Oakland, CA

Posted February 28, 2015
Last year was rough for my kids to go to fruitvale elemantury I tried hard to change this school for my kids and now I'm very happy with fruitvale elemantury I believed they done some changes 2015 now all my kids are Now exited to go to Fruitvale elemantury thanks for who done the changes this year GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Posted November 01, 2011
My son (African-American) has attended Fruitvale since kindergarten, he's now in the 5th grade. My thoughts on the school itself is, they are making strides to succeed within this horrible educational system, but have much room for improvement. Mrs. Wong (1st grade) is the most awesome teacher in the entire school. We had a HORRIBLE experience in kindergarten; the principal did his best to resolve it and keep my son with a positive view on school. That didn't work. His first day of 1st grade he cried like a baby. But Ms. Wong had him in love with learning and school in no time. Mr. Doan (5th grade) is also awesome. My son is doing well, not because of Fruitvale, but because his Mom and I take his education very seriously. 30 minutes of reading everyday, extra math, no TV during the week until homework is done, etc. Without home structure NO SCHOOL will be a good fit. Oh,the afterschool program is awesome too. Mr. & Mrs. Mack (and staff) are the best! As parents, we have to take control of our kids education, not leave it in the hands of the school. DO YOUR PART first and foremost.

Posted November 02, 2010
My son is in the third grade at Fruitvale and this is his second year there. He is making excellent progress with English and I am impressed by the creative homework and art he works on every week. The classrooms are clean and run correctly, and I feel safe to have him enrolled there. I rate his school very high.

Posted April 21, 2010
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical about transferring my daughter from private school, to public school. However, after my daughter, first year at Fruitvale, in the 2nd grade, I am pleased to say that after I observed the curriculum teachings of my daughter classroom assignments, Math, Reading Comprehension, Writing and, everday, Homework packages, I can honestly say that the second grade teacher there, at Friutvale, Ms. Robinson is well preparing my daughter and her classmates for middle school and beyond.

Posted June 01, 2008
I went to Fruitvale Elementary School, for 4 years and it really help me learned english.When I was in 5th grade Mr.Weaver helped me in my reading and my writing.

Posted October 10, 2006
Teachers are very good. My daughter had Mr. Weaver for two years and she learned english. She started with no english. He helped her with the confidence, reading, math, everything. He was very strict and she needed that. They had school on Saturday mornings, a lot of times they didnt go to recess because they just worked. My daughter now has all A cualifications in middle school. I really dont have the words to say how much he's a good teacher. He also helped us get her into summer program and good middle school. He made a soccer league and she won a trophy. That was the first time she try sports because she didnt have the confidence. We came to Fruitvale and saw 2 games. Now she plays on a team and she is good. So other teachers are good tambien, but my family will always remember Mr. Weaver.

Posted April 11, 2006
Ms. Ivey is very involved, is a good principal, she cares.

Posted November 08, 2005
My child has done very well at Fruitvale. Teacher quality is excellent.

Posted September 27, 2005
The school could use more parent involvement, this would not only help the children but the staff as well. The academic programs are in need of more updated materials.

Posted January 29, 2004
I have not seen a decline in Fruitvale elementary since my son began school there four years ago. The teachers go the extra mile to ensure that students understand the work that is given to them. The teachers that I have had the opportunity to come in contact with have a passion for teaching. I feel that is what some kids need to push them to take the next step. And I cant say enough about Ms. Cheryl Ivey. She has helped to mold the foundation that the kids of Fruitvale elementary stand on....and they stand proud! And thanks also to Ms. Stovall for having that passion for teaching.

Fruitvale Elementary School
3200 Boston Avenue, Oakland, CA  94602
Last modified Fruitvale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fruitvale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top