K-8|Private

Bad
Good

We are new to OAE this year and it's fantastic! The teachers and staff really care for the kids - it's like a second family. I also love the small class ratio. I feel like the kids really get the attention they need from the teachers. The tuition is also a bargain compared to other private schools. I do wish the classrooms were a little bigger and had more offerings like robotics, musical instruments, etc. in lower grades - but that's something I can seek outside of school. Overall, it's a great value for the education and support from teachers.

We have attended OAE for a number of years. Our children have flourished and I am watching their character grow with each year. As Parents we all have different standards/expectations for our childrens academia. I also feel as parents we have to be realistic and supplement where we can. Our teachers are amazing, our principal is supportive and listens when we need her to. Each teacher has their special talent grown out of love for these kids and a love of God. If you want your children to have God in their hearts and have strong character traits, This is the school for you! If you want your children to achieve Rhode Scholarship, they may..because these kids are getting the foundations of academics needed ; but you will have to work a little too to make that happen.....The tuitiont is perfect, the parents are great and our Mascot is a Dolphin! What else could you ask for!

I agree with most reviewers that this is a great little school with several outstanding teachers. Unfortunately, I do not believe the principal is skilled in dealing with certain behavioral problems some children may have. Her communication with parents sometimes falls short. Also, her relationship with certain teachers clouds her judgment. In my opinion the second grade teacher has no business teaching. She is a sweet lady and loves music but those are not the credentials needed to teach. I feel second grade was a complete waste for our child and a waste of money. Other than the second grade teacher and the principal, I feel Oceanside Adventist is a fine school. However, a number of parents have changed schools following their experience in second grade. We are looking into changing schools, as well.

This school is amazing. Not only are our kids happy, they are being challenged academically each and every day. The staff and principal are so loving and helpful. Our children are in a safe environment with all great and highly involved parents and students. All of this creates the most phenomenon school. We are so grateful to have found this school.

I relocated from DC for the express purpose of enrolling my daughter in OAE. The teachers are wonderful and friendly. They challenge the students to excel in their studies and they spend the time helping them understand the subject matter. It is a distinct pleasure to see the kids "want to go to school" because they love the teachers. Besides learning the basics, they receive a strong Christian foundation and a love for G-d that manifests itself in a Christ-centered lifestyle. Besides the basics, they offer musical training on instruments and in voice. I can think of no other school I would want my daughter to attend.

This school has such a warm, caring atmosphere. I love the teachers and students. I know my child is in a safe environment where they will be nurtured and cared for. I wouldn't sent my chlld anywhere else.

My husband and I feel so priviledged to find this school. The teachers are so nice and helpful. She has recieved a well rounded education. Academics is important, but so are music, art, physical education, self-expression and Christian values. Our child was welcomed right in and doesn't want to leave the school. Our youngest child will be in Kindergarten this year and we wouldn't think of sending him anywhere else.

I would have to greatly disagree with the last review. Our child not only grew academically, but the 5th & 6th grade teacher makes an extra effort to teach students to grow with God. A quality not easily found. It was amazing to see our child grow in character as well as academically.

All the staff at OAE, has surpassed my expectations and beyond. My Child started in 5th grade and my biggest regret is that he didn t stay until 6th grade and on. Although we moved out of the area, my husband and I always tell our friends about OAE. They have a set phenomenal middle school teachers (5th-8th) that I believe will get them ready for the world ahead of them in high school and even college. We firmly believe that this school upholds the Adventist values and teaching curriculum and most importantly, our son loved his friend and teacher there. I cannot recommend this school any higher.

I attended OAE from Kindergarten through 8th grade and absolutely loved it. I felt as though I grew not only academically but spiritually as well. It is plain to see that the teachers care for each child's well being and want to help them become well rounded. Some of my best memories are from OAE and I created life long friendships. I thank OAE from the bottom of my heart for choosing teachers that care and daily show the love of Christ. When I have kids of my own I would love to send them to OAE. I highly recommend OAE to anyone who is looking for a safe environment, a place that prepares you for the world ahead and also a community of people that daily spread the word and love of God. If you choose OAE you are making one of the best decisions for your child's education.

Last modified Oceanside Adventist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8