Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 08, 2015
A parent volunteer made me smile every day at lunch! Most of the parent volunteers did not like me but this mom did! She made me feel included

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 08, 2015
Teachers give barely any homework! I transferred to another school and I was unpleasantly shocked by how much homework there was because my 5th grade teacher did not give any homework. The teachers in the upper grades think they are doing you a favor by not giving you homework, but graduates are unprepared for middle school homework.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted November 08, 2015
The school has an unsafe environment and kids are called insults like "gay" or "stupid". There is drama among the children.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted November 08, 2015
Well, teachers do nothing to promote or obstruct it, but the students do not value these qualities because they are "not cool".

Crocker Highlands Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2015
At this school kids are not motivated to learn. I went here and I did not like how everyone was rude to teachers and their fellow students. When there is a problem no one will actually help you solve it which results in drama. Teachers are also too opinionated and they do not let children develop voices of their own. I hope that prospective parents think of different schools for their kids.

Posted June 09, 2015
I went to Crocker Highland in the late 80's. I have to say it was a wonderful school.

Posted November 23, 2014
I have nothing but positive feedback for this wonderful gem in our Oakland Hills! My son is a new fifth grader, after transfering from another elementary school.The transition wasn't smooth intially, but the Principal Joci Kelleher and both my son's teachers fully embraced my son to help him adjust to a new school and making new friends. The school staff, and parents I have met have been wonderful and inviting. And in regards to academics, this school exceeds my expectations. The teachers maintain the attention of the students with fun and interesting lessons and there is an unspoken respect the children have for their teachers. Also, if there are any social/emotional issues with the children , they are addressed promptly, in a warm trusting environment, by the staff. Crocker Highlands also has a wonderful music program. I highly recommend Crocker Highland !!

Posted February 28, 2014
I have two children at Crocker and this is our family's fifth year at the school. Our new principal, Joci has been outstanding. She is such a calm and peaceful presence and has brought a wonderful energy to the school. I look forward to the four years we have left here. The future is bright!

Posted July 22, 2013
I have been teaching at Crocker for 18 years...and I still LOVE my job! The kids come in ready and eager to learn, and the parents are always willing to help in the classroom and with fund raising. Most parents are very kind and supportive of the teachers, so it is a great place to work. I particularly like my grade level team. We collaborate a lot, and I think our students really benefit from this.

Posted November 06, 2012
I graduated from Crocker Highlands last year. I loved Crocker and got a more then fantastic education there. I recommend Crocker Highlands to every child and want to give a special shout out to both my 5th grade teachers who were absolutely outstanding and taught me so much school related topics and much more. Thank you Crocker Highlands I will never go to another school like you, I will never forget Crocker! :D

525 Midcrest Road, Oakland, CA  94610-1813
Last modified Crocker Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crocker Highlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top