Oceanside, CA
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I am so appreciative of all of the parents who take the time to communicate their perspectives. This is how we become a better place to work and learn. Every single parent perspective is given careful consideration as we create our single plan for student achievment. Perception is everything! I strive to continue refining our already wonderful school with these thoughts and opinions at the forefront of our decision making so we can do what is best for every child even in tough economic times for education. Not one word of a parent or student goes unheard. I urge all parents to keep up the communication! Communication is so important and its a two way street. Most of you know you can email, call, or walk in anytime and your concerns will always be addressed swiftly at Mission Meadows! My greatest respect to the kids, parents, and staff at this wonderful school With great honor to serve as Principal! Mrs. Golden
August 27, 2012

Posted May 15, 2013
Our child came to Mission Meadows with only a few months left in the school year. Our child feels welcome and has learned more than she did at her former school in a short amount of time. She has worked on subjects other than math, which was all the old school cared about. I highly recommend Mission Meadows!

Posted December 17, 2012
As parents of a 1st grader who began her studies as a kindergartener, we are very pleased by the leadership of Principle Mrs. Golden has exhibited. With staff she has established a no-nonsense, performance oriented learning environment. And with a wonderful caring environment at MME, our daughter enjoys school and is enthusiastic about learning. It is noteworthy to mention that it takes the involvement and attention of parents as well. Our daugher has excelled because of this combination. As importantly, Mrs. Golden and staff have responded effectively and without hesitation to instances were immediate, direct intervention was necessary. She and her staff have shown a willingness to exemplify an un-acceptance of bad and un-acceptable behavior. All in all MME is to us, a very impressive education center and we are fortunate to have this school available to us.

Posted September 20, 2012
Wow! What a great school. I just stumbled across this website and thought I'd add a few thoughts. First of all, initially, my husband and I were skeptical of enrolling our daughter in a VUSD school. We were wrong! Ever since our first tour of the school, in early August, by the principal, we have not stopped smiling. We can really see how our daughter is being pushed academically to be the best she can be. She loves waking up every morning and getting to school. The staff is amazing, her teacher cares so much and the principal is the most visible, dynamic administrator I could ever imagine. This is a great school.

Mission Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2012
My son has been at MME since kindergarten and has had fabulous teachers in all teh grades. He's excelled very well and I have not had one issue with any of the teachers or staff. I too am on campus quite a bit and if they "yell" it is to be heard over the noise and get the kids attention and not as a punishment. Let's talk about parent involvement. I would like to see more parent involvment to help with the fundraisers and their child's class when asked to step up and help for a project or event. It seems that it's the same parents that do everything. Be a part of your child's school and education and participate in any way possible. And no, there is no coaxing to write this. I chose to do this on my own!

Mission Meadows Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2012
This is such a great website, I'm so glad I found it! I love that parents can give their opinion about their school experience. My son has been at MME since K and it is a very good school. The principal is amazing! She is young and full of energy and likes to get things done. I have noticed a bit more yelling than I would like and have voiced my opinion about it, but thats the public school system for you. At MME safety is huge and there is a great system in place in case of an emergency. I was told some PTA members were asked to write positive reviews on this site, but as long as their truthful it's probably okay. I love the parents at MME they are very involved and ever present which makes for a fun experience for all.

Posted June 01, 2012
Mission Meadows is an extremely positive and inclusive school. The teachers, principal and staff are all very caring and nurturing. The number one priority of this extremely dedicated and talented team is the success and well being of the students. Scholastic excellence is the utmost criteria, while remembering to have plenty of fun along the way. This is the beginning of your child's life journey and Mission Meadows, Mrs. Golden and all the teachers are highly resolved to the success of your child and your participation is encouraged and expected. I am very enthused and extremely delighted to be part of the team that makes this school and the students a great success!! Keep up the great work and the ongoing progress to academic excellence.

Posted April 25, 2012
Love Mission Meadows Elementary! Great staff, Great Principal and an all around Great School! I wish my daughter didn't have to leave Elementary School Next Year.... She's been there since Kindergarten.

Posted April 17, 2012
Mission Meadows has an amazingly supportive community of students, staff, and teachers. As a SDC teacher I am so proud to be a part of the special education program here that embraces all students differences. Mission Meadows works hard on ability awareness and it shows in the student's attitudes and behaviors towards one another. We believe that every student deserves to feel a sense of belonging and support!

Posted April 17, 2012
I am an employee at Mission Meadows. I have had the great opportunity to join this magnificiant team last month. I work as a support secretary in the school office. I see the dedication staff give to the students, parents and the community. I am proud to say I work at Mission Meadows with staff that put "action" behind the meaning of putting students first.

Posted April 16, 2012
My daughter and I love this school. The teachers are attentive and caring. Parent involvement is amazing, and the education is above and beyond. By far, the BEST school in Vista.

Mission Meadows Elementary School
5657 Spur Avenue, Oceanside, CA  92056
Last modified Mission Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mission Meadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top