Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter went to a private school for Preschool but for Kindergarden I wanted to enroll her at Garfield since I myself attended this school and graduated from it. I had fond memories at this school with amazing teachers and was hoping she would have the same experience. To our satifaction, She had wonderful teachers in both Kinder (Ms. Quach) and 1st grade (Mr. EA) both excellent teachers who really love what they do and care about their students. Ms. Quach sends extra work home for the breaks and summer recess so the kids can prepare for 1st grade and continue their learning. Mr. EA opens their eyes to college and what it truely means to be a successful scholar. They even had a fied trip to UC Berkeley. Now heading to 2nd grade this Fall 2013 she is a top scholar and I praise her for a job well done but the teachers that helped her along the way deserve much praise aswell thus I am writing this review.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted October 20, 2011
I had both of kids attend Garfield from K-5th grade and with it's ups & down I think this school did it's job and preparing them for Middle school. I appreciate the wonderfull teachers they managed to keep and know thay they are there for the interest of the kids and not get caught up with the distric mayham. Thank Ms. Gobielle, Mr. Jakubek and Ms.Winkelstein for your hard work!

Garfield Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2008

Garfield Elementary School 0

Posted July 27, 2007
One of my kids started at this school last year . We were apprehensive at first but found we had no grounds for concern. Against all odds this school strives for success. They cater for several non English speaking communities and we were pleasantly surprised that her teacher recognised her capabilities and gently pushed and urged her to use her mind to it's full potential. We hope this next year is going to be as positive. I must also mention the after school program is run with care and dedication. From our experience it deserves a thumbs up and as I said it's against all odds.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2006
I had two children registered in Garfield last year and this year. Both of my childrens teachers Mrs. Kaneko and Ms. Domdrade Kidnergarden, were very involved with my kids and really interested in seeing them grow.

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted January 01, 2004
Ms. Harris is a wonderful principal and caring. She cares for all students in this school and she is very educated and devoted.

Contact Information

1640 22nd Avenue
Oakland, CA 94606

School website

Garfield Elementary School
1640 22nd Avenue, Oakland, CA  94606
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.