Posted September 01, 2014
I have two children who attend this school. My youngest just completed 4th grade. I didn't undersand the previous post regarding hours of homework since my daughter had at the most an hour's worth of homework, and that was a rare occasion. She was a focused child who did extremely well in class and learned so much. I volunteered in this class quite a few times, so I was able to see the quality of instruction. I enjoyed being there during Langauge Arts when students would read an excerpt from a book or short story from an author. The teacher brought in other books from that particular author so students could have extended learning beyond their textbook. My daughter enjoyed all of the field trips, and so did I. I liked the fact that the field trips were integrated with what was being taught in class, showing students that what they were learning in class does pertain to the world outside. I highly recommend this school.

St. Lawrence O'toole Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2014
The school has a great sense of community as the older students look out and help the younger students. The teachers up until the second grade were amazing and nurturing. However, there is a lack of focus on basic and fundamental education. The third and fourth grade teachers are horrible and have antiquated teaching methods if any at all. The fourth grade teacher who should either retire or be forced to retire gives students hours of homework (until 9:30 pm) and only grades based on test scores, not giving credit to all the time and effort the child has spent on class work and homework. For a school that charges a tuition I would expect to the school to have advanced and innovative educators. If you are looking for a school that coaches ALL teachers to set their students up for success then this is not the place for you.

St. Lawrence O'toole Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2014

Posted February 25, 2014
This school is great! The Tuition is affordable. The Principal and the teachers really care about their students. The Kindergarten Teacher, Mrs. Lynnae Tasi is great with her students. My son loves the way she teaches. She has a lot of hands on learning activities and projects. Her demeanor to teach is perfect for her students. She is peaceful, loving, kind and firm. I am glad that my son is attending SLOT. What a great way to start his education. My son has grown spiritually and academically. I can totally see my son attending this school for 8 more years.

Posted January 15, 2014
We love it here! We had to move our Kindergartener from a public charter school mid-semester and SLOT has welcomed us with open arms. It is simple and academically challenging. Aftercare could be more developed, but it is inexpensive, safe, and the aftercare teachers really care. The Kindergarten teacher is everything a K teacher should be. So kind, loving, and patient. It is apparent that she loves God and the kids. The principal, is so welcoming and very personable. The parent group is awesome and raises a lot of money to keep tuition down. Come to an open house, this school midght be a good fit for you too! Our student has grown by leaps and bounds academically and loves her school.

Posted December 22, 2013
Excellent School! St. Lawrence O' Toole Catholic Elementary School is the perfect environment for our son. The Kindergarten Teacher Mrs. Lynnae Tasi is a gentle, yet firm woman of God who believes that God has called her to teach. Mrs. Tasi has the perfect demeanor to teach and develop male children who can at times be very active and curious! Our son enjoys attending Mass and Chapel on a weekly basis and was very excited to be the "prayer leader" for the week! St. Lawrence O' Toole nurtures children academically and spiritually in a loving environment. SLOT offers sports, music lessons (after school) and Spanish instruction for Grades K-8. I highly recommend SLOT to any family seeking a well rounded, family like atmosphere for their child. SLOT graduates go on to attend the high school of their choice and are often times placed in AP/Honors classes.

Posted October 18, 2013
I am the parent of a 7th grader who first went to SLOT in kindergarten. After a terrible 6th grade year at Redwood Christian School, I was eager to find a place where my daughter felt like she belonged. SLOT has proven to be just the place for her. Many of her kindergarten friends were still at SLOT and were very welcoming to her even though they hadn't seen each other in 7 years. Everyone from the school Administrators right on down to the students themselves have been so warm, welcoming and positive. My daughter is thriving at SLOT! There is a lot of parent involvement and a true sense of community at the school. My only regret is not sending my daughter back sooner!

Posted September 12, 2013
I first came to this school two years ago when my son was having a VERY difficult time at one of the OUSD elementary schools. It was a bad fit for him and a very stressful time for us. SLOT welcomed my family with understanding and reassurance that it was going to be ok. My son has grown so much since being there both academically and spiritually that I am eternally grateful. All the teachers know the students and make you feel connected when simply walking down the hall. I now have two children there and would reccomend this school without reservation.

St. Lawrence O'toole Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
I really do love this school! St. Lawrence O'Toole is like a second home for our family. Our child has grown academically and spiritually in this nurturing environment. It is a warm and welcoming place. I feel assured that my child is safe, cared for, and challenged academically at this school. It has been a great experience so far and we look forward to four more year at SLOT!

Posted September 04, 2013
My son is a 2nd grader this year and has been here since kindergarten. His father is an alumni and we absolutely love St. Lawrence O'Toole. My son was fortunate to have the amazing Mrs. Sabina Burns as his 1st grade teacher last year. She was also his father s 1st grade teacher when he attended. We can not wait to enroll our other son when he is ready for kindergarden.

St. Lawrence O'toole Elementary School
3695 High Street, Oakland, CA  94619
Last modified St. Lawrence O'toole Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Lawrence O'toole Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.