Public charter
Oceanside, CA

Posted December 07, 2014
If your child doesn't "fit in the box" at your local public school, this school is a great choice. Teachers care and work with parents to find the right learning options for each student. Highly recommend this to any parent looking for a quality education for their children.

Posted December 07, 2014
Our sons started school at our neighborhood school and we spent two and a half years there. My older son had learning difficulties and was beginning to describe himself as dumb. I was very worried, as my son - a 2nd Grader - had begun to walk with his head down and lose interest in learning. My decision to switch my children to Coastal Academy was made in desperation. I felt that I just had to try an alternative to traditional schooling. My sons have now been at Coastal for two years and they're both thriving. They're energized and empowered and excited to learn about everything. Not only are my boys happier, my husband and I are happier too! As a family, we all learn and experience so much together. We could never go back to a traditional educational environment. Coastal Academy is the place for us!

Coastal Academy 4

Posted November 13, 2013
Our school is wonderful! They have done such a great job in giving the parents the freedom to teach their children but ensuring that children meet the state's standards (we as parent educators don't have to worry about that). It's hard to pair educational freedom with meeting standards - especially when "standards" are not always important to parents who homeschool their children. We are bound by them, yet feel that we have to meet the Common Core Standards. There is so much more to learn - such a vast and rich amount of knowledge for our children to acquire and yet they are educationally oppressed by busy work in traditional schools. This school operates "out of the box" and has done an outstanding job in partnering with parents to teach our children. Children really do LEARN something! This is an "untraditional" and exceptional school for families who want something different for their kids.

Posted October 28, 2013
This is our second year attending Coastal Academy and we're loving it! Such a great community of kids, teachers and parents. There are so many enrichment opportunities made available at Coastal Academy that just aren't possible at traditional public schools. We are thrilled our children are receiving such a well rounded education.

Posted October 28, 2013
My daughter has been attending Coastal Academy for 7 years now. It is an excellent school and we recommend it to any parent who desires to be involve in their kids education. Awesome staff!

Posted October 23, 2013
This is my second year sending my children to Coastal Academy and the more time I am at the school the more I fall in love with it. The teacher/parent partnership is invaluable. The school combines homeschooling with in-classroom schooling and I really do feel like my children are getting the best of both worlds. The staff is so dedicated to the kids and parents and there is always a great energy about the campus. I feel very fortunate to be able to send my kids to this charter school! Highly recommend.

Posted October 23, 2013
My daughter is in 8th grade and loves this school!! That alone says a lot. She hated our public middle school for a long list of reasons. Coastal is a charter school that is extremely well-run. They don't use the online K-12 system that's advertised on TV; we tried that 2 years ago and it has way too many flaws. The curriculum at Coastal is far superior - they use a variety of sources and the curriculum is well-crafted, well thought out, and coordinated. For example, assignments in Writing are intertwined sometimes with work in Science, and sometimes with work in History The teacher-student ratio at Coastal is excellent, communication between the school/teachers and parents is easy and welcome, and one of my daughter's favorite things is that the kids rarely use swear words - probably because there are always adults nearby. Coastal also offers more options for things like music, art, and drama. There are several different "tracks." "C-track" is home-schooling, and "M-track" is for 7th and 8th grades and helps transition the kids from home-schooling into high school: they work at home on Monday & Friday and attend school T, W and Th, and it works really well.

Posted October 21, 2013
Our school is amazing and completely outside of the box!!!! An environment where everyone is amazing teachers, staff, students And parents working together for the advancement in education for each individual student!!! Harmony and excellence!!!

Posted October 21, 2013
Coastal Academy just keeps getting better every year! The staff is always working to improve all aspects of the school!

Posted October 21, 2013
The school has programs to fit just about every kid needs, I signed my son in different ones , until finally found the one that serves him the best, we won't find this in any other school.He is happy and so am I.

Coastal Academy
4183 Avenida De La Plata, Suite 1, Oceanside, CA  92056
Last modified Coastal Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coastal Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 62 reviews. Top