Posted April 27, 2014
I have had the pleasure of working at this school for 10 years and have found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. This diverse community is filled with students from a variety of ethnic backgrounds who have contributed into making this school into a culturally rich learning environment. We are blessed to have the support of our parents who also contribute into making their childrens learning experience successful. Many of our students continue on to private and public high schools with a strong academic foundation and discipline that prepares them for continued success. But most of all it is our main endeavor to prepare our students with a strong spiritual foundation that will carry on with them throughout their lives.

Posted April 27, 2014
St Mary's Star of the Sea Oceanside is a fabulous school. Academics are strong. Teachers are loving, outgoing and come from very strong academic backgrounds themselves. Attending St. Mary's is special because it is an extension of your current family. There is a school wide Mass every Friday and the whole school participates. Students where uniforms and treat teachers and peers respectfully. It is a wonderful place to be everyday. It is safe, nurturing and academically challenging. I highly recommend this school.

Posted April 27, 2014
St. Mary Star of the Sea School is dedicated to educating the entire child. The academics are very strong and prepare the graduates to succeed in high school and life. There is a strong physical education program to keep the students healthy and able to perform at their best. The students are taught to be participating citizens in a community as they learn to grow in their faith. St. Mary School is a fabulous community of learners where life long friendships begin and are nurtured.

Posted April 08, 2014
My son LOVES this school and cannot wait to go everyday. Teachers are amazing. He comes back everyday very happy. They are all wearing uniform and the school knows the balance of too strict and being a kid. Don't let the old buiding scares you. The education is amazing!

Posted March 05, 2013
We moved to Oceanside in 2007 and were blessed to find a home at St. Mary's. We have had 4 children there (the oldest has moved on to high school) and it really has been a second home for them. They have thrived personally, academically and spiritually. The school is demanding academically but always emphasizes the importance of genuine Christian love and fellowship. Highly recommend this school.

Posted November 26, 2012
My two kids go to St. Mary's (one in preschool and the other in 1st grade) and we've had such a fantastic experience. The teachers have been wonderful and the parents get to know each other due to the small school. I love the fact that there is an assigned room mom that can help whenever you have any questions, although the teachers can easily be reached too.

Posted August 08, 2012
My daughter has been going to St. Mary's for 5 years now, since Preschool and she is very happy with the school, her classmates and the teachers. Her Iowa Test Scores are well above average and she is well behaved. The school is the lowest priced private school in the area by far. To me the school seems a bit dated, though she doesn't see it that way. She loves the school and wants to continue going there until 8th grade.

Posted June 10, 2011
2 of our kids spent 8 years at St. Mary's. The oldest one went on to be valedictorian of his high school and graduated last year from harvard. The best thing about St. Mary's is the solid ethical foundation given but the academic side is strong also, particularly in math. We are so grateful for all that the school has done for our kids!

St. Mary Star Of The Sea Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2011
Both my sons attended the preschool and it has always felt like a second home for my children. All the teachers and Ms. Shapiro, the Director genuinely care about every individual child. I highly recommend the preschool for its curriculum, value and staff.

Posted February 06, 2011
St.Mary's helped my son turn his entire attitude towards learning around. He loves the sports programs and the structure. The classrooms are quiet and the teachers are really able to teach the material. He loves Advanced Math and there is a healthy spirit of competition to achieve good grades. I love this school and can't say enough great things about it. The teachers and environment of St. Mary's transformed his outlook on education and its importance.

St. Mary Star Of The Sea Elementary School
515 Wisconsin Avenue, Oceanside, CA  92054
Last modified St. Mary Star Of The Sea Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Mary Star Of The Sea Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top