North Terrace Elementary School 5

Posted October 28, 2014
I love everything about this school. The teachers work well with the students and the chaperones at extremely attentive and take their jobs seriously. The principal has to be the friendliest principal I've ever met! He is extremely welcoming and is always there to greet parents and students before and after school. Parents are allowed to walk their kids to class, something that is prohibited in other schools. There is always a chaperone guarding the gates upon existing the school which makes me feel like my child is safe. The school is safe and the staff is wonderful!

North Terrace Elementary School 5

Posted June 10, 2013
I love this school. My daughter had to transfer in the middle of the school year and I was so worried about the transition. They accommodated us in every way possible. I LOVE her teacher. He is great with the kids and is very caring. My daughter was going to a school in Orange County and hated going to school and seemed unhappy, I volunteered in the classroom every week and everything seemed super rushed there and no time for fun. She is happy at North Terrace and I couldn't be more happier with our decision to switch to this school.

Posted June 06, 2013
I was worried when I had read the prior reviews about this school but can honestly say this is a GREAT school!! I have two kids ( 5th and 6th grade) that are just finishing there second year here. My childs' 5th grade teacher is amazing, and always makes sure the students strive to do their very best. I was also pleased that the school added the higher grades so my older one could continue at North Terrace through middle school.

Posted December 18, 2012
I have three children two of them attend this school. So far I have been very pleased with the teachers. I have one in kinder & the other in third grade. The teachers are loving,caring and have their classes under control. My complaints about this school is the amount of students in the classes. Teachers need assistants and more parents to get involved (for the ones that can). So far my children are excelling and that's due to their home & school atmosphere.

Posted May 23, 2012
Take reviews with a grain of salt. Go to the state website and see the schools scores. North Terrace has come a far way. Its a good school in a bad district and state. I am not a fan of CA schools at all but this has been a good school. Gotten much better with the new principal. Can't wait for the brand new school building to open. My sons teacher have been excellent each year. Don't blame a school for the horrible state.

Posted May 15, 2012
We just moved here last year...i was scared after reading some of the reviews but i have been pleasantly surprised...my sons kinder class has 30 students which scared me at first but his teacher more than made up for it....he has a wonderful teacher and despite the class size he has learnt alot....don't care too much for my 3rd graders teacher but he is also learning so i cant complain....Love the principal....and the new campus looks amazing...looking forward to moving back on base. Oh and the school was awarded the Distinguished school Honors in California for the third time.

North Terrace Elementary School 2

Posted January 27, 2012
I'm so sad that we had to move here and have our son attend this school. There are no elective classes (I realize there were budget cuts but some other schools in the area at least have art OR music) & no extracurricular activities that I have heard of (except I heard they have band for 5th graders, not sure if it's true because my son is in 2nd). Class sizes are over 30 children (heard 1 case of 38!) which has really affected my son's performance. He had straight A's before moving here and loves school but has gone down to average already this year. The schoolwork is NOT any harder and we work with him at home (he loves reading and doing extra math) as we always have so I feel very strongly that the lack of individualized attention is the issue. We've had to add even more extra work at home to get him back to the speed he was at. The only reason I did not give this a one star was because his teacher seem nice. I don't understand the reviews that say there is _ and _ wrong with the school but by _ and _ you can make any school a great school (& rate it 5). If you feel that way, wouldn't it be more helpful to rate the school based on it's merits not the extra you put in?

Posted August 25, 2011
love the principle. he is personally involved in everything. he would probably teach the students himself if there were enough of him to go around! the teachers are pretty good as well. they really take their jobs seriously and genuinely care about the welfare of the students, though at times they can be a little pushy. the office staff, however, are extremely abrasive, unpersonable, abrupt, rude...need i continue? overall, north terrace isn't the worst school. but that office staff makes it very unpleasant to communicate with the school.

Posted October 18, 2010
My son has been at NT for 4 yrs and we just love the school. My daughter also stared this yr and yes the kinder class sizes are way to big but blame to education system not the school. NT is just a GREAT place to go to school and be involved in and around campus. We LOVE the teachers we have and can tell they are excited to teach and mold the minds of my little ones. We also really like the new principal. He has a wonderful love of education. Getting involved is the only way to make sure education works.

North Terrace Elementary School 3

Posted October 07, 2010
Too bad i couldn't keep my child in pre-school at North Terrace for ever. The class size is just overwhelming. There should not be 30+ Kinderg rtners in a classroom - 16-20 is manageable. ALL Oceanside schools are severely impacted. Don't plan on sending you child to public school here if you don't want to deal with over-crowding, budget issues, and gangs at a very young age.

North Terrace Elementary School
141 Santa Rosa Drive, Oceanside, CA  92058
Last modified North Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Terrace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top