Public charter
Oceanside, CA
After care: No

Posted September 07, 2014
My high schooler was struggling in a traditional school setting. I moved him to PVCS and the results have been so overwhelmingly amazing that I moved my elementary schooler here. The one on one attention that the kids get is the trick. All of the elementary supplies come directly from K12 and are brand new. High school supplies have always been adequate and available. The teachers actually care about the students succeeding. My kids want to go to school and my older one stays all day after class is over to study because of the supportive nature of the teachers. We couldn't ask for a better education for our kids.

Posted October 31, 2011
My student had several different Supervisory Teacher over just a few months. These change in teachers were disruptive to my child's learning and confidence.

Posted August 26, 2011
If you are tired of dealing with schools that do not care about your child as an individual then send your child here. This school will keep you well informed as to how your child is doing and work hard along with you as a parent to make sure your child gets the help he or she needs. Your child will get the one on one attention they deserve. HIgh school has an online program but you can meet up with your teacher online and they will help you one on one. It is great! I have even had teachers assist my child with difficulty over the weekend when he has needed it. GREAT SCHOOL and GREAT TEACHERS. The main teacher for Online 9-12 will answer questions ASAP and is very helpful. In fact all teachers that we have dealt with thus far have gone far and above our expectations.

Posted August 13, 2011
Last year (2010-2011) was my son's first year at PVCS. My son had attended another High School earlier in the year and dreaded going to school. His teachers at the other school were less than enthusiastic about assisting him when he struggled. I have to say that switching my son to PVCS was the BEST decision I ever made. He has excelled since starting at this school and did great on Star testing. He gets up motivated to learn which is something he had lost at his old high school. As a parent I love the quick feedback I get from all of his teachers and the ability to see his progress online any time of the day. If you are a parent that wants to be actively involved in your child's success at school and feel that our contemporary system is shutting you out then this is the school for you.

Posted August 07, 2011
This school cares for it's students and faculty. If you need a school that fits your childs need PVCS is your best bet.

Posted February 20, 2011
My son has a mild case of Asperger's and a lot of trouble with anxiety. Change always triggers it, but I should have put him in PVCS a lot sooner! For the first time, school triggered no anxiety! He got straight A's at PVCS; he's motivated, so I never had to nag him. He rarely needed my help. He thrived at PVCS, and his teacher was fabulous. (He graduated 2010). The program is flexible enough for kids to make up some credits. The high school students meet once a week one-on-one with their teachers, and they have that same teacher all the way through high school so things go much smoother! Some classes have labs (only 10 - 15 kids) that meet twice a week and there's a computer lab. The kids take 2 classes at a time for about 6 weeks each. They do all the work at home, so if your child refuses to do school work at home, this this is not a good fit. Otherwise, it's great! We wanted our son to have social interaction at regular schools, but when he got to high school he became even more withdrawn, so regular high school just made that worse. I will always be grateful for the people at PVCS!!!

Pacific View Charter School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
My child has been attending PacView for 3 years. The set up is super for kids with anything by the 'norm' learning styles. The personal interaction he gets each week with his teacher helps hold him accountable, but also provides an opportunity for her to get to know him and us well. Other posts have stated they do not offer art, but my son has had two art classes in the past, so maybe things have changed. If your child is struggling in a typical school, you may want to investigate this alternative. The only drawback that I can see is there isn't quite so much social interaction. But we love the flexible schedule and the unique approach to class schedules.

Posted November 11, 2008

Posted September 23, 2008
Pacific View is a sham. The materials are hand me downs with missing text and supplementary books, learning materials and classroom equipment. They DO NOT offer the Art & Music portion of the K12 program or classes at the YMCA. Questions on what was missing led to curt, condescending retorts. Have a child with special needs? Three weeks in and not a peep from a resource teacher, nor any kind of compliance with the standing IEP. We switched to CAVA (California Virtual Academy) and got brand new boxes overflowing with the rich, amazing curriculum that is K12. All the books, materials and equipment. Our IEP was completed as the final element of the enrollment process, and services are being set up in our area. Now my son asks, Are we going to do school work? When in fact, he s halfway through a day. Go with CAVA. You won t regret it.

Posted September 16, 2008
My son would have dropped out of high school. Pacific View spent time in showing what credits he needed, when and how to get his diploma. One on one & weekly encouragement was his success. As a parent, this school cares about each student and their success.

Pacific View Charter School
3670 Ocean Ranch Boulevard, Oceanside, CA  92056
Last modified Pacific View Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pacific View Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top