Posted October 08, 2014
We are new to the state and were concerned with finding a good school in CA. The school and neighborhood have been so welcoming and eased the transition for a my military child. The parents are very involved and the PTA supplements many of the things the Ed system has cut so kids still have music, art and Phys Ed. Smart boards in the classrooms, and supplies for teachers. It's a great community that has welcomed us with open arms, and is providing my son with a great education.

Bonsall West Elementary School 1

Posted December 19, 2013
I was very excited to get my son into this school. I had met the Principle. I was super excited when his out of district transfer was accepted. We, like 1/4th of the population of the school are out of district transfers. I was very disappointed to find out just recently that their excellent school scores have more to do with fudging the numbers than actually putting their students first. They "cherry pick" from the out of district transfers and then "boot" the rest and bring in a whole other set of district transfer kids to "cherry pick" from. I fear this may be the real reason that they lost Mr. Jon Ray the amazing principle they had last year. This school puts their own funding and "status" above the needs of it's students. I think it's morally wrong and a true disappointment. For those of you who are having their children required to find another school: You have rights request a SST and take action. It's hard enough on a 5 year old to adjust to the first year of school. It's just not in the best interest of the child to then have to move him to another school, teacher, kids etc. Let's put the kids first Bonsall West!

Posted December 17, 2012
AMAZING school. From the principal to the custodian this school is top notch. We couldn't be happier with our experience. Wish we lived here when our oldest was in elementary! Mr. Ray makes you feel like family. So far all the teachers I have encountered are highly educated and passionate about children. My son LOVES to go to school. What a jem!

Posted November 03, 2012
Super happy with BW. First, principle is super awesome! Second, teachers and staffs are super educated and dedicated. Third, school system, drop off-pick up, award program is super pro. Forth, school environment is super nice and clean. I've seen nothing but goodness at BW. We love our K teacher. She is super good!

Posted August 15, 2012
This is just a request for my nephew as a student in this school ...Im asking for help to pick him up by your school bus ...his mother have a baby and walk an hour a day to shool just to take Justin Nacional to shool..her husband going to work early morning and she don't have a car to take my nephew to school...can you imagine going to school two hour a day with a littel baby and the raod is up and down ??? Please !!!! Address: 5562 Nanday

Posted March 31, 2012
This is the best Elementary school around! I cannot express in words how impressed I am with the staff. My daughter is in Miss Bruners kindergarten class this year. She entered kindergarten behind in the social aspects of it, and has just blossemed this year. I LOVE Miss B, she is the best kinder teacher I have ever came across. They are all great. We love Mr. Ray, and appriciate his dedication to the children. I volunteer at kindergarten, and am always so happy when I see how involved the teachers are. Thank you Bonsall West for going above and beyond.

Posted March 30, 2012
We are a military family and a parents to 4 children, and this is my oldest daughter's 4th elementary school. We have seen what else is out there, and by far, this school rocks it! From the smartboards and technology the students are using daily, to the genuine care from the teachers, to the outstanding principal, this is top quality. We are excited to be at Bonsall West, and even more excited the kids can stay here for a bit. I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for top notch academics, a caring staff, and up-to-date technology. My children look forward to going to school each day and have never asked to stay home - even wanting to go when they are sick. Thank you BW for being a greta partner is my children's education.

Posted January 11, 2012
I am a military wife and we move around a lot. This school by far is the best all around! The principal Mr. Ray is so wonderful! More schools should push to have a principal that loves kids and makes them excited about school and learning! I will be very sad when we have to leave! Go to a Morning Sing on Friday 8:00 and you will see for yourself!

Posted May 09, 2011
My daughter's first year in this school and couldn't be happier. We like that the teachers are involved with the student's academic progress. School ground is beautiful and very clean.. Plenty of great activities year round and many opportunities for parental involvement.

Posted March 03, 2011
I have 4 kids and 3 have already attended. We love the environment and the extra school activities. The teachers are always willing to listen and help our children succeed. The Principle is energetic and the kids just adore him. There is plenty of opportunity for parent involvement and we really love the feeling community at the school.

Bonsall West Elementary School
5050 El Mirlo Drive, Oceanside, CA  92057
Last modified Bonsall West Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonsall West Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top