Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The teachers and staff are wonderful. There's a good sense of community. Good communication between staff and parents. Clean campus. The kids seem very happy. I love this school. My only complaint is the parking lot and pickup system. Not much they can do about it though.

Great teachers and great students. Much better than the concord schools my kids went too. Teachers are friendly and actually respond if you email them. I have seen the principal nearly every day after school in the front helping the kids and talking to parents. Parents at this school are also friendly and participate more than any other school I have seen. Teachers are very well organized and know the curriculum. Great school!

Both of my boys have attended this school only since Kindergarten, my youngest is still there and in 4th grade, and my oldest was there K-5. I would highly recommend this school, great program, great organization, great teachers, modern technology in classrooms and a modern style of teaching! I would not be able to recommend Ironhouse any higher!

I've had 2 children pass through Iron House Elementary. My youngest is now a 5th grader and this will be her last year. I have nothing but good things to say about this school, from physically being well maintained, to awesome staff and a wonderful principal. They have current technology and go out of their way to keep up with current teaching/learning curriculum. I truly feel my kids have benefited from having attended Iron House. Of course it is/was a California Distinguished school as well!

I RATE THIS SCHOOL A 10 AS 10 BEING THE HIGHEST. THEY GO OVER AND BEYOND TO HELP THE KIDS AND THEY ARE A TEAM. THE PRINCIPAL MRS.GARNIER MAKES SURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD WITH THE PARENT DECISION. I LOVE IRON HOUSE

I am very pleased with the teachers and staff at this school. I have has nothing but positive experiences with the teachers my children have and also with the wonderful and supportive office staff.

Very difficult to deal with teachers, my first grader was continuously bullied. No one seemed to care, I finally took him out of this school.

My daughter attends Iron House Elementary. This has been an excellent school. She is reading, doing math and all other subjects beyond her grade level now. Her teachers have all been amazing and very caring of each student. They have given her extra work to keep her really challenged and are very good about giving praise when the children do well. The classrooms are an inviting place to learn. The staff are all caring and help to ensure each student gets what they need to get a good education. I highly recommend this school. I was going to have my child go to a private school, but after her Kindergarten year, I would never switch.

My daughter is very advanced for her age thanks to this school!!! Teachers and staff are super friendly and try their best to help students advance! Very clean school.

it's a shame when a school's leadership will undermine and use underhanded tactics to be awarded the "distinguished school" award. It is also a shame when the teachers seem so under-educated that eventhey are not able to speak correct English, i.e. "Look at the big giant cloud." It is also upsetting to observe some of the tactics used by the PTA and the lack of welcome they offer to the parent body as a whole. Also, CA law requires all elementary students to receive 20 minutes of PE every day, recess to not be included, yet the students are punished by having PE won or lost dependent on in class work completion as well as the PE mandate not even being included in the daily schedule but rather a "maybe" status. when PE is offered, it is a teacher observing their classroom playing on the playground with no real "physical education"

Last modified Iron House Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.