rate, well educated themselves, and very concerned about the kids. PTA, parent involvement, diversity, and anti-bullying translates to the kids knowing they are indeed special. It's amazing no one has updated Chabot's profile recently.

Last modified Chabot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.