Frick Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Frick Middle School was once the school that every Parent wanted their child to be at, Since Mr. Criddle has left the school it has really went down, down, down. That's really sad, because I feel that the students of today are not learning anything, most of them are in school only half day and some cannot come to the school at all only for testing. Mr. Criddle once had his staff on point as well as the students and the parents, it was a family school now it just feels like a building with people in it, I think that the school district such model Frick after Mr. Criddle, meet with him to find out what worked for the students, parents, staff and administration of the school so that the children can return to receiving a better education.

Posted September 27, 2013
Frick had the teacher of the year! She worked hard every student keeping the binders neat. Working with shyness making people talk a lot in debates

Posted December 11, 2009
i love this school it was fun yet educatioal. i learned alot at this is a school. i will most definetly come back to

Posted July 26, 2009
I love this school it was funny yet educational this is a school I wanna go back too

Posted May 21, 2009
these must be old rating for this school it is nothing like it use to be under Mr. Calvin Criddle, the new principal does not like to meet with parents and there is very little parent involement in this school. The teacher's have changed over the years with new teachers coming in every year they do not stay long. I would rate Frick Middle school at a 2 1/2 star at this point.

Posted January 19, 2009
I taught science at Frick for 3 years, and I can't say enough about the teachers, parents, and Leadership at the school. I love this school! A+ -Joshua de Wolf

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted January 12, 2007
My son attended Frick three years ago and that's how I got to know and love the school and staff. He had been in private school until his 8th grade year. He did exceptionally well. My daughter is now in her first year there and has made honor roll every report card period. She loves her teachers and she's learning a lot. Mr. Gourdine is great. He was the vice principal when my son was there. I'm glad to see him take over as principal. He's great and has a good relationship with the kids. He's really concerned about them. I hope that the school stays on track and continues to thrive. I have my nephew looking forward to attending there in the next two years. Go Frick!

Posted May 21, 2006
I think Frick is getting better and better over the years. With new ways of teaching and setting up classes it's easier for the students to get to know one another.

Posted August 07, 2004
- a former student
Frick Middle School is not one of the best schools, I think they could do better. This school could have more after school programs. Also, Frick could check up on their students more often. The discipline level is right there. (But its good.) The students could have more activities also. Otherwise, Frick Middle is a excellent school, but not he best. I also forgot to imply that Frick needs off campus lunch, we'll at least for the students that obey the requirements!

Frick Middle School
2845 64th Avenue, Oakland, CA  94605
Last modified Frick Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frick Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.