K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Save your money and send your kids to a local school or seek out a public charter schools in North County like Phoenix Learning Center or Coastal Academy. This school is perfect if you are looking for a bible school with lots of scriptures studying all day. There is no technology, no art program, no music instrument, no PE, no science. It does provide a safe, environment for the kids. Hot lunch is prepared by volunteer parents. It's all 100% vegetation meals. They do have the after school day care, but then again, the entire school is like a daycare for working parents. Kids have fallen behind once they leave this school. The academics is not rigorous or challenging at all. It's really sad how this once great school has fallen below sub-par. Only 3 out of 9 teachers have credentials. The 2nd and 4th grade teachers should not be teaching at all. Complete wasted year for my kids. We moved schools and the kids tested way below their grade level. I am so upset I trusted this school to educate my kids. This school needs to do the kids a favor by closing down and saving all the parents the money. It's inevitable that they will close down within the next 4-5 years as enrollment dwindles.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

The teachers' approach is to send the kids in a corner to stand by himself.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

There is absolutely no services provided for IEP students, English learners, or any kind of learning differences.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There is currently no leadership at this school. The previous principal passed away and ever since then, the lack of leadership drove away all previous love and care for the students. This has created a problem of lack of accountability on the teachers.

Develops character: Neutral

Religion is heavily incorporated into every aspect of the school. And if you are not Adventist, it can be a challenge.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

There are a couple of teachers who are great, about 3 of 9. These same three teachers have credentials. One, does not speak English and the students could not understand 90% of what she says. This teacher would then yell at the kids for asking her to repeat herself.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My kids never get homework. If homework is sent home, it's worksheets and never writing or projects.

We are new to OAE this year and it's fantastic! The teachers and staff really care for the kids - it's like a second family. I also love the small class ratio. I feel like the kids really get the attention they need from the teachers. The tuition is also a bargain compared to other private schools. I do wish the classrooms were a little bigger and had more offerings like robotics, musical instruments, etc. in lower grades - but that's something I can seek outside of school. Overall, it's a great value for the education and support from teachers.

We have attended OAE for a number of years. Our children have flourished and I am watching their character grow with each year. As Parents we all have different standards/expectations for our childrens academia. I also feel as parents we have to be realistic and supplement where we can. Our teachers are amazing, our principal is supportive and listens when we need her to. Each teacher has their special talent grown out of love for these kids and a love of God. If you want your children to have God in their hearts and have strong character traits, This is the school for you! If you want your children to achieve Rhode Scholarship, they may..because these kids are getting the foundations of academics needed ; but you will have to work a little too to make that happen.....The tuitiont is perfect, the parents are great and our Mascot is a Dolphin! What else could you ask for!

I agree with most reviewers that this is a great little school with several outstanding teachers. Unfortunately, I do not believe the principal is skilled in dealing with certain behavioral problems some children may have. Her communication with parents sometimes falls short. Also, her relationship with certain teachers clouds her judgment. In my opinion the second grade teacher has no business teaching. She is a sweet lady and loves music but those are not the credentials needed to teach. I feel second grade was a complete waste for our child and a waste of money. Other than the second grade teacher and the principal, I feel Oceanside Adventist is a fine school. However, a number of parents have changed schools following their experience in second grade. We are looking into changing schools, as well.

Last modified Oceanside Adventist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8