K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I have nothing but great things to say about Patten, I don't know why it has taken me so long to write a review! I have three children attending Patten, ranging from 3rd-11th grade. My oldest has been there since the fourth grade. What I appreciate most about Patten is the Student-to-Teacher ratio, it allows the teachers to focus on the students capabilities and if the student is exceeding academically, then the teacher can make recommendations to move the student to a higher curriculum. When my 7th grader was in kindergarten, he was moved to first grade because the teacher felt he excelled in kindergarten and needed to go to 1st grade. Patten also has a great music program that is recognized by a lot of universities, as well as renowned music instructors. The instructors encourage students to play different musical instruments to help them recognize their potential and hidden talents. The music program offers a lot of opportunities to perform and compete with other schools. Aside from music, Patten also has an athletic department (pattenathletics.com) that has recently joined with a well known league, CIF, which allows the students to participate and compete with more competitive schools. I have only great things to say about Patten Academy, but for the sake of time I encourage you to stop by or join our Patten family, we look forward to having you!

There was a time where I would have praised this school when my kid first started. Now they have become only concerned with money and nothing more. This IS NOT a Christian school at all and the principal is a prime example. Yes the tuition is on the low end but once you compute all the so called additional fees, field trips, lunch tickets and school supplies that are used by other students when you are told they are for your child. You may a well be paying 1000.00 a month. I have had numerious issues with this school but have given them the benefit of the doubt but a conversation and surely the last with the principal has sealed it's fate with me. I know B.B Patten would be turning in her grave as she worked so hard during her life. I really wanted my child to know the Lord and get a sound education. Very unfortunate this school should now cease to exist.

Patten Academy has been a trusted Christian educational destination of choice in Oakland for many years. There was a time when I would proudly recommend it to anyone and everyone, I was a strong believer and supporter. Year after year there was a waiting list of parents wanting to enroll their children. The kindergarten always had no less than 25-30 students out the gate. The founder-president, Dr. Bebe Patten was known throughout the City of Oakland and the San Francisco Bay Area, for maintaining strong spiritual and academic standards. In 2004, Dr. Patten passed away and with her went the torch for the standards she was known for over 50 years. Sadly since her passing the school has steadily declined spiritually and the academics aren't much to speak about. The principal is incompetent and has hand-picked her teachers, most of whom she keeps under her thumb. For years the enrollment was over 200 students and it has dwindled to barely 100.

Small class sizes, a faculty who views teaching as a calling and not just a job, and a large array of extracurricular opportunities makes this an amazing choice.

My son is a true product of Patten. We had the priviledge of knowing and loving the founder of Patten , Dr. Bebe Patten. It is the continued vision of the school to raise up a child in Biblical truths as well as in academic disciplines. My son is a committed Christian as well as an academic . He scored in the 95% state test and SATs. He has attended Patten since Kindergarten and is a recent graduate. He is flourishing in the college of his choice and will , no doubt, be adequately prepared for his future vocation as a medical doctor. Thank you Patten Academy!

Patten Academy of Christian education is the right choice if you want to have your child prepare with a sound educational background, as a parent I can said that the Academy educate my 4 children with the whole concept of body, mind and soul integration, as a result of that my 4 children have excel in life, two with University degrees and two serving our nation, Thanks Patten Academy for all you have done for my kids. Great, environment, spiritual formation and solid education.

I have 2 children who have attended the school since kindergarten. They have gotten great education with honors. The administration and staff are very caring. The class sizes are small. The music program has won multiple honors and state championships. They offer fun educational field trips for the students like Washington Dc, Week long camping at Ministry camps, All the major museums in east bay, the students compete in local and state science fairs. The students get involved in community projects.The emphasis on Christian character is number one. As a parent you always know what is going on with your child. The Administration and staff are approachable. It is a family like atmosphere. Every student that graduates either goes to a college/university of their choice, military, works and serve in the community. It is a jewel in the heart of oakland. It is a safe enviromment. Check it out if your public school keeps cutting back. There is no perfect school or familiy. I find the people who have negative things to say or complain are the ones who do not get involved and are generally negative about everything in life.

I have 2 children at Patten and I am very pleased with the school. The classroom size is 15-20 or less compared to the 30 in public school. The staff is very caring and work really hard. Patten is a good Christian school.

Patten Academy is one of the worst schools in Oakland the teachers don't teach and the students don't learn. I do not recommend sending your child there.

Patten Academy provides sound academic instruction, clear Biblical truths and great music and sports programs. Children need a wholistic approach to education. Mind, soul, and body are considered. Excellent Job!

Last modified Patten Academy Of Christian Education is a Private school that serves grades K-12