Oceanside, CA

Mission Vista High School 3

Posted October 26, 2014
School is much better that Vista High or Rancho. However, the geometry teacher is not a good one and doesn't seem to want to help the students. Also, he doesn't seem to teach but rather talks about his family leaving the students to figure out stuff on their own. At the same time, he gives a lot of F's and D's. Shouldn't the school see by the grades and complaints that he's a bad teacher??!! Anyway, my child did very well there last year and is very discouraged by this very lousy teacher!!!

Posted June 22, 2014
Teacher rating is beyond a 5 STAR....Teachers make this school!! Principal rating is 1 star...no one likes him, he is not involved and I do not see that he likes the school or any of its programs...it is a paycheck for him and nothing else. Counselors are also a 1 star...should all be fired for not knowing their jobs.They can not even recommend to students what classes they should be taking to get into real colleges....not Jr. Colleges. California Colleges seem to be the only colleges that these people are willing to talk about. They know nothing about ACT or ACT subject tests that some states require you to have to get into their colleges. THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL. I AM HONEST WITH MY COMMENTS ESPECIALLY IF YOUR STUDENT WANTS TO EXCEL AND GET INTO COLLEGE. THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO. BUT BEWARE. YOU THE PARENT WILL NEED TO DO ALL THE RESEARCH ON WHAT CLASSES THEY (YOUR STUDENT) SHOULD BE TAKING AS THIS LIBERAL SCHOOL FEELS THE PARENTS SHOULD MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS AS WHEN IT COMES TO THE STUDENT PICKING THEIR CLASSES, AFTER EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE MINORS AND THEY DESERVE TO HAVE CHOICES TOO.NO MATTER WHAT THE OUTCOME OR HOW IT WILL MESS UP THEIR COLLEGE CHANCES.

Posted June 01, 2014
No Hispanic gangs!!! good choices in sports, love the school, my children have graduated but can not say enough about the teachers and the staff. They prepared them well for college Thank You Mission Vista!

Posted April 21, 2014
I am a Student at Missiin Vistia High School. I believe that this is one of the better schools in the Vistia School District for i have friends at Vista High and RBV. Students except each other for who they are and its a community. Clubs of all kinds uniting the student body for example; Asian Club GSA Anime Drama Club Book Club ect. I feel safe here and teachers principle and consolers are easier to talk to. I was a victum of bullying through out middle school so my perants were plaining on home schooling me untill we heard about MVHS. And i am glad we choose this school. The arts programs at fantastic as well as the science and technology programs. The only draw back is that there is no football or homecoming. But we do have peprallys.

Posted April 17, 2014
It's a great school for young people during their formative years. This school puts an emphasis on education like no other and it is quite competitive, making students really work hard and think

Posted February 20, 2014
Fantastic school Everyone gets along for the most part Students are engaged Teachers are amazing Just an accepting environment and very very talented students

Mission Vista High School 2

Posted February 20, 2014
It's a good school in comparison to say, Vista High or Rancho, but overall, the classes suck, the variety and diversity of the classes are atrocious, the councilors are less-than average, some of the teachers are really bad, most of the staff and students have little to no interaction, they waste your time with stupid get-togethers in the theater, they seem to specifically focus on 2-year or 4-year colleges, and have the look of pity if you mention a community college or a trade school; God forbid you don't know how the college system words. They vaguely explain it to you, if not at all. You have to make an appointment to meet with some of the staff, they set up your schedule, sometimes, in a way that sets you up for failure (I've had it happen for 3 years so far) and say "There's nothing we can do". They never keep promises. They don't balance time well. The 4 x 4 is a great idea, and it's neat to put into play, but they don't think about how scheduling can make it VERY difficult. Four classes a term, all AP, and four classes the next term, all electives? Impossible, and yet, they don't care; don't bother changing it. This has been a terrible experience. I regret it choosing here.

Posted December 01, 2013
I am a Student at Missiin Vistia High School. I believe that this is one of the better schools in the Vistia School District, for i have friends at Vista High and RBV. Students except each other for who they are and its a community. Clubs of all kinds uniting the student body, for example; Asian Club, GSA, Anime, Drama Club, Book Club, ect. I feel safe here and teachers, principle, and consolers are easier to talk to. I was a victum of bullying through out middle school so my perants were plaining on home schooling me untill we heard about MVHS. And i am glad we choose this school. The arts programs at fantastic as well as the science and technology programs. The only draw back is that there is no football or homecoming. But we do have peprallys.

Mission Vista High School 4

Posted November 07, 2013
This is a good school and the teachers are great at communicating in a timely manner with the parents; however, the principal was arrogant when I disagreed that my daughter would have to do detention for being late. It was my fault she was late. I strongly believe as a child development teacher, that you do not punish the child for the parent's mistake in judgment.. He put words in my mouth that I did not say and never addressed the issue of the traffic during drop off which hinders the children from being on time for the first bell. Really like the vice president. He is always smiling and greeting parents when he sees them.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is a good school much better than Vista High or El Camino High I don't see a lot of gangster looking kids and not many fights . No girls walking around with babies . this school its mostly whites and Hispanic very few black students but they have lots of clubs for the kids not many sports. Generally a nice school kids have a chance of graduating early because of the way the schedule the work load for them.

Mission Vista High School
1306 Melrose Drive, Oceanside, CA  92057
Last modified Mission Vista High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Vista High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top