Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I need to correct some inaccuracies from recent posts. The Oceanside school board reported at a meeting 3/10/16 that "school of choice" for the 2015/2016 school year was a total of 66 students (out of about 800), which is NOT 1 in 3. The school has been closed to new SOC students since 2010 (except for siblings and children of employees). SOC families did not "pile in after the school successes", they actually contributed to it as the students came from families that made education a top priority. So please stop blaming SOC kids for whatever problems you have with Ivey. Finally, Ivey no longer takes the STAR test because it is no longer exists, NOT because they're trying to hide failing test scores. Is Ivey crowded? Yes, it is. Is it still a great school and worth parking hassles? Yes, it is. They've somehow managed to cap my son's class at 24 students. Are more students coming? Yes, 150-200 over the next 2 years. Is the school going to change? Yes. The district is exploring options to expand the campus, contact them for details.

My son attended Ivey Ranch elementary from 2008 to 2013. At that time I would have rated Ivey a 5 star school, as they were one of only a handful of SD county schools to score 900+ on the STAR test. It WAS a great school. A lot has changed. Designed for 600 the school is now over 800 students. 1 of 3 students are out of district "school of choice families" who piled in after the schools successes. Additionally, OSide is allowing more new home construction in the area which will add another estimated 200 students. If you want a school overcrowded by 400 students and traffic jams in the neighborhood come on over. Ironically, the school no longer takes the STAR test. I wonder what it would score now?

Coming from a very good school I expected too much and was dissappointed. This school needs to be organized and staff needs to be trained so they know the procedure and some general information before school even starts. If it is not their area of responsiblity they can't answer your question even if it is a just a general question. I called on the first day to ask how the pick up drop off works but the receptionist/front desk staff have no idea I had to be put on hold while she asks somebody. My childs 1st grade teacher does not know what time her students eat lunch all she knows is the lunch break is 45min but don't know how it is being divided from lunch and playtime.!? They call it a family friendly school but It's been a week since the school started and have not received any welcoming email or any info that parents needs to know, webiste is not detailed with schedule either. 5th grader does not have snack time (they get hungry too!), wednesday minimum day 1st graders only have snack time and don't have lunch but get off at 1:05p. Pick up time is a mess at the back gate. Parents are in n out while the teachers are releasing younger kids to their parents.

I have a 1st and a 3rd graders attending this school. I can only say", "Excellent" I will never let my children go anywhere else. Great teachers and staff. I must also commend the parents. They are a very responsible and hands on class of people.

I have a 5th and a 4th grader who have attended Ivey Ranch Elementary since Kindergarten. I am so glad my children had a chance to attend this school. First of all, my children are learning all subjects - reading, science, mathematics, social studies, art and drama. Each year the children get to participate in unique grade level fuel;d trips and activities. 4th grade was our favorite year so far. The students put on a play, take part in Gold Rush Days (a simulated gold mining town day) square dance, go to Rancho Adobe field trip, build missions with their classes, study native american life in CA, and more that I am probably forgetting. The best is 5th grade with whale watching field trips and a week at 5th grade camp in March without parents! In 4th and 5th grade students can play in strings and then in 5th they can play in band and/or strings. They have Biztown, Kids College, K Kids students leadership, a fun run, Halloween festivals, movie nights and much more. Much of these activities are supported by PTO. I am very happy to have my children attend Ivey Ranch.

This school is amazing! It's not just a school, it's a community of people working together for the kids. My daughter has been at Ivey from kinder and now, 4th. Every teacher we have had has been excellent! She has learned so much during her time at the school. I love all the amazing programs and special events they have for their students. The PTO helps this school and the community so much! This is a really good school!

Not sure why everyone is doing backflips to get in here. Yes test scores are high, however with the exception of a few stellar teachers I find the majority to be less than kind to the kids and the class sizes are around 30 students. I don't want my kids leaving here for the MLK middle school were security and drug sniffing dogs are the norm either. I will relocate ASAP.

From the time you drop your child off at school with Mr. Legg greeting all students each morning, to the time of pickup, this school excels! We have had an extremely positive experience with our son at this school. He learned and grew so much in his 1st grade year. I used to be in the classroom regularly and noticed professionalism throughout the day with my sons teacher. Unfortunately we have moved and we are missing Ivey every single day while we watch our son attend a less than stellar school (although highly rated). . . we struggle daily.

I am so happy with the way the school has started the year off! My children are new to the district (1st and 3rd grade) and have been treated with such great care. I am super excited to see how the rest of the year goes. My 3rd grader came back after her first day excited to be learning something new on the first day!

I love Ivey Ranch and feel so blessed to have my kids in school there. There is a lot of great moms and teachers who work together to make Ivey a great place for our kids to learn and have fun while doing it..I believe the PTO has done a great job for Ivey and have planned some really fun events in the past..I love our principal and we are so lucky to have him at Ivey. His engery is so contagious on campus and the kids love him.

Last modified Ivey Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.