Carl B. Munck Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2011
I'm having a problem with my sons teacher Mrs. Harrison, I have request four times to have my son's seat changed and she has not done it. My Son was having problems in that class he used to come home sad and say stuff like "I'm not smart anymore" or he would say "I'm not your good boy". I was so worried about his overall behavior in class I meet with his teacher Mrs. Harrison, we discussed his behavior in class and his overall performance. By the end of our meeting I was lead to believe that his seat would be moved, after requesting. That was two weeks ago and still nothing. Im planning on having a meeting with the Principal next week. I will keep this site updated.

Posted March 25, 2011
This is our first year at Carl Munck. My daughter is in Kindergarten and we came from a unique situation. She attended preschool - and I thought she was learning at a normal pace, but to my surprise, when I enrolled her in K, she was far behind and not to mention, she was a younger 4 year old starting kindergarten. I can't tell you how pleased, thankful, and incredibly grateful for my daughters K teacher! The amount of time that this teacher spends with her students and going to the extra mile to ensure that my daughter and other students are learning and understanding the material is beyond itself a great deed. The parent involvement is incredible, all the parents know all the names of their child's classmates, there's a dads club that is very active and also plans a lot of the schools activities. I was so worried about my daughter's first year in K, but I was easily put at ease once we got to Carl Munck. I highly recommend this school.

Carl B. Munck Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
Good school. I have two children enrolled in the 1st and 3rd grades. Both are learning very well and I have seen improvement over the last 4 years since my son (3rd grade) started in Kindergarten. There is an overwhelming feeling of community and as a parent, a great sense of responsibility to be more involved. Mrs. Burroughs (Principle) has encouraged parent involvement as she understands that children's education doesn't start or stop at school, but at home. The Dads club at the school has a large number of Fathers there that are involved as well. This really is a good school.

Posted November 04, 2010
Principle,staff and the kids, its a family,everyone from the parents, teachers,staff and community,the scores have gone from 700's to 821 and still climbing thats a little school with high expectations.

Posted May 27, 2010
My son is completing kinder this year and he is very happy and thriving at the school. There is diversity among staff and families. They make it a point to expose children to different cultures in the classroom and schoolwide. They integrate kids with diabilities in the mainstram classroom which give the kids an appreciation for all. Teachers know all the kids by name, the afterschool program is wonderful and has a variety of activites. The kids know other students from different grades. There is an overall community of caring at the school. The principal has always been cordial and greets me when I am there. The school is bright with work from students posted all over the hallways, clean and inviting. My son is doing well academically....he can read and write well. I am very happy with the Carl B and all it offers to my child.

Carl B. Munck Elementary School 2

Posted April 16, 2010
My son attends this school. The teachers are great. They are very caring and dedicated. They really are the best in Oakland Unified. The PTA is up and coming. It s sad that they lack leadership from the principal. She is not easy to talk to. Her office door is rarely open and when it is she either does not have time for you or tries to bully you. Instead of trying to bring the school together, the principal continues to use the excuse it s a commuter school that s why we cannot have a community . I believe she is truly the down fall of our school and why the school test scores have flat lined.

Posted March 29, 2010
My Daughter has thrived at Carl B.Munck. Munck is on of the better schools in Oakland, the principal is a great and she takes the time to get to the children by name as well as the parents. She has even encourged me in my teachuing career. The teachers there are very caring , i can't wait for my son to enter K in the fall!

Posted February 12, 2010
My son attends there and he really likes it. Plus, the teachers and principle are wonderful educators.

Posted October 06, 2009
Our son just started Kindergarten at Carl B. Munck and we're pleased with the warm and welcoming school community. Great teachers and a growing PTA and a very inclusive philosophy when it comes to student needs and differences.

Posted September 16, 2009
Carl B. Munck has the best programs for after school. It is academically and atheletically gear. And open for all students. This program is not full funded and parents help out as much as possible.

Carl B. Munck Elementary School
11900 Campus Drive, Oakland, CA  94619
Last modified Carl B. Munck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl B. Munck Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.