Posted June 27, 2014
Great school. I have very high expectations of the education, but I did not get discouraged by rank number 6, since I have heard only positive reviews. The School is newly remodeled ,the principal worked hard to turn this school into a distinguished CA school. School has a STEM-E program and is a leading school in Zero Waste Program. Palmquist is absolutely sought after school in our community. Parent`s are often choosing this school as their school of choice.

Posted June 21, 2014
After one year at Palmquist I cannot sing its praises enough. Stellar programs & staff. We came from another school in the district that looks like it now has the same API score (835) but Palmquist stands out in many ways. iPads immediately got my son more engaged in learning. They encourage and incentivize reading with a well tuned AR (Advance Reading) program. Their STEM-E distinction isn't some bogus status they've bestowed on themselves either. Science, Technology, Engineering, Math AND Environment are subject matter I've seen injected not only in the classroom but into everything from a field trip to Mission San Juan Capistrano to required Science fair projects. Students, staff and stand-out parents run an amazing ZeroWaste program. They recycle like I've never seen before, they compost and they have an INCREDIBLE garden! They even sell some of their produce to the cafeteria and sometimes put a cart out on Wednesdays to sell produce to parents. The 8-week long "prep" after school programs include things like piano and guitar lessons to Lego engineering, aquaponics, ceramics, art, hula, karate, tennis, football and even etiquette class.Excellent elementary school environment!

Posted June 06, 2014
My son attended this school in his K-grade. If we would not have been moving, we would stay here 100%. I have pretty high expectations of the education, but I did not get discouraged by rank number 6, since I have heard only positive reviews. In my opinion this school deserves a much higher score. School is newly remodeled, principal worked hard to turn this school into a distinguished CA school. School has a STEM-E program and is leading school in ZeroWasteProgram. Mrs. Schrom was my son`s teacher and she was more than just amazing! Palmquist is absolutely sought after school in our community. Parent`s are often choosing this school as their school of choice. Again, number 6 does not reflect the reality. Fantastic place.

Posted January 18, 2014
I love a school where the Principal, teachers, staff, and parents are so involved! This school really is an awesome community public school with so much to offer with all their great programs and STEM-E projects. And I just found out they are the first Zero Waste School in their district! Great job to everyone at Palmquist!

Posted January 13, 2014
I was concerned when my daughter's transferred to this school from a distinguished school in Los Angeles. I was especially concerned since the school did not have great look and in a bad part of Oceanside. I almost pulled the girls out but learned the school was under construction and the one they were in was temporary. I was also put at ease with the great teacher and administrative involvement. I had several one on one with the principal and teachers. My daughters continued their love for learning in the school's environment. The school is STEM and holds up to the qualities needed to continue STEM learning after Elementary School. The school also has a great after school PREP program with music, art and sports classes. I believe the only reason the score is low on this site is the low amount of responses and the fact most are old.

Posted January 01, 2013
I am a serious momma and I began searching for a diverse, innovative, and creative school with excellent leadership when my daughter was only 2-years-old. Palmquist has everything I was looking for: bleeding edge reading and math programs, extracurricular activities for a nominal fee, and a HIGHLY involved and active PTO. The principal is awesome, the teachers are creative, and everyone plays as hard as they work--adults and kids alike. I love Palmquist and feel 100% satisfied that my research brought me this school.

Posted November 16, 2012
Also, forgot to add in my last reveiw, I love the homework schedule, they get a packet on Friday and its due the next Friday. Great for kids in all grades!

Posted October 26, 2012
These reviews made me laugh, I thought for a moment that they were fake, but then the dates confirm that they are just mostly old. Palmquist is so highly regarded in the district that they had to cut off enrollment when it climbed over 700! Other schools in the district are copying the great programs we have and we have the most technology in the district. We just received California Distinguished school award, of which our awesome and ambitious principal, staff, parents and students are very proud. We wouldn't want to attend anywhere else.

Palmquist Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2012
Classes are over filled, the teachers (at least the one my son has) don't give that one on one time he needs. He went from an amazing school and excelled, to this one where he has not learned one thing! If you can put your kids in another school I would very much recommend it!

Palmquist Elementary School 4

Posted March 20, 2010
There has not been a review in a while? The school has been through a lot of change. The focus is so much more consistant. The principal, teachers, and parents are on a pathway to creating something great... Stay tuned!

Palmquist Elementary School
1999 California Street, Oceanside, CA  92054
Last modified Palmquist Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmquist Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top