PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 19, 2012
Excellent School! My daughter is completing her 1st year at NVCS and she absolutely loves it! As a kindergarten student she has been introduced to a christ-like environment offering a quality education. Not only is it excellent academically it is phenomenal in its friendly atmosphere allowing you to feel as part of a family. Every parent is involved. We have already re-enrolled and look forward to the next school year. 5 star rating! I definitely recommend this school.

Posted March 08, 2012
Excellent choice! From the very first day we toured the school, we felt we were truly in Paradise. The kids, teachers and staff welcomed our family with open arms. Boys were 2nd grade and preschool. We've had our boys in NV for the past 3 school years and LOVE the children, teachers, staff and parents. NVCS offers quality academics with spiritual emphasis, Safe location, Class size is small compared to public schools which gives the students the attention they need, grounds and facilities are phenomenal. We were very excited that all the students participate in Cross Country and Christmas & Spring plays. They offer volleyball and basketball to 4th graders on up. Onsite Karate, Homework Club, Mad Science, Spanish, Computer Lab, Library, Indoor gym and kid friendly auditorium. From Preschool/Daycare to Elementary. NVCS offers full-time kindergarten. Extended care is the most affordable in town and available to 6p.m. Multiple kids and military family discounts. We ve created many great friendships with other families. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a safe, warm and Christ-centered environment for their child.

New Venture Christian School 1

Posted April 01, 2010
My step-daughter 'graduated' from NVCS in '09. We were concerned her spring CST scores and CUM follow her for comparison. Sadly, NVCS administrators did not follow their professed Christian morals. After one year of asking, we were finally told in an email (we have it) that the 2009 CST results were not submitted for scoring due to lack of funds . Her CUM appears 'lost.' But rest well knowing NVCS and Pastor Shawn built a new multi-million $$ coffee shop and book store. My step-daughter went through four days of testing for no (zero) results. Our 10-year old missed the testing and is also in a public school. She's way behind her peers in both math and science. Her teacher told us to expect that and we appreciate her honesty. Were it only the same for the rest of the staff with Pastor Shawn to the head of the list.

Posted March 14, 2010
I recently toured Nvcs and was very impressed with everything I saw and heard about. One of my children will be entering kindergarden in the fall. We are looking for a local north co christain school that provides a quality academic and spiritual education including bible based teaching. Was pleased to hear that volleyball, cross country and baseball are offered from the 4th grade on. It is nice to know that the school does plan to expand to Hs in the future. The lunch area and auditorium is very kid friendly, fun and practical. Also the indoor gym is painted w cute murals and makes it a very exciting space. The kids playing in there as in the outdoor playground sports area all appeared to be very happy. Nv is in a very safe and quiet residential neighborhood. The k sch balanced & vigorous. We are highly considering this school.

New Venture Christian School 2

Posted January 21, 2009
New Venture has wonderful teachers from preschool on up. The teachers show their love for Christ and their love for our children very clearly. If you want more choices of programs such as art music sports this is not the school for you. Extended care and summer camp lack activities and play areas are very limited. My children often complained and did not like the head supervisors stating they were mean and I have witnessed them being very rude although there was a few very nice laddies and gentlemen who did work the after school program my children grew to love but due to unclear reasons some of these staff are gone but a little few remain. If your child is needing a place in the classroom that is fun, loving and full of Christ this is the school for you!

New Venture Christian School

Posted August 02, 2008
If you are looking for a school that works with Biblical curriculum and incorporates learning strategies, then New Venture is it!

Posted August 01, 2007
We have 4 children that currently attend NVCS and love it. My oldest has been there from preschool and is now entering 5th grade. It truly is a family atmosphere and one that is so Christ-centered that my children are not just fed academically but so much so spiritually, too. Every single teacher we've had throughout the years has far exceeded our expecations. Class size is small so the kids are really given the attention they need and the resource program is excellent!

Posted August 01, 2007
My sons (3rd grade) and (K) have loved being at New Venture. My 3rd grader has grown both academically and spiritually at our home away from home. The teachers are amazing and the administration is making New Venture Christian Schools the best Christian school around. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a warm, living, and Christ-centered environment for their child.

New Venture Christian School 1

Posted July 15, 2007
I have 3 daughters that attended this school. The 2 oldest from K-5th and the youngest Kinder & 3 months of 1st. I also worked for the church for several years. The teachers each of my children had were great but the turnover in staff is very very high. They claim to be growing but all they are doing is hiring replacements. From my first daughter's Kinder year to her 5th grade year there was 5 principals 2 were fill ins till someone was hired and the school went without a real principal for over a year. My daughters did well academically because of the teachers.

Posted May 26, 2005
This school is very good. There is diversity which I was looking for. Not only with the students but also, with the teachers. They are small enough for indiviualized teaching but large enough to feel like 'school'. I would highly recommend this school. The P.E. program is outstanding!

New Venture Christian School
4000 Mystra Way, Oceanside, CA  92056
Last modified New Venture Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8