K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My kids have been attending OAE for a couple years now, following a friend who had done her research. In the first couple years it was difficult to gauge how much my kids were learning. My oldest is very shy and when prompted, she would have difficulty performing aloud such as reading. It wasn't until 3rd grade when we could actually see results, primarily from the ITBS tests. The test revealed my oldest was at the higher average range. The school overall was just above average. Now my oldest, still shy, has more confidence in her academics. Her current teacher assigns extensive handwriting assignments and I was impressed with the level in which my child was understanding and translating what she learned onto paper and also excelling in math. My younger child is more outgoing and excels in math primarily and I'm looking forward to see how his ITBS scores will be. Looking back at my children's younger years, I appreciate each of the teacher's unique approach to teaching. The great thing about private school is it is not micromanaged by the government. The principal and school conference decides what will work best in each situation. The kindergarten teacher is loving, welcoming, inspiring, and creative. The first grade teacher is scientific, creative and encourages enjoying the outdoors. The second grade teacher strengthens or inspires any musical talents, community service, writing and math skills. And the list goes on. Lastly, the church and the school have made substantial sacrifices that have made being able to afford sending our children to a private Christian school possible, so we are truly grateful. This is not a "rich" school in the monetary sense, but it is rich in the happiness, laughter, spiritual growth, love for learning and exploring, and trust in a Christian environment. My children's academic success and confidence, thus far, is an indicator of how well this small school has slowly built a foundation that children can grow from.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Each teacher gives what is appropriate for their grade level but very aware of the need for family time and off time at home. The teachers are smart and know that learning doesn't just happen with a piece paper and a pen.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a nurse, I feel like this school played a pivotal role in laying the foundation for me as a compassionate memeber of society with a heart for helping others.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There were projects assigned for teaching time management, group projects, and day to day homework of what was not finished in class. I had no problem transitioning to high school after graduating from this school.

As a former student I can personally vouch for how amazing it is to have attended this school. I graduated from here and was very prepared for high school, where I was a member of the national honor society and varsity. I was a student of the current 4th grade teacher, who is very experienced and has her masters in education. The environment is like a family. Every teacher knew my name. Class sizes were small and I never lacked support when I needed it. Now I am a mom and have moved back to the area so that my kids can attend this school. ALL the teachers are credentialed, five have their masters. There are Fine Arts Fridays, small sports tournaments with other Adventist schools, weekly Chapels with student participation, and elective music classes after school. There's after school care available for parents who work. CALL AND ASK FOR YOURSELF! EVERYONE IS SUPER FRIENDLY!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Being a small school, I felt like any situations that arose were recognized by my teacher as they happened or before, she never needed to be notified about it afterwards. She would talk with us, let us cry (jr high girls), and pray with us.

Supports LD students: Agree

Within reasonable limits all the teachers I know have made accommodations for students with special needs. But they will not hesitate to assist parents in finding outside help if their child needs it. I know several who personally have done this.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Each teacher understands what that grade needs and is capable of. A kinder needs more freedom than intense structure. A 3rd grade teacher understands that the children are more capable of sitting for longer periods... I think the teachers personalities fit their grade levels meticulously.

I have sent 4 children to this school. All are succeeding wonderfully in life and I attribute a lot of their successes to the opportunities that this school provided. Numerous musical performances, art projects and learning in a loving, non judgmental way. They have left this school and even managed 4.00 GPAs in highschool ...which I attribute to the school being academically strong. I personally appreciated the way the teachers each were able to teach them at their individual levels... And finally, the sacrifices the church members, parents and non church members have made, make the tuition extremely AFFORDABLE.... in comparison to any other private school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Private schools are not privy to a lot of special needs ammenities that public schools get provided them. But, I have seen through the years, accommodations made for special teaching needs... and also, I have seen teacher gently encourage parents to test and link them with specialist and schools for their specific needs...

Last modified Oceanside Adventist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8