Oakland, CA
After care: No

Posted June 09, 2015
I went to Crocker Highland in the late 80's. I have to say it was a wonderful school.

Posted November 23, 2014
I have nothing but positive feedback for this wonderful gem in our Oakland Hills! My son is a new fifth grader, after transfering from another elementary school.The transition wasn't smooth intially, but the Principal Joci Kelleher and both my son's teachers fully embraced my son to help him adjust to a new school and making new friends. The school staff, and parents I have met have been wonderful and inviting. And in regards to academics, this school exceeds my expectations. The teachers maintain the attention of the students with fun and interesting lessons and there is an unspoken respect the children have for their teachers. Also, if there are any social/emotional issues with the children , they are addressed promptly, in a warm trusting environment, by the staff. Crocker Highlands also has a wonderful music program. I highly recommend Crocker Highland !!

Crocker Highlands Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2014
At this school kids are not motivated to learn. I went here and I did not like how everyone was rude to teachers and their fellow students. When there is a problem no one will actually help you solve it which results in drama.

Posted February 28, 2014
I have two children at Crocker and this is our family's fifth year at the school. Our new principal, Joci has been outstanding. She is such a calm and peaceful presence and has brought a wonderful energy to the school. I look forward to the four years we have left here. The future is bright!

Posted July 22, 2013
I have been teaching at Crocker for 18 years...and I still LOVE my job! The kids come in ready and eager to learn, and the parents are always willing to help in the classroom and with fund raising. Most parents are very kind and supportive of the teachers, so it is a great place to work. I particularly like my grade level team. We collaborate a lot, and I think our students really benefit from this.

Posted November 06, 2012
I graduated from Crocker Highlands last year. I loved Crocker and got a more then fantastic education there. I recommend Crocker Highlands to every child and want to give a special shout out to both my 5th grade teachers who were absolutely outstanding and taught me so much school related topics and much more. Thank you Crocker Highlands I will never go to another school like you, I will never forget Crocker! :D

Crocker Highlands Elementary School 3

Posted July 29, 2012
I have had children at Crocker for 6 years now and will be there until my 2nd child graduates. The last few years I walk away thinking...."why do we all think this school is so great?" The principal is fabulous! The parents and community are unbelievable. But I want more from a school. While we've had a few GREAT teachers, I would say we've had more teacher that are not inspiring, yell FAR to much, and do not seem to have a love for teaching. Perhaps if I didn't continue to hear what an amazing school this is, my expectations wouldn't be so high. I hope in time the principal can make the changes necessary to make this a truly great neighborhood school!

Posted March 18, 2012
Crocker Highlands is a wonderful school. Our daughter is in Kindergarten and she loves her teacher and loves going to school! The community at the school is nurturing and supportive. The principal is also wonderful and has instilled a great sense of cohesiveness, positivity, and excitement for learning! And we can walk to school (when we are not running late...)! The buddy program helps connect older kids with younger kids, and teaches children to be thoughtful and to care for each other. What a great place!

Posted January 23, 2011
I am a student at Crocker Highlands and really like it . I came in third grade and was welcomed in to the community. That year I had a great teacher. I am now in fifth grade and encourage your child to go to Crocker Highlands

Crocker Highlands Elementary School

Posted October 10, 2010
Very active parent community which strives to promote an excellent learning environment and to become inclusive of all learners and families. The staff are all dedicated to not only help students meet state learning standards but to enrich the students with a variety of novel and first-rate activities from hands-on science and math to in-depth exploration of the arts to innovative and thoughtful physical education and now a new edible, teaching garden. Crocker has also adopted the Caring Communities social standard and is one of a few public schools in Oakland with a full inclusion program for students with special needs. Go Cougars!

Crocker Highlands Elementary School
525 Midcrest Road, Oakland, CA  94610
Last modified Crocker Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crocker Highlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top