Posted December 12, 2013
Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't judge a school by its price tag. Some may think that St. Anthony might be better because 'you're paying for your kids education....or... you're paying for your kids to succeed.' Sorry, wrong school here! St Anthony did not prepared students for HS. Moreover, materials that are taught in 8th grade should classified as 5th grade level work. Students spend unnecessary time on things such as "Thank you cards" when they should really be working their butts off. The kids are very disrespectful! I noticed many of them form 'teams' where they include/exclude certain individuals and just start gossiping (teams are formed by race, grades, gender, etc.) Not a good environment for kids to learn to be more accepting of others' differences. I graduated over 7+ years ago, most of the friends that I graduated with went to CSUs, 1 or 2 went to UCs, and I remember a few of them actually got married because he/she got a baby.

Posted July 06, 2013
I have graduated from this school 3 years ago and I don't believe that this school prepares you for high school the teachers let the students do whatever they want. I personally did not like the teaching style of Ms.Cohen she gets angry easily and yells at the students as If they were grown I wish I had not gone to this school and don't know where the parents get their information about this school from because they're reviews are false.

Posted May 27, 2012
I was a student here. This school does not prepare you for high school at all. It is one of the WORST schools in Oakland. Most of the school is Latino/Hispanic or Vietnamese/Chinese. The children there teased my friend for years because she was white and spoke proper English. I don't understand where all these reviews from "parents" are coming from. They are mostly first generation students most of their parents could barely say hello in English let alone type a review on the computer. I would not recommend this school to anyone that actually wants there child to have a future.

St. Anthony School 3

Posted June 22, 2010
i like saint anthony's because the students in it are very respectful and considerate of other people they learn about respect and how to make good choices in their life. I really like all the teachers in the school exept the 5th grade teacher Ms.Cohen she screams to much at kids and thinks that by screaming kids are going to learn. She also seems very racis because she lets Vietnamese kids speak their language but not Latinos or Mexicans. I think she is defenitly not a good teacher , I think they should fire her.

Posted March 30, 2010
St. Anthony is a great choice for kids; it is getting better all the time. The staff is continually looking for ways to improve the program, and there is a wonderful family feel that makes up for not having all the bells and whistles of schools in more affluent areas. Loyalty to this school runs deep, and the kids who graduate come back to visit and volunteer all the time. That speaks volumes. Many are also getting into the most competetive private high schools. For a safe, nurturing place with a free after school program, don't overlook it!

St. Anthony School 5

Posted September 28, 2009
I graduated from this school two years ago, and I would like to say that I do not regret going here. Teachers here prepare for high school and they DO care for your education. I can tell you that students who go to this school are being prepared to be successful in high school. I love to visit this school whenever I get the chance to because of the great memories of the place. I remember my favorite English teacher, Mrs. Wilson, had us worked all hard when I was in 7th and 8th grade. I thought she just likes giving us work at first, but when I entered high school, I figured that she was preparing me for it. This isn't just a school, it is a loving community and family.

Posted August 20, 2009

Posted March 03, 2009
i like St.Anthony school because my teachers spend extra time to help me understand the lessons . This school is a great comunity. We are all good friends and there is hardly any fighting between students. The teachers and staff get along very well and they are all great teachers. I like the school too because there are extra activities such as spelling bee, oratorical contest,after school sports program, and next quarter the upper grades will have a science fair. Our principal Sr. Barbara Flannery works very hard everyday to make St. Anthony a great school for all of us. This year our principal has received gifts of new chairs, new desk, new carpet andalso received donations to fix the girls bathroom. Most of our graduates go to Catholic schools. I fully recomend this school to all the families that want their children to be successful in high school. GOOOO TIGERS!!

Posted February 27, 2009
St. Anthony's Catholic School is a great family environment. Sister Barbara, the school principal is very personable and cares for all the children of St. Anthony's. I just heard that they also have a new web site coming soon: http://stanthonys-ca.org

Posted December 31, 2008
I don't like this school, the people that works there always talk about money..And if you can't pay, or have a payment delay, they would not serve you until you fully paid it.. And the classes there aren't changeling the ones that are willing to learn. Besides that they waste a lot of times doing 'unnecessary' things, such as making a thank you card, painting, preparing things for the church, and parties.. Overall, I don't think that this is a good school, for achieving students who are willing to learn and tried to be sucessful in the future.

St. Anthony School
1500 East 15th Street, Oakland, CA  94606
Last modified St. Anthony School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Anthony School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.