K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Mr. Avila 4th grade Teacher in Saint Jarlath School is the best techer this School can have my son improved his reading

This year was my daughters first year at St Jarlath. She previously went to St Lawrence OToole from K-4. It was the hardest decision of my life to change the school she was going to not due to her growth academically but socially. I made the best choice when I enrolled her into St Jarlath! She fit right in with the lovely and caring students. They embraced her and made her feel more comfortable than the school that she was going to for 5 years. It really made a difference in my child to fit in. I thank Mr Pierre Antoine who is doing an excellent job with the school. Mr Pierre Antoine and his staff are the most dedicated people I know. They really go above and beyond for our children that spend the precious time that we are away from them. The school is growing everyday and I would recommend St Jarlath to everyone that is looking for a faith filled, academic loaded, dedicated school community like St Jarlath. Thank you so much for everything you have done for my family.

I just graduated from St. Jarlath this year in the class of 2011. My experience here was amazing. I've been here since Kindergarden through the 8th grade. The teachers really do care about you and since the class sizes are smaller they really focus on the well being of each student. The English program for the seventh and eight grade is really good and I made it into Honors English in high school. Everyone is friendly here and really cares about you.

Both of my kids went to school here K-8, and while the school offered a great sense of community, it failed miserably in preparing my children for high school. I currently have a daughter in 19th grade and the other is a freshman in college. Both are behind their peers in math. This was an issue I became aware of while my oldest was taking entrance exams for high school. She did well in all subjects, with the exception of math which surprised me because she always got A's in math on her report cards. When I spoke to the principal, she admitted they were aware of the fact St. Jarlath kids were not at the same level in math as other kids, but they didn't want to "push" them. Sadly, I feel the 18 years of education that we paid for our kids was money wasted. If I had it to do all over again, I would send my kids to St. Lawrence O'Toole (near High Street and MacArthur in Oakland). My older daughter had friends in high school who attended SLOT K-8. All of them were well-prepared for the high school entrance exams, and for high school math.

its the best school icould have offered to my kids

Talented and dedicated teachers and staff. Limited class sizes is beneficial to my student and others.The teaches really do go that extra mile for all families. We love it and have been there for 2 years.

Last modified Saint Jarlath School is a Private school that serves grades K-8