Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Jefferson Middle School 4

Posted December 03, 2015
This is our first year at Jefferson. We went to tour the school and we immediately had a good feeling about this school. I knew in years past they had some problems but I also know that with the new Principal and Vice Principal that things where and are greatly improving. One of the worst things we can do is stay close minded and believe that a school cannot improve. This school has and will continue to greatly improve. Mrs. O the principal truly has a heart and determination for these kids. She doesn't want them to be put in a box and not receive the resources that a school in a higher economic neighborhood would receive so she FIGHTS for these kids to have those same opportunities and resources. This will only help each and every student to achieve a higher level of learning which in turn will improve their self esteem and give them more opportunities for a brighter future! I have met most of the staff and have volunteered and feel my daughter is completely safe. They do not tolerate any misconduct and are swift to deal with any situation as needed. I am a protective mother and after hearing how they deal with discipline I am confident in my child being safe. They won't even allow an offensive shirt to be worn! I also have heard the yearly plan for helping students improve math and be more confident using computers by bringing in necessary equipment that will ensure each student is confident in using a computer and keyboard. Many do not realize that these tests they take are online yet if a student does not have a computer at home they will be slower in answering questions which then effects these test scores in a negative way. You can go into and upper class neighborhood where a computer is in every home and the majority of students are very comfortable with using it, therefore allowing their testing to be easier for them. Jefferson recognizes that these students may struggle and are working to improve that area. Also, my daughter used to struggle in Math, now she gets A's and B's. She is getting amazing help and her grades are reflecting it. I saw reports/class presentations and was so impressed Her confidence is through the roof! This school is also helping her bridge the ethnic gap as she is making more friends of different cultures. Jefferson is awesome, don't believe the rumors, and they are NOT closing down next year!!!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 03, 2015
Mrs. O and her VP are amazing! Thank you, also the ladies and men that keep our kids safe. I don't feel any anxiety when I drop my student off. I know that they are safe and in this day and age that is a great feeling.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 03, 2015
I think they do just enough homework, class work and group work. I have seen the quality of their work first hand and am very impressed.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted December 03, 2015
They do not let students quit. They encourage each student to set goals and achieve them and help them to do just that.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted December 03, 2015
The administration doesn't tolerate bullying of any kind and they are on top of how students treat each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 03, 2015
The staff takes the time to listen to students and parents whenever there is a concern and do whatever they feel is needed to make students and parents feel their needs are met.

Posted June 09, 2015
The teachers are very interested in the students and work very hard to help them. They have free lunch time tutoring in their classrooms! Everyone on staff cares about the students! They really get them ready for high school. A safe awesome place with small class sizes so students get a lot of one on one help and attention.

Posted June 09, 2015
I feel this school is very good for my children. I do not agree with the bad reviews. Maybe in the past it had problems, but the new administration has really cleaned it up. I met Mrs. Kelly this year and I could tell that she cared about the kids and keeping everyone safe. I have an 6th grader and an 8th grader. Both of them love their school and the teachers they have.

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted August 16, 2014
Was forced to move with my brother who was stationed at Pendleton I see It hasn't changed since 2004 I got in 5 fights my 3 months i attended thier my 8th grade yr with cholos paisas pinoys all affiliat ed in some kind of set and for the school faculity no good either . They dont help when ask for help then they say what I learned in Phoenix az wasn't up to standard so they put you on stupider classes with more caca Palos shitt sticks thx god I knew how to handle my own I made friends with my own worst enemies by showing how tough I was still no kid should have to show how hard they are the kid is thier to learn and to be educated make good friends while attending thier not bad ones

Posted April 18, 2014
Most of the teachers tend to be patient and wonderful with the children. Great little secret in Oceanside!

823 Acacia Street, Oceanside, CA  92058-2305
Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.