Public charter
Oakland, CA

Posted November 11, 2014
If I could give this school zero stars, I would. The staff here often seem unable or unprepared to deal with discipline or classroom management issues. Kids often curse in class, walk around campus aimlessly, and are disrespectful to the teachers and each other. I see the principal walking around often, but never doing anything to make sure the classrooms are orderly and the students are able to learn. I highly recommend you send your children to a different school, which is tough to say because of the lack of high quality schools in Oakland. But absolutely avoid Golden State Prep.

Posted October 28, 2014
This school is horrible. Only gave one star because I was NOT ABLE to not give any stars at all. The students are totally disrespectful not only to each other, but also to the teachers. There seems to be no real discipline. The students get away with everything. I do not see how real learning can go on in this institution. There is no preparation for the world. These kids will be lost. I would highly recommend you not send you student to this school. I do not plan on sending my child here.

Posted September 18, 2014
i do not wish to recommend this to anyone my child had a bad time there

Posted October 01, 2013
My School is the best because it allways help you And It is The BEST i Love It ... my school cant improve because is the best !!

Aspire Golden State College Preparatory Academy 3

Posted September 06, 2013
Great school but the kids needs to be more welcoming to new students .Especially in the 10 grade. Kids not so nice. Other than that great teachet and staff.

Posted July 21, 2010
We came to this school 3 years ago at the recommendation of another parent. My child has a different learning style and they have done more for him than any school he's attended. The staff has always been willing to go the extra mile. There is an intervention programs to help struggling students after school, and extracurricular activities. They are very supportive of their students and challenge them to do their best. My child loves his school and has even recommended it to a stranger who asked him about the school. Because of the support of the staff and principal and the Aspire vision and the desire for all kids to be successful, I give them 5 stars.

Posted October 08, 2009
this school meets up with parents expectaitions and my child loves this school and meets high standards!also the teachers and the princapal communicates with the children and parents.

Aspire Golden State College Preparatory Academy 0

Posted August 14, 2009
i just came to this school and at first i was nervous but i figured it was fun and normal also teachers are very nice but a little strict but im having a very good time...!i love this school and i recommend it!!!even as a student!

Aspire Golden State College Preparatory Academy
1009 66th Avenue, Oakland, CA  94610
Last modified Aspire Golden State College Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire Golden State College Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top