Posted December 18, 2014
My two children started at OMMS this school year and are thriving!! We could not be happier. They are in the preschool and have grown by leaps and bounds--more confident, independent, making friends and learning. It's so much more than "daycare". The approach works! And the teachers are fabulous and very dedicated. They have music and crafts as well as outdoor environment in their daily activities. The classmate are well behaved and the parents are involved and welcoming. We highly recommend this school.

Posted November 20, 2014
Love this school beyond words. I love the small class sizes, the individual attention and the after school programs offered. My children have been here for four years and it is a good fit for us. The price for their education is spot-on and the teacher's have a great heart, with a desire to help them grow in so many different ways. Catholic AND Montessori; you can't go wrong!

Posted September 30, 2014
Great school! I can say this from both a parent and a credentialed/masters degree teacher perspective. My 5 year old and 8 year old girls are so nourished in this environment and are excelling in their education. This is the school to send your children to especially with the continued decline of the local public schools.

Old Mission Montessori School 4

Posted October 23, 2013
I have multiple children at the school. My children have been at OMMS for almost 10 years, since they were 3 years old. The academics and community are unparalleled. The children are able to develop a confidence and social presence only a smaller school could cultivate. My children feel at home and can academically compete far above their grade level.

Old Mission Montessori School 1

Posted October 05, 2013
Not worth the money. Poor academics and poor discipline policies. It's all about the money. Most of staff is nice.. Other than that . You are looking at a School which takes kids in just for the money. Poor academic scores. In part by staff not having the education needed to teach . Lots of special needs kids without any staff able to Provide appropriate education .

Posted February 11, 2013
I can not say enough good things about our experience here. The teachers and administration are wonderful. We have been attending here for over 3 years (Pre-K and Kinder) and have been extremely happy with the educational as well as the social aspects. The sizes of the classes are small and my children are well above many of their peers when it comes to reading and math. I cant speak to the middle school, but I am happy with the Jr Elementary as are the parents I know who send their children there.

Old Mission Montessori School 2

Posted August 08, 2012
To sum it up, this school as a whole is priced high for the value received. My son in preschool learned how to read, so as for the all-day preschool, I would highly recommend the PRESCHOOL ONLY and as a huge plus, the preschool teachers are very loving! As for the upper grades, St. Patrick or St. Mary are better schools and if you take your child on a tour of all three, this school will be the last on their list and yours too. Take a look at the test scores. This is a good place for higher maintenance/needier children to get individualized attention. The pre-school and Kindergarten financially support the upper grades. The Parish is badly in disarray. The Camp Pendleton Soccer Mom parents are running this school, be prepared to honor them and their ideas, or suffer the consequences.

Posted July 09, 2012
Fantastic school, very pleased with the nurturing teachers, facilities and activities it offers. It truly has been a Godsend to my family's chaotic schedule. Daughter has done tremendously well, not even 5 yet and she's already reading.

Posted February 21, 2011
This is a wonderful school. It provides loving and nurturing family environment. It's a great alternative to a "cookie cutter" public school education. The teachers clearly care for the students well being and strive to tailor their lessons to their ability. The Montessori aspect allows the child to makes choices throughout his day rather than being instructed to do each task. Also, the curriculum includes a lot of variety which keeps my child excited and interested in school, which is the most important thing to me. He is exposed to animal, plant, history and art studies and sees the world around him as a classroom. This school truly inspires a love of learning and I am very pleased with my son's education.

Posted September 02, 2010
Great School, I love this place, faith builds here. I am a student there and have been having faith problems. OMMS really helped me and now I alter-serve all the time in school and parish masses. I do have a few things I don't like about this school, though. The after school sports are not held often, all that happened last year was volleyball and soccer for the girls. :-(. I am very into Montessori learning, and didn't really receive that in 4-5th Grade. Many good things happen at OMMS though, like: the teachers are excellent, the principal is very smart and KNOWS what she is doing, and the academics are very difficult, but not too difficult. (No, mom didn't make me write this, this is all me.) I am amazed at how well I fit in so fast, everyone had such big, warm hearts. Overall, 5 stars.

Old Mission Montessori School
4070 Mission Avenue, Oceanside, CA  92057
Last modified Old Mission Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Old Mission Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top