Oakley, CA

Posted August 08, 2013
I have two children attending Vintage and I couldn't be happier with their program. I have volunteered in many of the classrooms and I have observed top notch education happening. The teachers are creative, energetic, and caring. The parents I've interacted with are very involved with their children. I feel lucky to be a part of the Vintage Parkway community.

Posted August 01, 2013
Our family loves this school. Both my children have attended Vintage and the education they received has allowed them to excel and become responsible students. The teachers I have met are all so great and do all they can to inspire the students to want to excel also. They create a fun learning enviroment with rewards for accomplishing goals. I highly recommend Vintage Parkway if you have the privilege fort your children attend.

Posted September 08, 2012
This is my third year volunteering at Vintage in my grandchildrens classes. I have worked at other elementary schools in near by towns and find Vintage a much better school. The students show respect to everyone and they know the rules and that there are consequences for not following them. The teachers actually like being there and show that love to the students.The principal is at school functions and very involved with students and parents. As parents please stay in contact with the teachers it's important for your children. It only gets harder when they go to middle and high school. High school seems to be worse. In my dealings with A high school in another district one teacher announced to the class that he was there for a paycheck and to go to afterschool tutoring if they needed help. A counselor told me that my questions were condescending, that she had seniors to help graduate, that I was being "mean" and not to email her again. Be very happy that you have a staff at Vintage that cares. They are great and Oakley is very lucky.

Posted May 25, 2010
This is my child's first year at Vintage Parkway Elementary and coming here from out of the area this school is by far excellent. I love that the teacher's motto is "No work, No Play!" and they provided organizers for the children to help them stay on task and prioritize their homework responsibility. Anytime I have any questions the teacher is always right there with answers and support. The only stipulation I do have is there should be more funding to this school and it seems as though they are not provided that, but overall my rating for this school is definitely a 4 start.

Posted September 18, 2008
My children have been attending Vintage Parkway Elementary for several years. We have had nothing but positive learning experiences in that time! My kids are challenged, and are excited about learning!

Vintage Parkway Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2008
As a person that went to schools in the SF area, Vintage is a great school for my kids the teachers are so great at keeping me updated. I am a Divorced parent with 3 kids that go to Vintage and I work full time. My children may tend to try to get away with not doing homework but the teachers keep me updated with that very fast.

Posted February 27, 2008
Vintage is the absulute best! The teachers are of the highest quality. Parents are very involved in school activities and welcome on capus anytime. My son has loved every teacher he has had Mrs.Gardiner,Mrs.Kobold and Mrs.Merrill. They are all exceptional teachers with a calling. My daughter can't wait until her kindergarten sleepover with her teacher Mrs.Gardiner and her friends. My kids are going to have such great memorys.

Posted March 21, 2006

Posted September 21, 2005
My Daughter is in 1st grade this year, her 2nd year at vintage. I have found the office staff to be very pleasant, yet professional and understanding as well as helpful. Last year my daughter had a broken leg and the entire staff was on board trying to make her as comfortable as possible, especially her teacher Mrs. Gaul, who's patience and understanding made such an enormous difference to us, she is a truly gifted teacher and person! This years teacher seems to be living up to the standards that have been set by Mrs. Gaul with ease. Unfortunately I haven't had an oppurtunity to talk with her as much as I would like. But Mrs. McElwain seems to have made an impression on my daughter and that is what counts!

Vintage Parkway Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2005
It is always the same parents that are involved in the school year after year. As far as I know, they do not have an art program or a sports program. Band is only offered for 5th grade and just a few select instruments. I personally do not like that my child always has to help the 'needy' kids in her class. There is definetly more funds going to resource or ELL than to the GATE program where they should be focusing on those kids who aspire to do more.

Vintage Parkway Elementary School
1000 Vintage Parkway, Oakley, CA  94561
Last modified Vintage Parkway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vintage Parkway Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top