Posted July 04, 2012
This was my daughters first year attending South O and she loved it, coming from her that says a lot. She started third grade last her, and for the first time she did not want the year to end. The teachers, staff, and Mr. Johnston the principle are just great. They all really care for the kids and you can see that. My daughter came from a very stressful school, that but a lot of pressure on the kids. It was awesome coming here and seeing our daughter blossom. With having no stress she was able to learn so much more. It was truly awesome to see. She woke up everyday wanting to go to school and learn. This school really made a difference to our family. I cant say thank you enough. Mrs.Engstrom was the best third grade teacher. She is one of those teachers you will never forget. I was so thankful my daughter had her for a teacher. The principle and staff has really made a wonderful and peaceful learning environment for the kids. We love South O. Thank you. The Brown Family

Posted May 11, 2011
This school deserves to be rated at a ten!!! I have known Mr. Johnston (the principal) since high school and he is as great now as he was then! My daughter has attended the school since kindergarden (she is now in the second grade) and she loves going to school every morning! Ms. Engle, Ms. Troxel, Ms. Templeton and Ms. Jones (her teachers) have all been great! We love the school!

Posted October 13, 2010
South "O" is a five star school all around. The school staff, parents, and community are caring and provide a positive learning environment everyday.

South Oceanside Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
My son goes here, and both my husband and me attended this school. They have been awesome to my son and his special needs. He is improving everyday. Love this school.

Posted December 06, 2009

Posted August 27, 2009
My son has gone to South O since kindergarden, he is now just starting his year in 2nd grade, and I truely have nothing but great things to say about this school!!! Every teacher we have encountered has been a great one!!! Mr.Johnston and Mrs. Spencer are a wonderful principal/vice principal team!! The first year my son went the school had less students, but even with ditmar closing down and them adding and crowding the class rooms, I still see nothing but success!! This school should have a 9 rating!!!!

Posted May 12, 2009

South Oceanside Elementary School 0

Posted March 16, 2009
South O is a great school. My son is in first grade and has learnt a lot. The teacher was great and has provided extra work to challenge him. The teacher is experienced and really cares about the kids in the classroom. The only suggestion for improvement is the lack of extracurricular activities.

Posted March 13, 2009

Posted January 01, 2009
I have two kids that go to South O and this is my oldest sons second year and my little one's first year of Kindergarten, the teachers are wonderful as well as everyone else that works there! I am so pleased that they attend this school!

South Oceanside Elementary School
1806 South Horne Street, Oceanside, CA  92054
Last modified South Oceanside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Oceanside Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.