Posted November 09, 2014
St. Theresa has been great for our three children and for our family. My wife is a graduate of St. Theresa's. We have always been very pleased with the teachers and very happy with St. Theresa's focus on the development of the whole student -- mind, spirit and body. The teachers are committed to high academic standards, and the standardized tests show it. Moreover, the school is committed to a religious education, and I believe the school succeeds here as well. Our children have more athletic opportunities than I had at their age. I am very pleased with the circle of friends our children have built over their years in St. Theresa and all the school parents and families we have come to know over the years. St. T has been great for our family as well as our children. I can't imagine living in Oakland without St. T, and I am repeatedly reminded that we made the right decision.

Posted November 04, 2014
I have an 9th grader who was educated at St. Theresa's K-8. Like most parents, I worried about how his 9-year St. T education might stack up against other schools public or private. My son now attends Bishop O Dowd High School, and not only did he test into all honors-level classes, he also received one of the 30 Presidential Scholarships. I wasn t sure how unusual this was until I talked to some parents from other private schools who were shocked at their children s lack of readiness based on the same placement testing and, some of these kids are at very expensive private schools. Additionally, at a the getting ready orientation, O Dowd s President cited St. T as one of the schools that does a really great job at getting kids ready for high school. And finally, the outgoing student body President at O Dowd is a St. T graduate who is now choosing between acceptances from Stanford and Harvard. While I certainly wouldn't expect the average St. T graduate achieve at this level, these results are noteworthy and impressive. We couldn't be more pleased with how prepared our son was for high school armed with a St. Theresa's education!

Posted October 29, 2013
My daughters are very happy at St. Theresa. They love their friends and the teachers. Having one daughter start middle school there this year, she found herself totally prepared to be responsible, focused and was quickly able to adjust to having many teachers not just 1 or 2. She was fully prepared by her grade 4 and 5 teachers to make this jump. In the lower grades, the education has been excellent, with one core teacher and additional aides where needed. There is a strong, involved parent community that supports the school, cyo sports, and the parish. The new teachers at the school this year are forward thinking and are wonderful additions to the community.

Posted October 29, 2013
Both of my daughters recently graduated from St. Theresa's. The school provided them with a very solid spiritual and academic foundation in a safe environment. Elementary school is a very short period in our children's life, but a very important one. My children got off to a great start in life thanks to the nurturing and safe environment the school provides, Although no school is perfect, I'm very thankful that my children attended St. Theresa's. I give it my highest recommendation.

Posted October 24, 2013
My daughters have loved their experience at St.Theresa. We've seen how St. Theresa's academics and student community have encouraged our children's growth intellectually and emotionally/socially. One example, the school's Faith Families program enables the upper grade children to take responsibility for their younger "family members" in school events, and in turn, this gives the younger grade students the opportunity to feel safe and trusting of their older grade "parents." St. Theresa's administration, faculty, parents and parish community really strive to make the school a great place for the kids (and their parents). Over the years, the communications between the administration, the parish leaders and the parents has evolved and continues to improve to a level that provides confidence in everyone. Across the board (and almost to a fault), parents step up to help out with projects, field trips, volunteering opportunities and financially.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted October 05, 2013
Our children love their friends and the lower grades have a great play structure. The gym/multipurpose event center is fantastic. We have mixed feelings about the teachers since we hear mixed reviews and there is a lot of turn over. Our kids still have a number of years to go at ST and it guarantees them a good education til 8th grade. The school and church will pressure you for donations but they do depend on it. The admin at the school has been often "mean" - so the kids say but our parent comments will only be dismissed.

St. Theresa School 4

Posted January 13, 2013
We are very happy at St. Theresa and would highly recommend it! We've been here for 8 years, and my two children love it. We came from another local parish and never looked back. The school is wonderful, but the community is what makes it speicial. Since the school has only 1 class p/grade, the children really know each other. They have Kindergarten and 1st grade buddies and faith families K-8. The parents are really involved and we have made lots of wonderful friends. The campus is beautiful and includes a large new Event Center (gym). The academics are challenging and include Spanish, art, band, music and computer skills. The school focus is on mind, body and spirit. They teach our children kindness, faith and service.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted January 13, 2013
I had 2 children move to St Theresa from a local public school, it has a lovely gym and ancillary rooms - all on the backs of former parents! When my child entered high school they along with their entire class was behind in learning basics. The best teachers left under the current principle, should give you pause to think is this really an education? The school is click based among kids and parents, they also want your money until you bleed! But hay, if this makes you feel good...give it a try.

Posted November 28, 2012
I can't say enough about how pleased I am with this school. My daughter transferred into 5th grade from a public school and although at the beginning it was an adjustment for her, she is now way more self motivated and her grades reflect it. The 5th grade teacher is outstanding and the school really does have a great sense of community. There is a high degree of parent support and involvement which makes it all work. Watching my daughter go here makes me wish I could go back to school!

Posted November 23, 2012
We are proud parents of two St. Theresa students. We love this school, parish, and community! Our children look forward to school every day (no joke)! They also continue to feel their own sense of school pride wearing their uniforms after pick up to run errands with mom. Seeing other students of St. Theresa around town truly brings a feeling of solidarity to them. We look forward to many wonderful years to come being a part of this fantastic school community.

St. Theresa School