Oceanside, CA

Posted November 05, 2014
Everyone is so willing to help any student. I came from Chula Vista haborside elementary they told me my son was slow .. Came here two years ago he had dyslexia which I told haborside but they never did anything and here at alamosa they changed his world. Helped my son read and write made him felt like he was the smartest boy ever .. Best school ever

Alamosa Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2014
As a parent with two kids at this school, Alamosa leaves a lot to be desired academically and in terms of parent involvement. The former principal was arrogant and cold to parents. The new proncipal is hopelessly inexperienced and incompetent. Learning supports for my children are minimal. Opportunities to volunteer are limited to a price legend few parents. The community this school serves is great; VUSD is squandering an opportunity to have a school that shines because VUSD is unable to provide the type of leadership this school deserves.

Alamosa Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
A former kid at this school, most of the students were downright RUDE. But the principal is very nice. But compared to Casita Center, this school wasn't very tiny. It's a good school, but not as good as the school I'm in right now.

Alamosa Park Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2014
I personally liked "Alamosa Idol" the anual talent show where there are no winners but everyone gets a chance to show off their secret or not secret talents if they choose to. Another thing about Alamosa Park is the "Hawk Run," a fundraiser that takes place every other year at the park next to the school. You can run laps to help raise money for your school. Overall, I Iiked my experience at Alamosa Park Elementary School and have no doubt that your child would either.

Alamosa Park Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
Alamosa, in my opinion, is an average school. Will your child learn the skills expected of them in each grade? Yes. For the most part, the teachers are very caring and committed to your child's education. My child had very good teachers during her time at this school. My concern is that extra-curricular programs are few and far between. GATE does not exist and there are no programs for advanced children. Teachers may try to provide advanced materials to those learners, but that is hit or miss depending on the teacher. Administration also seems to be lacking at this school. The principal isn't very visible and the front office staff are not very friendly. Noon duties are a bit harsh and there are way too many rules when it comes to recess. There isn't anything really "wrong" with this school, and test scores are some of the highest in the district, but I wouldn't call it an "exceptional" school either.

Alamosa Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 28, 2011
My child loves this school. The teachers have been great. There is a little too much homework, but I guess that is what is needed to build a child. The only downfall is the aftercare. We had an awesome crew last year, and now we have all new people that don't seem to care. One of the aftercare workers spends more time on their cellphone, then they do watching the children. Seriously, she is on the phone, texting and fighting over the phone, right in front of the children! Can we get the crew back from last year?

Alamosa Park Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2010
My daughter has been attending this school since kindergarten and now 5th grade. She has had 6 wonderful, caring teachers. There is a lot of parent involvement. Great teachers participate and lead many afterschool enriching activities. I would highly recommend Alamosa.

Alamosa Park Elementary School 0

Posted March 31, 2009
5 star, great teachers and dedicated principal and staff. PTA's great!!!

Posted February 25, 2009

Posted October 15, 2008

Alamosa Park Elementary School
5130 Alamosa Park Drive, Oceanside, CA  92057
Last modified Alamosa Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alamosa Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top