Posted June 12, 2014
I have a 1st and a 3rd graders attending this school. I can only say", "Excellent" I will never let my children go anywhere else. Great teachers and staff. I must also commend the parents. They are a very responsible and hands on class of people.

Posted February 23, 2014
I have a 5th and a 4th grader who have attended Ivey Ranch Elementary since Kindergarten. I am so glad my children had a chance to attend this school. First of all, my children are learning all subjects - reading, science, mathematics, social studies, art and drama. Each year the children get to participate in unique grade level fuel;d trips and activities. 4th grade was our favorite year so far. The students put on a play, take part in Gold Rush Days (a simulated gold mining town day) square dance, go to Rancho Adobe field trip, build missions with their classes, study native american life in CA, and more that I am probably forgetting. The best is 5th grade with whale watching field trips and a week at 5th grade camp in March without parents! In 4th and 5th grade students can play in strings and then in 5th they can play in band and/or strings. They have Biztown, Kids College, K Kids students leadership, a fun run, Halloween festivals, movie nights and much more. Much of these activities are supported by PTO. I am very happy to have my children attend Ivey Ranch.

Posted January 12, 2014
This school is amazing! It's not just a school, it's a community of people working together for the kids. My daughter has been at Ivey from kinder and now, 4th. Every teacher we have had has been excellent! She has learned so much during her time at the school. I love all the amazing programs and special events they have for their students. The PTO helps this school and the community so much! This is a really good school!

Ivey Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2014
Not sure why everyone is doing backflips to get in here. Yes test scores are high, however with the exception of a few stellar teachers I find the majority to be less than kind to the kids and the class sizes are around 30 students. I don't want my kids leaving here for the MLK middle school were security and drug sniffing dogs are the norm either. I will relocate ASAP.

Posted October 06, 2013
The teaching staff at this school is fantastic. The teachers put in a lot of effort and extra time to meet the needs of all students. They are supported by a wonderful volunteer support team of parents and community members. The principal is very visible and involved with the parents and the children. His energy and dedication to the school is amazing! The PTO is very involved in coordinating fun family events and works hard to raise much needed funds for the school to keep the many fantastic programs and technology available that help inspire students and support learning. This is a great public school that is managing to do it right! We are so grateful to be a part of this school community.

Posted September 27, 2013
From the time you drop your child off at school with Mr. Legg greeting all students each morning, to the time of pickup, this school excels! We have had an extremely positive experience with our son at this school. He learned and grew so much in his 1st grade year. I used to be in the classroom regularly and noticed professionalism throughout the day with my sons teacher. Unfortunately we have moved and we are missing Ivey every single day while we watch our son attend a less than stellar school (although highly rated). . . we struggle daily.

Ivey Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
I am so happy with the way the school has started the year off! My children are new to the district (1st and 3rd grade) and have been treated with such great care. I am super excited to see how the rest of the year goes. My 3rd grader came back after her first day excited to be learning something new on the first day!

Posted August 07, 2011
I love Ivey Ranch and feel so blessed to have my kids in school there. There is a lot of great moms and teachers who work together to make Ivey a great place for our kids to learn and have fun while doing it..I believe the PTO has done a great job for Ivey and have planned some really fun events in the past..I love our principal and we are so lucky to have him at Ivey. His engery is so contagious on campus and the kids love him.

Ivey Ranch Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
I agree with the last review 100%. My son is above grade average in all areas and he was a little bored in class last year. I had to supplement his home education at home to keep him challenged. The PTO was VERY cliquey, I felt like I was back in high school. The good news is that parents are very involved at IR. My son's class was full of parent volunteers every day. The principal is very visible, visits the classrooms daily (hard to do in a school this large). I think the racial mix is perfect - there are kids of all colors here but the focus is strictly on English. We planned on moving to a better school district years ago but have been pleasantly surprised by IR. Just wish we had better options for middle and high school.

Posted July 09, 2011
I love this school and it has been a blessing to have my son able to attend this school. The only issue we have found is the school's unwillingness/inability to provide a GATE program or alternative options for students who need to be more challenged. It seems to be a running problem and I am unsure how to fix it except to supplement at home. There will be a newly elected PTO in the fall of 2011, for which I am grateful for. The old PTO from the last 2 years has been very clique-ish and has detoured some great families from wanting to volunteer more. I am hoping the new PTO will allow for more events for students and opportunities for a wider range of volunteers. We also now have a new principal who has just been AMAZING to say least. He has changed the whole mood and environment of the staff and the students, which makes for a much better learning environment. I can't speak enough good things about him.

Ivey Ranch Elementary School
4275 Via Rancho Road, Oceanside, CA  92057
Last modified Ivey Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ivey Ranch Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top