Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is our first year at Jefferson. We went to tour the school and we immediately had a good feeling about this school. I knew in years past they had some problems but I also know that with the new Principal and Vice Principal that things where and are greatly improving. One of the worst things we can do is stay close minded and believe that a school cannot improve. This school has and will continue to greatly improve. Mrs. O the principal truly has a heart and determination for these kids. She doesn't want them to be put in a box and not receive the resources that a school in a higher economic neighborhood would receive so she FIGHTS for these kids to have those same opportunities and resources. This will only help each and every student to achieve a higher level of learning which in turn will improve their self esteem and give them more opportunities for a brighter future! I have met most of the staff and have volunteered and feel my daughter is completely safe. They do not tolerate any misconduct and are swift to deal with any situation as needed. I am a protective mother and after hearing how they deal with discipline I am confident in my child being safe. They won't even allow an offensive shirt to be worn! I also have heard the yearly plan for helping students improve math and be more confident using computers by bringing in necessary equipment that will ensure each student is confident in using a computer and keyboard. Many do not realize that these tests they take are online yet if a student does not have a computer at home they will be slower in answering questions which then effects these test scores in a negative way. You can go into and upper class neighborhood where a computer is in every home and the majority of students are very comfortable with using it, therefore allowing their testing to be easier for them. Jefferson recognizes that these students may struggle and are working to improve that area. Also, my daughter used to struggle in Math, now she gets A's and B's. She is getting amazing help and her grades are reflecting it. I saw reports/class presentations and was so impressed Her confidence is through the roof! This school is also helping her bridge the ethnic gap as she is making more friends of different cultures. Jefferson is awesome, don't believe the rumors, and they are NOT closing down next year!!!

Amount of homework: Agree

I think they do just enough homework, class work and group work. I have seen the quality of their work first hand and am very impressed.

The teachers are very interested in the students and work very hard to help them. They have free lunch time tutoring in their classrooms! Everyone on staff cares about the students! They really get them ready for high school. A safe awesome place with small class sizes so students get a lot of one on one help and attention.

I feel this school is very good for my children. I do not agree with the bad reviews. Maybe in the past it had problems, but the new administration has really cleaned it up. I met Mrs. Kelly this year and I could tell that she cared about the kids and keeping everyone safe. I have an 6th grader and an 8th grader. Both of them love their school and the teachers they have.

Was forced to move with my brother who was stationed at Pendleton I see It hasn't changed since 2004 I got in 5 fights my 3 months i attended thier my 8th grade yr with cholos paisas pinoys all affiliat ed in some kind of set and for the school faculity no good either . They dont help when ask for help then they say what I learned in Phoenix az wasn't up to standard so they put you on stupider classes with more caca Palos shitt sticks thx god I knew how to handle my own I made friends with my own worst enemies by showing how tough I was still no kid should have to show how hard they are the kid is thier to learn and to be educated make good friends while attending thier not bad ones

Most of the teachers tend to be patient and wonderful with the children. Great little secret in Oceanside!

I just pulled my son out of this School because he was attacked by 4 students in the bathroom.Once he told the nurse that he was attacked the security guards were never called.He has had his phone stolen and his camera stolen. In 6th grade he was pushed from behind and kicked while on the ground.His teachers were great but he is just too scared to attend Jefferson Middle.

Too many fights and bullies. The kids here are constantly on survival mode from other students which takes away from their education. My son had a rock thrown at his face because he wouldn't give a kid his lunch. I worry for his safety he will be transferred. This is where Camp Pendleton sends their kids for a high quality education? I think they could afford to do better!!

Wow.. This school has gone down hill.. More then down hill a SCARY place TO SEND YOUR CHILD....My son use to go to Jefferson in 2005, it was a good school then.. My daughter went to it in 2010-2011 and what a change.. My daughter had a bathroom pass and an boy jumped her in the hall, grabbed her by neck, pushed her into the GIRLS bathroom and said What do you think I am going to rap you? She yelled and he let go. She did not tell her teachers for fear of what the boy might do, so I took it to the police. I made a report then went to the district and they told me it would be best if I home schooled her because the other kids may gang up on her. So I put her in Pacific View for the last six weeks of school. We both hated home school and it was really sad that we had to do that being she was the victim, she had straight A's yet she had to move schools for safety reason's. Stay away is all I can say...

My daughter attends Jefferson Middle School as a 7th grader. Is it the best school? No. However, the current principal is wonderful and is doing a great job in cleaning up the schools "ghetto" image. He is pushing the academic curriculum and cracking down on discipline problems. He is encouraging students to be involved in their school and take pride in being a "falcon". I do believe that a majority of the problems at this school stem from the students that dont really care what their future holds. As well as their parents having the same attitude. My daughter is a straight A student and works hard to maintain those grades. If your child is willing to listen and learn and put in the effort then they will have no problems at this school.

Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.