Oceanside, CA
Students enrolled: 1,046

Posted October 01, 2014
This school is freaking amazing! Two years ago they had the last walk out and 13 children got tazed! YOU SHOULDVE SEEN THE KIDS FACES WHEN ME AND THE POLICE SQUAD WERE DOING IT BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! Best day being a cop EVER. Then they went and put like 15 foot fences on the borders of the whole school and locked them during school hours! We didn't have to take all the kids to our jail, OUSD did it for us! That school is amazing; The students are intellectual and the staff are all very friendly. I highly recommend attending this school.

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted August 16, 2014
Was forced to move with my brother who was stationed at Pendleton I see It hasn't changed since 2004 I got in 5 fights my 3 months i attended thier my 8th grade yr with cholos paisas pinoys all affiliat ed in some kind of set and for the school faculity no good either . They dont help when ask for help then they say what I learned in Phoenix az wasn't up to standard so they put you on stupider classes with more caca Palos shitt sticks thx god I knew how to handle my own I made friends with my own worst enemies by showing how tough I was still no kid should have to show how hard they are the kid is thier to learn and to be educated make good friends while attending thier not bad ones

Posted April 18, 2014
Most of the teachers tend to be patient and wonderful with the children. Great little secret in Oceanside!

Posted February 19, 2013
I just pulled my son out of this School because he was attacked by 4 students in the bathroom.Once he told the nurse that he was attacked the security guards were never called.He has had his phone stolen and his camera stolen. In 6th grade he was pushed from behind and kicked while on the ground.His teachers were great but he is just too scared to attend Jefferson Middle.

Posted May 22, 2012
Too many fights and bullies. The kids here are constantly on survival mode from other students which takes away from their education. My son had a rock thrown at his face because he wouldn't give a kid his lunch. I worry for his safety he will be transferred. This is where Camp Pendleton sends their kids for a high quality education? I think they could afford to do better!!

Posted May 14, 2012
Wow.. This school has gone down hill.. More then down hill a SCARY place TO SEND YOUR CHILD....My son use to go to Jefferson in 2005, it was a good school then.. My daughter went to it in 2010-2011 and what a change.. My daughter had a bathroom pass and an boy jumped her in the hall, grabbed her by neck, pushed her into the GIRLS bathroom and said What do you think I am going to rap you? She yelled and he let go. She did not tell her teachers for fear of what the boy might do, so I took it to the police. I made a report then went to the district and they told me it would be best if I home schooled her because the other kids may gang up on her. So I put her in Pacific View for the last six weeks of school. We both hated home school and it was really sad that we had to do that being she was the victim, she had straight A's yet she had to move schools for safety reason's. Stay away is all I can say...

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted March 11, 2011
My daughter attends Jefferson Middle School as a 7th grader. Is it the best school? No. However, the current principal is wonderful and is doing a great job in cleaning up the schools "ghetto" image. He is pushing the academic curriculum and cracking down on discipline problems. He is encouraging students to be involved in their school and take pride in being a "falcon". I do believe that a majority of the problems at this school stem from the students that dont really care what their future holds. As well as their parents having the same attitude. My daughter is a straight A student and works hard to maintain those grades. If your child is willing to listen and learn and put in the effort then they will have no problems at this school.

Posted March 04, 2011
I have two children attending this school and it is horrorible. Ghetto is the best way to describe it! Yeah, there are some teachers who are trying if you can get past the wanna be gang members.. Bottom line, dont send your kids here! Especially if they are white my kids here racist comments daily ie. white boy, cracker. Have been jumped numerous times by the "gang bangers". My kids will NOT be attending next year. You want an idea of the demographics of this school, drive through the neighborhood its located in.

Posted August 03, 2010
To all parents who think that the school is "ghetto" (which always makes me laugh) or.." the teahcers don't do this" and "..the principla doesn't do that"-well, VOLUNTEER in your kids class and see how things run. If my twins tell me that a kid is being disruptive or that they are having a problem in a particular class, guess what, I am in that classroom so fast it would make your head spin. No, I am not a stay at home mom, far from it, I am a Registered Nurse and future business owner. My point is is that it is NOT only the teachers job to educate your child, it is HOME TRAINING that allows your children to either act a fool in the classroom or to LEARN quietly. Teachers have become babysitters- VOULNTEER IN THE CLASS, YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Posted May 05, 2010
Jefferson used to be a good school.The arts were a big factor in attracting more kids to the school. When my first child went to Jefferson, a lot of the higher performing kids were school of choice, and choose to come to Jefferson for different programs such as music, drama, dance, etc. With the recent change of administration and all the cut backs, the school is very poor quality now. I am pulling my 2nd child out and going to another school. The old principal used to command respect and discipline. That is no longer happening. The wannabe gang kids rule. The test scores are very low, parental involvement almost null. Most field trips are canceled due to lack of parental chaperones and money. There are kids who can NOT speak a word of english in my kids benchmark classes! Oversight? The arts are gone, electives cut to a minimum.

Jefferson Middle School
823 Acacia Street, Oceanside, CA  92058
Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top