Posted March 30, 2014
My son attended kindergarten at this school. I've been told by his teacher that he is the youngest of the class, he can't focus, can't finish his work on time compare to other students. She mentioned because he is youngest of all he'll always be at the bottom of the class. Turned out my son is in the gifted program. I'm so glad I moved him to a much better school. Mary Fay by far is the worse school I've ever seen.

Posted January 14, 2014
When we first moved to Camp Pendleton we heard so many good things about Mary Fay. My child has been there for 3 years now and each year it has become worse. The communication between parents and the school is horrible. My daughter is in the new middle school that Mary Fay tried to build and I finally have had enough. We are relocating her to another school. The school is over crowded and there is a sense of a clique among the PTA. The website says a class size is 20 which is a horrible lie a regular class size is no LESS than 35. The school does have the potential to be a whole lot better but as of right now, our kids deserve a lot better.

Posted January 14, 2014
Run!! Your child is not in good hands at this school!!! This is school has so many hidden problems that no one see until after their child is in rolled in it. Cliques among Admin., staff, PTSA (they are really BAD) and volunteers. Being bullied is not addressed they way the school say it will be. They went to this common core learning and now the school is failing from what the state says. That 8 out of 10 is a lie because most of the kids tested in the school are no longer there the next year. Your child could go into the school getting great test scores and then get to MFP and their score will come back failing.Class rooms are over crowed and most teachers have to many kids in their class to really give the children in their class the right teaching they need. If your child needs anything special to help them learn until you demand the help the school could care less about what they may need. I only have the next few months left at this school because we move in July but my child has been here three years and in that time I have learned that if you live in the areas that go to this school just RUN!! DONT SUBJECT YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL AND THE PEOPLE WHO RUN IT !!!

Posted July 27, 2013
Not very good.....Mr. Dominguez seems very disorganized . My younger child was in a class of 34 and my older child had 29 in his class. The one bright spot was Mr. Corica (sixth grade teacher) who was transfered out by the principal. I have one more year before we move and I might just get the heck out of dodge.

Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School 5

Posted October 12, 2012
This is my son's third year at this school and I have nothing but good things to say about it! The new administration is wonderful and is getting the school organized and implmenting new programs. The teachers are amazing and work well to provide the best education for our students. One teacher was even nominated and is one of the top ten finalists for Teacher of the Year for San Diego county!!

Posted September 21, 2012
Our daughter attended Kindergarten here and we disenrolled her after one month. There were 32 children in the kindergarten classroom with one teacher and NO aide. It was so over crowded that some kids sat on the floor and some sat in chairs during group work. Even though we liked her teacher, it was not a good environment for learning and very slow at making progress. We discussed our concern with the Principal (he's new this year) but there was nothing he could do about it. All of the kindergarten classes were way over crowded and averaging 31-35 students with no aides to help the teacher.

Posted September 21, 2012
My son attended Kindergarten for the first time this year. He was born in September, just in the middle of their cut out. I was informed by his teacher that he isn't doing good. He is gonna be at the bottom no matter what, because he is the youngest and immature. When I talked to her and try to help all I got was I should move my son down to preppie class. What kind of teacher would you your kid is stupid? Not to mention the first day of school my son was left outside in front of their little office when he supposted to ride the bus home. No staff or his teacher would help and assist him to the bus. Second day he was in the wrong bus. Can you imagine waiting for your kid to get home, but he isn't there? I talked the K leader, and principle assistant, and his teacher. They all made it sound like it is my son responsibility to remember which bus to catch on the second day of school. His teacher doesn't seem passion about making kids being the best they can be. She is good at nothing much she can do to help, she seems overwhelmed by 32 kids in her class. I'm miserable and fear for my son. I will pull him out of this school. Very bad school.

Posted September 18, 2012
This is my first year at this school and I have heard nothing but great things about it. I have a VERY different opinion. I have never seen a more disorganized school. There is a lack of communication between parents and the school. They give out important info at the last minute. They have marked my child absent when I put her on the bus leaving me scared and wondering if something happened to her between the bus and her class. They have also not put her on the bus and again leaving me wondering what on earth has happened to my child. This is a military base, this school needs to clearly get its act together and PRONTO!! All together making me feel my children aren't safe there!

Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2012
I have been very happy with Mary Fay's kindergarten program. By the end of the year my son was proficient in first grade sight words & even writing sentences. I couldn't be happier with his kindergarten teacher.

Posted December 16, 2011
This school has become so overcrowded! Actually It was already overcrowded last year, so what did they decide to do? They added an 8th grade this September to make the situation even worse. Combine that with the ever-shrinking budget, poor supervision (especially on the playground at recess) and an absent administration and then you may start to get an accurate picture of what's going on there. I can also tell you from first hand experience, if you have a gifted child then you will want to steer clear of this school. Their so-called "GATE" program exists in name only. I've been hearing for two years now how they are just about to start implementing it after the next break.. It's pretty sad considering how the needs of our gifted children... Our potential bright stars of the future.. are simply being over-looked. They truly have "extra" needs, and should be treated the same as any other "extra needs" group.. They definitely deserve better then an after school book club to meet those needs, that's for sure. One thing I can say for this school, is thank God for all the parent participation/volunteering!

Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School
110 Marine Drive, Oceanside, CA  92058
Last modified Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Fay Pendleton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top