Posted October 29, 2013
My daughters are very happy at St. Theresa. They love their friends and the teachers. Having one daughter start middle school there this year, she found herself totally prepared to be responsible, focused and was quickly able to adjust to having many teachers not just 1 or 2. She was fully prepared by her grade 4 and 5 teachers to make this jump. In the lower grades, the education has been excellent, with one core teacher and additional aides where needed. There is a strong, involved parent community that supports the school, cyo sports, and the parish. The new teachers at the school this year are forward thinking and are wonderful additions to the community.

Posted October 29, 2013
Both of my daughters recently graduated from St. Theresa's. The school provided them with a very solid spiritual and academic foundation in a safe environment. Elementary school is a very short period in our children's life, but a very important one. My children got off to a great start in life thanks to the nurturing and safe environment the school provides, Although no school is perfect, I'm very thankful that my children attended St. Theresa's. I give it my highest recommendation.

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughters have loved their experience at St.Theresa. We've seen how St. Theresa's academics and student community have encouraged our children's growth intellectually and emotionally/socially. One example, the school's Faith Families program enables the upper grade children to take responsibility for their younger "family members" in school events, and in turn, this gives the younger grade students the opportunity to feel safe and trusting of their older grade "parents." St. Theresa's administration, faculty, parents and parish community really strive to make the school a great place for the kids (and their parents). Over the years, the communications between the administration, the parish leaders and the parents has evolved and continues to improve to a level that provides confidence in everyone. Across the board (and almost to a fault), parents step up to help out with projects, field trips, volunteering opportunities and financially.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted October 05, 2013
Our children love their friends and the lower grades have a great play structure. The gym/multipurpose event center is fantastic. We have mixed feelings about the teachers since we hear mixed reviews and there is a lot of turn over. Our kids still have a number of years to go at ST and it guarantees them a good education til 8th grade. The school and church will pressure you for donations but they do depend on it. The admin at the school has been often "mean" - so the kids say but our parent comments will only be dismissed.

St. Theresa School 4

Posted January 13, 2013
We are very happy at St. Theresa and would highly recommend it! We've been here for 8 years, and my two children love it. We came from another local parish and never looked back. The school is wonderful, but the community is what makes it speicial. Since the school has only 1 class p/grade, the children really know each other. They have Kindergarten and 1st grade buddies and faith families K-8. The parents are really involved and we have made lots of wonderful friends. The campus is beautiful and includes a large new Event Center (gym). The academics are challenging and include Spanish, art, band, music and computer skills. The school focus is on mind, body and spirit. They teach our children kindness, faith and service.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted January 13, 2013
I had 2 children move to St Theresa from a local public school, it has a lovely gym and ancillary rooms - all on the backs of former parents! When my child entered high school they along with their entire class was behind in learning basics. The best teachers left under the current principle, should give you pause to think is this really an education? The school is click based among kids and parents, they also want your money until you bleed! But hay, if this makes you feel good...give it a try.

Posted November 28, 2012
I can't say enough about how pleased I am with this school. My daughter transferred into 5th grade from a public school and although at the beginning it was an adjustment for her, she is now way more self motivated and her grades reflect it. The 5th grade teacher is outstanding and the school really does have a great sense of community. There is a high degree of parent support and involvement which makes it all work. Watching my daughter go here makes me wish I could go back to school!

Posted November 23, 2012
We are proud parents of two St. Theresa students. We love this school, parish, and community! Our children look forward to school every day (no joke)! They also continue to feel their own sense of school pride wearing their uniforms after pick up to run errands with mom. Seeing other students of St. Theresa around town truly brings a feeling of solidarity to them. We look forward to many wonderful years to come being a part of this fantastic school community.

Posted October 01, 2012
My kids are so happy at St. Theresa. They really enjoy going to school each day. The curriculum is strong and includes Spanish, computers, religion and art. There is also a fantastic buddy system for K and 1st graders where they are paired up with a 5th/6th grade mentor. It makes the younger kids feel so special and very included on campus. Each child at the school is also placed in a "family" and they go to mass together and do special activities together. What makes this so great is that all of the kids at St. Theresa know one another really well. The sports are also amazing. You can start Cross Country in K and then volleyball and basketball in 3rd/4th grades. The parent community is excellent and very involved. Overall, St. Theresa provides a very warm well-rounded experience that will definitely prepare your child for high school. We live in the Hillcrest district but choose St. T's instead.

Posted September 24, 2012
We love this school. If you're looking for a community and a home, then this is the place. Very involved parent body, fantastic and approachable teachers, multimedia computer lab and a new gym. Beautiful campus with a great drop-off system in the morning. Afterschool program is perfect!

St. Theresa School
4850 Clarewood Drive, Oakland, CA  94618
Last modified St. Theresa School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Theresa School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.