Lafayette Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
For those of you who think this is a great school you must be confused. It's so bad that after being doomed to this neighborhood school I actually pulled my son to home school him. Supposedly this place also has a gifted program which makes it's stats even more abysmal. How OUSD can let this school exist in such a state I will never know. In 2013, Lafayette Elementary ranked worse than 99.7% of elementary schools in California. It also ranked 60th among 63 ranked elementary schools in the Oakland Unified School District.

Posted January 13, 2014
I absolutely loved this school. I had the opportunity to work as a substitute teacher at Lafayette. As a substitute, you have a different perspective. Children aren't usually on their best behavior, sometimes testing boundaries. That was not the case at Lafayette. The students were Superstars. The class was a 2nd-3rd grade combination. The children were able to complete Journaling, Reading, Math, Science, Entrepreneurship, and Art. We had additional time at the end of the day and returned to complete another Math assignment. There were no behavioral issues whatsoever. In fact, the students volunteered to help each other. I had an easy day here. I can only thank a great administration, staff, and parents. (Why not 5 stars? They need more computers in the classroom.) So.....corporations......here's a great place to donate to a worthy cause. A highly motivated student body and great staff.

Posted October 18, 2010
Lafayette has great teachers and a great Principal. My grandson has been going there for 5 years now.

Lafayette Elementary School 0

Posted December 23, 2009
Lafayette Elementry School is a great school, my daughter attends this school Tthe teachers are great, the principal is great, the tutors are great and the after school programs are great.

Lafayette Elementary School 5

Posted December 19, 2007
This is the best Elementary School the have in West Oakland and I feel very safe to that my two daughter attend Lafayette. The have a very excellent learning program and the Teachers plus Principle & stuff are very caring about how well you children are doing in class. They also have alot of wonderful after school programs and montoring program to help your children with work or a subject that your child might be having problems in. They offer alot of programs. That's why I rate the school as Excllent.

Lafayette Elementary School 0

Posted June 19, 2006
My cousin brings home the most creative projects. His teacher cares about his education.

Lafayette Elementary School 2

Posted March 31, 2006
Academically this school is unfortunately behind. There resources are limited and some teachers don't give there all. They expect the parents to do it all. Which leads to the question why is my student even here? I would like to see more partcipation from the teachers. More envolvement. Since my child left the school last year he has grown 100% academically.

Posted February 08, 2005
The staff is the hardest working, most dedicated group of people I know.

Lafayette Elementary School
1700 Market Street, Oakland, CA  94607
Last modified Lafayette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top