Bad
Good

Posted January 17, 2008
I am a parent who actually attended Del Rio way back when. I am very pleased with the progress my children have made while attending this school. I agree with one parent that though the school definetly needs some work on the buildings, the teachers are awesome. My kids have had awesome teachers since they started attending there. My kids are always so excited to go to school each day, which makes me feel good as a parent. The staff are wonderful with the kids and the Principal this year is really neat. She spends time with the kids and gets to know them. I'm very pleased with this school...I'm proud to say that I'm an alumni of this school.

Del Rio Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2006
I hear Del Rio is a very good school in academic programs

Posted March 02, 2006
Del Rio is a very different school. I have been unbelievably impressed with the professionality and genuine care of staff members. My son has had the good fortune to loop with the same teacher for three years, and she is wonderful. The teachers are a cut above and choose to work in a school that isn't the most modern, or beautiful... but it certainly has heart. Not to go on and on about the teachers, but the way they hug one another, parents, and the children really shows that they have a genuine sincerity that makes the difference. The coursework is rigorous and is reflected in the test scores. The parents were recently notified that Del Rio has been awarded California Distinguished School. My older children attended other schools in the district and there is no comparison to this one.

Del Rio Elementary School 3

Posted June 01, 2005
Del Rio Elementary restructered the classes - so this year my K-student had a teacher that had only been teaching 1st grade for 20 some years - they placed this teacher in this class with the intention to keep the students in the same class for 2 years - mean my studen has the teacher now for K and next year for 1st grade - great concept right? Less changing of teachers - easily come back the next year and already be familiar with the students and so forth - so at a parent teacher night - I talked to my students teacher - who politley informed me that they may or may not be doing that program this year and 'that it still in the air' - I have thus far very disappointed with the teacher -parent interaction - I have called several times the teacher w/no return calls.

Del Rio Elementary School

Posted June 18, 2004
This school is very convenient, with great access to the local park and community center. The teachers are also really concerned with students' well-being.

Posted March 12, 2004
The staff at Del Rio are second to none. A superior accumulation of teachers and plenty of knowledge to go along with it. I just wish more parents would get involved in their childrens education.

Posted November 06, 2003
What a wonderful 'family-like' atmosphere the staff of Del Rio has created. The academic flavor is bar-none, the best this family has ever encountered in an elementary setting. My children are challenged both mentally and physically. I feel good about sending them to school each and everyday.

Del Rio Elementary School
5200 North River Road, Oceanside, CA  92057-3811
Last modified Del Rio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.