Posted April 04, 2014
HNHS is a small Catholic all girls school that empowers the girls to speak up and stand up for justice. Many girls come in timid and shy, but leave confident and with a voice.

Holy Names High School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
Holy Names has been great for my daughter. She is receiving a first rate, college prep education with small class size and plenty of access to the teachers. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen such dedicated teachers, they are always willing to meet with my daughter when she has questions or is having difficulty. It is the perfect blend of structure and compassion. This year they are making some changes to the Parent Association which I think will make it easier for parents to figure out how to be involved in a meaningful way. I love the new Principal, she has a lot of enthusiasm and some great ideas.

Posted June 04, 2013
Holy Names High offers a challenging curriculum taught in small classes where any additional help is available if needed. Our daughter was very reluctant to attend an all-girl school, but has found it to be a fun and supportive learning environment. She's taking mostly honors classes, voice and volleyball and is thriving.

Posted May 31, 2013
Holy Names High School provides a sisterhood of generations of the Bay Area's young women. I am always meeting HNHS alums who love to reminisce about there time there. Although many girls are hesitant to attend an all-girls school, they soon find they love the comradeship and confidence that they feel among their peers. Our girls form tight bonds with each other, and all faculty and staff are familiar with each and every one of our lovely students. They grow in leadership positions, are highly challenged in academics, and thrive in our rigorous Visual and Performing Arts programs. I encourage you to schedule a visit at our gorgeous campus nestled in the Rockridge hills.

Holy Names High School 0

Posted October 09, 2009
I have two daughters at this school. I can tell the difference and the achievement within them and how confident they are doing home work and day to day life things. They have really transformed into smart and intellegent young ladies.

Holy Names High School 1

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted February 03, 2009

Holy Names High School 1

Posted June 23, 2008

Posted May 17, 2007
My daughter chose Holy Names High School on her own because of the excellent academic program, particularly in mathematics, and the diversity in student population. Holy Names prepared her for any path she might chose after high school. She easily got into UC Berkeley, has found a passion, and job offer, through working in the Oakland public library due to HNHS community service hours requirement, and is very sure of her personal and spiritual path, though she is not Catholic, through their excellent attention to the girls' moral, spiritual, and personal development through intensive study that alternates between world exploration and personal growth experiences.

Posted February 16, 2007
Our daughter is a senior at Holy Names this year. Despite ADHD, she has done very well and has been accepted to every college to which she applied. HNHS has been both supportive and challenging. They have had annual IEP meetings and made accommodations. She has excelled with their stimulation and support. It is a warm community with lots of choices of classes and activities. The all girl environment has been a plus; girls get more opportunities for leadership roles and don't get distracted by hormones.

Holy Names High School
4660 Harbord Drive, Oakland, CA  94618
Last modified Holy Names High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Holy Names High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.