Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 31, 2015
Well rounded passionate teachers who are always looking to challenge the kids - I am always impressed with their methods!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 31, 2015
Overall a warm community working on making the older kids leaders and allowing the younger kids proper guidance and compassion

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 31, 2015
They impress upon the kids the tiger code. Be kind. Be respectful. Try your best. Never give up

Posted August 31, 2015
Caring staff, incredible principal, great kids! So happy with our choice to keep our boys here - we have a second and an eighth grader

North Terrace Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2015
From day one coming to this school the lack of organization and preparation for things was lacking! The school could run 200 percent better and more efficient if for example the back to school night had the teachers and staff there! we came into the school with so many high hopes and heard so many good things about north terrace and I am yet it was a total opposite of all the positive of what I heard!

Posted December 20, 2014
I LOVED thiss school for our Kiddos. They went there for the last 4 and a half years. Their Principal is very friendly and takes his job seriously. The staff become an amazing support for our family! Two of ours were in their Speech program and made a lot of progress with them! We're military and is our time to move, the hardest part of this one was leaving our school!

Posted October 28, 2014
I love everything about this school. The teachers work well with the students and the chaperones at extremely attentive and take their jobs seriously. The principal has to be the friendliest principal I've ever met! He is extremely welcoming and is always there to greet parents and students before and after school. Parents are allowed to walk their kids to class, something that is prohibited in other schools. There is always a chaperone guarding the gates upon existing the school which makes me feel like my child is safe. The school is safe and the staff is wonderful!

Posted June 10, 2013
I love this school. My daughter had to transfer in the middle of the school year and I was so worried about the transition. They accommodated us in every way possible. I LOVE her teacher. He is great with the kids and is very caring. My daughter was going to a school in Orange County and hated going to school and seemed unhappy, I volunteered in the classroom every week and everything seemed super rushed there and no time for fun. She is happy at North Terrace and I couldn't be more happier with our decision to switch to this school.

North Terrace Elementary School 4

Posted June 06, 2013
I was worried when I had read the prior reviews about this school but can honestly say this is a GREAT school!! I have two kids ( 5th and 6th grade) that are just finishing there second year here. My childs' 5th grade teacher is amazing, and always makes sure the students strive to do their very best. I was also pleased that the school added the higher grades so my older one could continue at North Terrace through middle school.

North Terrace Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2013
Such an unfortunate experience. I pulled my daughter out and transferred her because they are so disorganized and have class sizes of 40 students! The teachers refused to communicate with me, despite me going there every day and providing phone and email contact. It would be weeks before I got a response to even simple questions and only if I contacted the administration. My child was treated horribly by her teacher; yelled at, publicly shamed, and embarrassed for a medical problem and nobody cared to even respond to my concerns.

141 Santa Rosa Drive, Oceanside, CA  92058-6880
Last modified North Terrace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.