Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Cox Academy 5

Posted April 02, 2016
Two of my children attend this school. Its been a great experience. I never thought i will find such a grate environment. They're learning growth its significant. The teachers and staff are very nice and professional. At this school i found the help and the support i needed for my children they even give math and english classes for us parents so we can be able to help our kids in their homework. I will totally recommend this grate school.

Cox Academy 1

Posted February 12, 2016
This school is the worst school I've ever encountered. The staff and teachers are not trained properly to deal with kids with learning disabilities, anger or any other issues this poor children are going through. My son has been physically grabbed on several occasions and when I mentioned it to the vice principal he made up a whole scenario on why it happen before he even spoke with the adults involved. They lie to cover up things they should not be doing like putting there hands on kids. After I reported these issues my son really started being treated bad. I've requested several times my son be put in a different class and was denied each time. Please find another school for your children to attend.

Cox Academy 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Cox Academy is where both of my 2 boys attend. They have great teachers, and great staff and helpers, that is what I like most at Cox Academy. I suggest that there should be more work in over seeing how to deal and help ease with the traffic during the after school time. Too much traffic, besides that everything is super great.

Cox Academy 3

Posted December 13, 2012
I have not had a good experience with this school and it is only December. Communicating with the office is frustrating. If you don't want to fear your child coming home with lice, do not enroll your child in this school. The only reason I am enduring this school until summer break is because despite my experience my child likes her teacher.

Cox Academy 1

Posted December 09, 2012
My experience with this school has not been positive at all. I don't feel comfortable going into detail on a website. I would not send my kid here again and am happy to be out of it. I believed somethings about this school and organization that I don't believe anymore. Good luck to everyone trying to find a good school for your kids. This is not a match for us.

Cox Academy 5

Posted January 05, 2012
My kids had gone to other elementary school and I can not believe how much better Cox has been for my children. The teachers and staff are all wonderful and know each parent and student in their school

Cox Academy
9860 Sunnyside Street, Oakland, CA  94603
Last modified Cox Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.