Oakland, CA

Posted April 29, 2014
Quick tip if you're looking for a small, caring environment for your child, look no further than Kaiser Elementary School. The school has passed the test especially at this time of year when staff members are tired and student are changing into more mature "human beings", I've still found the atmosphere cheerful, friendly and nurturing and that's toward the parents and grandparents. Students are treated to smiles , monthly field trips, regular assemblies and the feelings and attitudes directed toward my grandson are awesome. His teacher is alert, careful and focused on academics but with a smile or hug. She uses humor to make a point so the student wants to learn. Afterschool staff is wonderful and the office is busy but never too busy to notice a very small child or confused adult early in the morning or late in the day Great School! check it out.......

Posted October 18, 2013
A relatively small school (300) in a safe, beautiful location. Longstanding, cohesive staff with a passion for integrating the arts into the curriculum. A welcoming, diverse community with many active parents supporting the PTA.

Posted October 17, 2013
While only 2 months into Kindergarten - I'm amazed at the speed in which my daughter is learning. She is thrilled to go to school each morning. We have found the school a wonderful place and couldn't be happier. The parent involvement is very high, and most of the other parents I meet are just as happy as I am to be there.

Posted October 08, 2013
The only public elementary school in Oakland that reflects the true diversity of the city (all-welcoming), with high expectations and a safe environment. It's not easy for parents to provide transportation to the Hiller Highland location but the payoff is big. The PTA pays for terrific enrichment programs and the school community embraces the non-traditional solution of coming together from outside the neighborhood. My kids love it here and they are doing exceptionally well.

Kaiser Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
For grades K-3, which is what I've experienced so far, the teachers are fantastic. This is an arts-based school, and the children learn by doing. They make art projects, keep journals, draw, listen to music - everything that enhances learning on all levels. The parent involvement is phenomenal. Although the class sizes average 27, there are parents volunteering in the classroom every day, so the ratio of kids to adults is more like 1:13 or less. Time is given to kids who need extra help. There's before- and after-school programs as well as enrichment programs for the kids. The environment is beautiful, in the Oakland hills. Giving 4 stars only because OUSD is requiring this great little school to add more classes and students.

Posted September 24, 2013
This is a school that cares about each student. There are not kids left on their own to struggle with the challenges of school. The parents are very involved and the teachers are very dedicated.

Posted September 24, 2013
I have 3 children currently at Kaiser. Our children are thriving, happy and learning. I can't say enough about the caring and loving teachers who put our children first. We have had a wonderful experiences with all of the teachers, the culture, leadership and other families the past 6 years and are looking forward to the next 4 years. I can't recommend Kaiser enough!

Posted September 22, 2013
The diverse school community, committed teachers and beautiful location make this school so highly rated. The diversity of our school reflects our city and we have wonderful teachers. The principal is approachable, grounded, and greatly committed to the well-being of his staff and his students. We have the best parent community who comes together to support our children and our wonderful teachers. My children feel safe and learn at Kaiser

Posted September 19, 2013
My son started Kindergarten this year and I cannot be happier with our decision to send him to Kaiser. This school is a hidden gem in so many ways. First, there are only (2) classes per grade, which contributes to our tight-knit community and parent engagement. Second, it is one of the only schools that truly represents ALL of the Oakland community from a diversity standpoint. Lastly, the class sizes are generally low for Oakland Public Schools (<20 student/teacher in K) which lead to more effective teaching and learning. I would highly recommend Kaiser to other parents!

Posted September 19, 2013
This school is a fine example of administration, teachers and parents working together for the benefit of the students. My son's education is enhanced and richer because of the healthy environment in which he attends school. All families are motivated toward making the quality of the education experience the best possible.

Kaiser Elementary School
25 South Hill Court, Oakland, CA  94618
Last modified Kaiser Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kaiser Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 104 reviews. Top