Oceanside, CA
Students enrolled: 1,275

Posted January 02, 2014
I am a sixth grader at madison middle school. I absolutely love this school. My favorite teacher is Mr.Fennell. He is always happy and funny. My math teacher is great too. He always supports us and lets us be us. Mrs.Rose is an excellent PE teacher. My language arts teacher refuses to let us give up. Sixth graders have the right to go to dances, unlike some other schools. At lunch I often wonder around. Sometimes I will walk with a friend. We have plenty of freedom at lunch. This school would not look as good without our janitors. How ever, I am concerned about the landscape people. They sometimes use weed cutters or leaf blowers while we are in class. They walk through the parking lot holding chainsaws above them. They also through the clippings onto the bush when they are done and never look happy or socialize with us. The band at madison is amazing. They play all sorts of songs. A great instrument selection. Over and out. -Student.

Madison Middle School 1

Posted November 06, 2013
Common Core is in and advanced math is out! Now every student will take the same dumbed down math classes. Say goodbye to Algebra 1 on this campus. Interestingly, San Marcos Unified still offers advanced math classes for their middle school students, but Vista prefers to keep their students at the same low level. Parents should insist that pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 be brought back so that students have the same opportunity as students from other districts!

Madison Middle School 2

Posted May 07, 2013
In my short life I've attended several schools across the country. Most schools had great teachers who were always willing to adjust to my level and pace of learning. Prior to moving to California, I had lived in Texas, where I had many doubts of the education system. I was not far off. I went from all Pre-AP courses to basic classes that made me feel like a regular student in Special Ed. (no offense). The teachers at Madison are very prejudice and play favorites. They are so open about it that it's no real surprise. Many of them are like cops; they feel high and mighty on their power trip and abuse it to make themselves feel better. They are bullies sometimes. The material in the math and science classes is from several grade levels ago. Perhaps it's slightly more elaborated, but it isn't any new concepts. Language Arts, likely due to my teacher Ms. Levin, is an actually enjoyable class sometimes. We debate our ideas about literature we read in class and really have good conversation. Other LA teachers are not this way, however. The social aspect of Madison is good. You get to spend time with friends a lot, but that isn't what school is about. Don't go to Madison Middle. -Student

Posted June 05, 2012
Madison has great teachers. Basketaball has been a highlight for my daughter, coaches are passionate about the game. Madison encourage and strive for academic excellence. One bummer though, the office staff is rude. They need to work on answering the phone more politely. They need to be abit more cordial. Kids are watching people give a good example of perfessioalism. Other than that, great school.

Posted May 12, 2012
Madison Middle School has helped my son tremendously. Last year the elementary school that he attended was not so helpful and am glad he only had to be there for a year. This year he is doing so well and the teachers treat him with respect and have been so helpful. I also noticed the teachers are motivated and caring to the kid's. My son is happy this year to attend school.

Posted December 01, 2011
What a gem in Vista school district !!. The teachers are excellent,caring and motivated. In spite of large number of students from different socio- economic backgrounds the teachers are doing great job and it all shows in test scores.

Posted January 19, 2011
My student is thriving at Madison due to excellent, caring, and motivating teachers. They offer a balanced cirriculum of math, science, language arts, social studies, PE etc. They offer different course choices for those students who'd prefer to try a second language, asb, drama, yearbook, band etc. The band teacher there provides positive and exceptional music instruction. We couldn't be happier.

Posted October 04, 2010
Madison is an amazing school that really places the students as the top priority. The principal is amazing, and the teachers are really dedicated to provide their very best.

Madison Middle School 3

Posted February 09, 2010

Posted December 14, 2009

Madison Middle School
4930 Lake Boulevard, Oceanside, CA  92056
Last modified Madison Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top